PDA

View Full Version : Romulan Raptor

Stu
December 2nd, 2002, 07:52 AM
For the past few months I've been trying to come up with a Romulan ship that was small than a Warbird, but larger than the scout ship type vessels that were in Next Generation. It's about the same size as an Intrepid class starship or maybe the same size as a Klingon Bird of Prey. Please don't pay attention to the nacelles. I'm working on a different design for them. I just wanted to see what others thought of the design so far before I do a front and back view and take it into Adobe Illustrator. Thanks.

www.geocities.com/ussmillennium/raptor.jpg (http://www.geocities.com/ussmillennium/raptor.jpg)

Thomas P
December 2nd, 2002, 09:53 AM
Wow! Nice lines, very Romulan looking indeed. Look forward to seeing it done!

General Phoenix
December 3rd, 2002, 02:46 AM
Hey, Stu!

Nice design. I'm looking forward to seeing more of it.

I just noticed you're in Iowa. I was born in Council Bluffs and spent the first 12 years of my life there. :) What part of the Hawkeye state are you in?

(Speaking of which, the Hawkeyes are doing amazing this year...)

EBOLII
December 3rd, 2002, 05:23 AM
Yup I like the design would like to see it in a larger version though......It would be a great 3d mesh

Stu
December 3rd, 2002, 07:02 AM
Thank you guys for your comments. I'm glad you like it. I'll move ahead with the front and back views.
Ebolii, I'll have a bigger version when I'm done redoing it in Illustrator. I would be interested in seeing it as a CGI model.
General Phoenix, I live in a small town called Slater. It's about 9 miles south of Ames, or about 12 miles North of Des Moines.
Thanks again for your comments. I'll try and get the other two views done as soon as I can.

EBOLII
December 3rd, 2002, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by Stu
I'll have a bigger version when I'm done redoing it in Illustrator. I would be interested in seeing it as a CGI model

does this mean you are unable to model it?.....becouse if you didn't know with a set of blueprint I can model anything........hint hint

AslanC
December 3rd, 2002, 02:37 PM
:drool: :drool: :drool:

More please this thing is gorgeous :)

Stu
December 3rd, 2002, 05:19 PM
Yes Ebolii, unfortunately I do not have the knowledge, nor the software to do a a CG model. If you would like to do a model of the Raptor, you are more than welcome to. Accually, anyone is open to try. One of the ships (the U.S.S. Horatio) that I've posted was done into a CGI model by the very talented Thomas P. :D

EBOLII
December 3rd, 2002, 08:46 PM
then all I need is a 4 view blueprint of decent quality.....and viola..........:D

Hito
December 3rd, 2002, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by EBOLII
then all I need is a 4 view blueprint of decent quality.....and viola..........:D
show off...:rolleyes:

:D

General Phoenix
December 4th, 2002, 01:54 AM
I've heard of Slater - there's something special about it, either a historical landmark or I have some family there. I'm afraid I can't remember which... :)

Stu
December 10th, 2002, 02:06 PM
Here is the top view done in Illustrator.

Raptor Top View (http://www.geocities.com/ussmillennium/raptor1.jpg)

I will try to get the other views done as soon as I can.

EBOLII
December 10th, 2002, 03:56 PM
Outstanding!...yup I am gonna model this Raptor I am!...yeah!

When you get done with the views are you capable of doing them in any size?...say 1024X768?....via private?

Looks great I look forward to the other views

Stu
December 11th, 2002, 01:17 PM
Here is the side view. I did an image showing the wing and nacelle, and another with out to show the side view of the under side.

Raptor side views (http://geocities.com/ussmillennium/raptor2.jpg)

Ebolii, I can make these images as big as you need. What size and resolution would you prefer?

Hopefully I'll have the front and back views done by no later than next week.

Thomas P
December 11th, 2002, 02:59 PM
Man I can't wait to see Ebolii mesh this one out! Looks great Stu.

spudmonkey
December 13th, 2002, 01:21 AM
Ebolli, if you can't model it from just those two views then I call thee "Slacker" ;)

Very nice design Stu :)

Melvin the Dork
December 13th, 2002, 08:52 AM
I waaaaaaaaaaant to see it. Everybody says its great. Everytime I click an image it says that geocities can't show it or something. I really want to see it, it sounds sooo cool. Is it my PC or what?
Mel

Stu
December 13th, 2002, 11:09 AM
Melvin, try this, where it says "http://" on the website addresss, just delete that. or copy the web address and open up a new browser window and paste the address in the window. Hopefully that makes sense.

Glad you all like images so far. Like I said, hopefully I'll have the other 2 images sometime next week.

ThomasB
December 13th, 2002, 01:57 PM
Hey EBOLII, weren't you going to model my little Rommy design? ;)
Doesn't matter, this one rocks :D

-TB

Melvin the Dork
December 13th, 2002, 07:06 PM
It worked. I must say that is a very cool ship. Federation ships are usually cool if they aren't cannon but there are, in my opinion, very few cool Romulan and Klingon ships.
Very cool and thanks for the help in veiwing.
Mel

EBOLII
December 14th, 2002, 08:13 AM
Fear NOT my friends...look for the WnP of 2 thats right TWO...Romulan Warcraft by me EBOLII

one will be the Galaxy class size Romulan Ospray Warbird design by ThomasB

the second wil be this most excellent Defiant /BOP size Romulan Raptor Battlecruiser

Look for them soon............but not yet

EBOLII
December 27th, 2002, 05:52 PM
Help me with the chant........................

Stu...Stu...Stu...Stu!

Stu
December 28th, 2002, 04:55 PM
I'm very sorry I haven't gotten any new images posted lately. My computer (Mac G3) at home is in the shop being upgraded. I'm having to use my computer at work. Not that I don't like my computer at work (Mac G4), it is just I haven't been in the mood to stay after work recently, and with the recent holidays, it's been really hard. But I DO PROMISE to have, at least, the front and bottom views to you this coming week. Again, sorry for the delay.

AslanC
December 28th, 2002, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by EBOLII
Look for them soon............but not yet When? When? I need to see them :)

EBOLII
January 5th, 2003, 04:09 PM
STU....STU......STU......Continuing the chant I am....STU

AslanC
January 5th, 2003, 04:31 PM
GIMME AN S!

"S"

GIMME A T!

"T"

GIMME A U!

"U"

WHAT'S THAT SPELL!?

"STU!"

WHAT?

"STU!!"

Zanith
January 5th, 2003, 07:28 PM
Someone . . . Deal with the nut!
LOL!

Updates?

Stu
January 6th, 2003, 06:34 AM
THANK YOU FOR THE CHANTING!
I must once again apologize for my tardeiness on updates. I've had too many unexpected things come up. It's as if some unseen force is trying to stop me. It will not succeed my friends! BUT, come hell or high water, I will have undates by no later than Wednesday. THAT IS A PROMISE. I know, you are all tired of hearing my promises, but it will happen. Please be patient. Good things come to those who wait. :)

Stu
January 6th, 2003, 02:33 PM
Well, I guess you guys won't have to wait until Wednesday. I just happened to have nothing to do at work this morning, and got the bottom view done. Enjoy! :D

Bottom View (www.geocities.com/ussmillennium/raptor3.jpg)

Zanith
January 7th, 2003, 12:54 PM
Umm. Damn Geocities.

And NICE WORK STU!!! Damn. You are doing a damn fine job. What proggie ya usin'?

EBOLII
January 9th, 2003, 05:36 PM
Yummy just one more view and away we go!................I will make my request then [that way it will be easy for you] but fear not there is nothing to it

Stu
January 13th, 2003, 01:24 PM
Well, I've finally got the front view done. YEAH!!!!

Front View (http://www.geocities.com/ussmillennium/raptor4.jpg)

I don't think I'll be doing a back view. If I don't, it won't be for some time. I've got a Federation starship design that needs my attention now. Thank you all for your support and enthusiasim during this project of mine.

Zanith - I did the Raptor in Adobe Illustrator. I'm glad you like the design. :)

Ebolii - what ever you need, I can do it. :)

EBOLII
January 13th, 2003, 03:08 PM
okay I have all the views I need......permission to adjust accordingly?......as I model?

plus what I need is a 1024x768 of the top, bottom, sides (without the color) just black and white I will use the color scheme from the already aquired images

I need them as large as possible in the 1024x768 size you can zip em and send em to me via mesh@sci-trek2001.com.........

When I say adjust accordingly I amagined the wings would be curved a little for a more dramatic Romulan threat appearance............

Stu
January 14th, 2003, 11:00 AM
Ebolii,
That shouldn't be a problem. However, what type of file do you want me to save them as? EPS, JPEG, TIFF???? And you have my full permission to "adjust accordingly". :D

EBOLII
January 14th, 2003, 11:17 AM
what ever saves space but does not lose quality...I run photoshop 7 so if that helps

AslanC
January 14th, 2003, 08:39 PM
I can't wait to see a 3D model of this beauty :)

Great work Stu :)

Any others?

ThomasB, what was the design of yours that Ebolii was gonna do?