PDA

View Full Version : Web Hosting..

Resistance
February 3rd, 2003, 05:26 AM
I had a few problems with my web hosting..So Now I'm looking for a new one...Could anyone point to a Good webhoster... I willing to pay $150-200 a year...Looking for about a gig of space and 20gigs bandwidth...

Proximo
February 3rd, 2003, 05:38 AM
http://www.featureprice.com/

Their premium plan offers 25gb of bandwidth and 5gb of space for just over $200. The only service thdy don't offer is a shell account, so no telnet.

They've changed some of the systems behind their operation recently, though, so I'm waiting to see how that pans out. They're the best I've ever hosted with so far. The only thing better is getting your own server. IMO. :)

Resistance
February 3rd, 2003, 10:27 AM
Thanks Proximo...I check it out and it seems great...but They only take credit cards... Man they would have been perfect...

Proximo
February 3rd, 2003, 11:32 AM
D'oh. Can't you get a credit card?

Resistance
February 6th, 2003, 06:26 PM
Yeah I could :D

I found another site...What do you guys and gals think?
http://www.gisol.com/hosting/

Proximo
February 7th, 2003, 04:34 AM
Depends what you need. I htink 25 databases is a bit excessive really... And I think perhaps I've ben spoiled by the space I get, but paying 14.95/m for 800mb... ehh, well, yes I suppose if you're after those particular features, it's a good package. Mailing lists, a full commerce package... well it has its strengths and weaknesses. :)

You could get a credit card and then keep it hidden. That's what I do with mine, because I only ever use it for web purchases. Everything else is on a debit card. :D

Resistance
February 7th, 2003, 05:03 PM
Well I call featureprice.com and they said that they do take moneyorders..I'm nit sure yet..but I may use featureprice.com

Proximo
February 8th, 2003, 04:22 AM
Ooh. Nifty. :D

moovok
February 8th, 2003, 03:42 PM
I use SupaNames.co.uk

(They do .com as well). They don't need Credit Cards either, I used my switch card there, but they take Solo as well.

Proximo
February 8th, 2003, 04:35 PM
I've always used uk2.net for my domain names.

Vertigo1
February 10th, 2003, 12:35 PM
www.3dfrontier.com/hosting/

*cough* :D