PDA

View Full Version : Tribute to a Hero (possible trek spoiler)

FirstBorg
January 17th, 2003, 09:59 AM
(***NOTE: The following picture and discussion has a spoiler if you haven't seen the last Trek movie -edited by T7G)

My tribute to a Hero...

click on the link for a 1024 high res picture.
http://newanims.dyndns.org/newanims/3dg/farewell.jpg

Vertigo1
January 18th, 2003, 03:49 PM
Welp...that just ruined Nemesis for me. Next time, try putting up spoiler warnings for those of us that haven't seen Nemesis yet.

Thomas P
January 18th, 2003, 05:20 PM
Well given that it is not showing anymore in a majority of theaters....

And anyway, it was the worst kept part of the storyline.

Melvin the Dork
January 18th, 2003, 06:55 PM
Considering that Spiner has wanted Data to kick it since before Insurection I don't think it was really a surpised.

"I knew Data was gonna die."-- Jeff the bind drunk homeless man who lives in the street in front of my apartment.

Thomas P
January 19th, 2003, 09:28 AM
And of course, there is that whole B4 thing - only meaning that there seem to be a lot of Data's out there! (STIII - Search for Spock). You can't die until B&B say so. Though Spinner will likely not want to come back again - if there is anymore TNG based movies.

Darrell Lawrence
January 19th, 2003, 09:51 AM
I didn't find his "sacrifice" as sacrificial as Spock's in ST 2 either.

No real build up to it, plus having B4 present.

Lessee.... Lore B4 Data.... one does have to wonder how many are out there ;)

(anyone get the joke in that last line? :D )

Kai
January 19th, 2003, 10:36 AM
no reason to see it for that then..

it's not opened in the UK yet...

Proximo
January 19th, 2003, 12:34 PM
It's been out for ages.

drvr91
January 19th, 2003, 07:34 PM
That a nice pic there dude

Banner
January 20th, 2003, 09:00 AM
DO YOU UNDERSTAND DESPITE YOUR BEST INTENTIONS THAT SOME PEOPLE ARE SICKLY FANATICAL AND REALLY WAIT YEARS FOR A GOOD CLEAN EXPERIENCE AND TRY AND STAY AWAY FROM INFORMATION THAT COULD RUIN THAT DAY THEY'VE BEEN WAITING FOR FOR SO LONG?

Please put up a sign next time that says S P O I L E R W A R N I N G ! ! ! ! !

Can't be safe anywhere now it seems.

Banner
January 20th, 2003, 09:02 AM
Come to think of it, being as pissed as I am right now, I won't come here untill I've seen the movie, and that's in May.

Vertigo1
January 20th, 2003, 06:00 PM
Geez Tom, calm down! Sure, it irritated the hell out of me but what you posted was way over the line.

General Phoenix
January 20th, 2003, 11:34 PM
I've edited that post a bit - and Thomas, check your PM's...

Banner
January 21st, 2003, 12:35 PM
Everyone, sorry I flipped. I overreacted because when people try and make a big effort to accomplish something and do for years and gets put down unwillingly despite all efforts it gets to be a big disappointment and a blow to the head. It's only a movie and I am not a fanatic in any way but I've tried to not read much about this movie as I possibly could and without warning I get information about what has got to be the ending and other information as well thrown in my face. That is not well considered. And I am sorry I flipped, it isn't usually like me.

Some woman was kind enough to explain how the last Lord of the Rings movie ended despite I've spend years reading through to the last book. Years meaning seven years, yes, a slow reader but that really is a waste of peoples' time and effort. Please think of this the next time any of you wants to make a piece of artwork or talk about what you've just experienced and please warn people about it, good considerations and good intentions will come back threefold.

Sorry once again.

And to make up for my bad behaviour, FistBorg, here is a tip to improve the image so you can be even more proud of it as you already are.

Looking at the picture as it stands it is clear to me that what it lacks, not technical 3d stuff but as an image, is that the Enterprise doesn't stand out because it's not lit enough. Brighten it up either in Photoshop or whatever 2D package you use or in your 3D scene. And it will work a lot better.

I look forward to an update :)