PDA

View Full Version : New Guy Here!

osirisco
February 6th, 2003, 12:32 PM
Just wanted to say hi! Just joined the beaords here and I must say that the quality of the work posted here in phenomenal!! :tos:

General Phoenix
February 6th, 2003, 04:09 PM
Welcome to 3DG!

I remember when I first found this place (or rather, the earlier incarnation of this place) and I started browsing through the artwork - it blew me away. Now it takes a little more to impress me, since I've been hanging around these great artists for so long, but once in a while something still pops up that just leaves me speechless.

I envy you for getting to see it all with new eyes. :)

osirisco
February 6th, 2003, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by General Phoenix
Welcome to 3DG!

I remember when I first found this place (or rather, the earlier incarnation of this place) and I started browsing through the artwork - it blew me away. Now it takes a little more to impress me, since I've been hanging around these great artists for so long, but once in a while something still pops up that just leaves me speechless.

I envy you for getting to see it all with new eyes. :)

THANK YOU! I used to visit this site (or the old one) several times but I don't remember that there was a forum that I could join. But seeing as there is one now, I'm going to try to make as much of it as I can.

Not being an graphics artist myself, all I can really do is marvel at the work that's displayed here. :eek:

Thank you again for your welcome!

:tos:

:emperor:

Thomas P
February 6th, 2003, 08:57 PM
:farmer:
Howdy!

osirisco
February 6th, 2003, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by Thomas P
:farmer:
Howdy!

And to you!

Can I ask whether or not if I can get some CGi work done here? I'm more than willing to pay for it and I would like one done for the ship that my club and I have designed.

I await an answer with baited breath...<G> :tos: :emperor:

moovok
February 7th, 2003, 03:11 PM
Good day to ya jimmy lad :)

Don't know why I thought of doing a scottish hello, but hey, I'm sorta part scottish. Welcome :)

Darrell Lawrence
February 7th, 2003, 03:43 PM
osirisco,

Best bet would be to post schematics/general idea of what you want, then let a few modelers take a crack at it.

Pick the one you like and pay 'em (if they want to be paid, of course. Many do it for hobby). Also name your price to gain interest.

General Phoenix
February 7th, 2003, 09:28 PM
[Dr. Evil]
I will pay... ONE MILLION DOLLARS!
[/Dr. Evil]

That would certainly get some attention. :)

And don't think that a non-CGI guy can't make an impact here - I don't know the first thing about CG work, and I help run this place.

ricktu
February 7th, 2003, 10:31 PM
I don't know the first thing about CG work, and I help run this place.

or rather we let him think he does.. ;) :devil: :cowboy:

Welcome aboard osirisco.. it's a pretty decent bunch of folks here so you should have fun.

Richard.

osirisco
February 8th, 2003, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by Warrior

Best bet would be to post schematics/general idea of what you want, then let a few modelers take a crack at it.

Pick the one you like and pay 'em (if they want to be paid, of course. Many do it for hobby). Also name your price to gain interest.

Ok, that's cool, where would I post it? I have schematics from all sides. Thanks for the advice guys! I really appreciate it!

:tos: :emperor:

General Phoenix
February 8th, 2003, 08:11 PM
My suggestion (since we don't have a specific forum for this sort of thing) would be to post your thread in the 3D Sci-fi Artwork forum, since that's where your target audience will be hanging out.

osirisco
February 8th, 2003, 08:57 PM
My suggestion (since we don't have a specific forum for this sort of thing) would be to post your thread in the 3D Sci-fi Artwork forum, since that's where your target audience will be hanging out.

Done! and thank you again!

BTW, my name is Edgar :)

General Phoenix
February 8th, 2003, 11:42 PM
Edgar, it is. :)

My name is Richard - my friends call me Rick.

(You can call me SIR! Just kidding...)

Chris B
February 10th, 2003, 04:46 AM
welcome to 3dg, edgar. since noone's said it yet: make yourself comfy and feel at home.
:)

Chris B
February 10th, 2003, 04:50 AM
oh, and you may quote me at any time ;)

osirisco
February 13th, 2003, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by XmESs
welcome to 3dg, edgar. since noone's said it yet: make yourself comfy and feel at home.
:)

Everyone's made me feel at home and I really appreciate you guys taking the time to do so. Makes me very glad to have joined these boards.

Thanks everyone!

Edgar