PDA

View Full Version : "Prayer"

Vertigo1
February 16th, 2003, 10:56 PM
HAH! Beat you all! :D

Anywho, discuss!

moovok
February 17th, 2003, 03:18 PM
Wasn't AS good as I'd hoped, but it was okay. I liked how we discovered more about the Peacekeeper's religions, and how Aeryn would do anything to protect her baby, who we officially known is John's, cause I'm sure she hasn't said its definately his, until now.

The conversation with Scorpy and John. "I don't like how you do things" was classic Farscape, definately something good, and its great John knows where Aeryn is, its a shame she'll probably end her life before he gets to her, I do hope not.

Anyway, for UK people, Farscape's new episodes will be shown Monday & Tuesday, starting from Next Week! :)

Mike
February 17th, 2003, 08:55 PM
Frell me dead! What a pace! There's some advantage to the arbitrary scheduling pattern of the BBC ;).

Spiller
February 18th, 2003, 11:44 AM
yes, of course, if you miss one, you're doomed... :(

i actually liked that ep a lot, fantastic acting from claudia black! the beggining and ending scenes with her i thought were quite scary.
plus the sikozu/stark combination was good to watch...

Mike
February 19th, 2003, 07:39 PM
STARK!!!! Damn spoiler! Don't worry, it was my fault for looking :(.

moovok
February 20th, 2003, 11:40 AM
I miss Stark. I did think they were gonna find Stark in this reality, rather than in an alternative reality. That would have been great.

I miss Stark!

Spiller
February 20th, 2003, 11:52 AM
eep, sorry mike, but yeah, your fault :p

i miss stark too, and call me dumb, but i just realised the other day he played one of the agents in the matrix.... :uhdrop: good actor :)

moovok
February 20th, 2003, 01:59 PM
He did? WOW! Did not know that.

Mike
February 20th, 2003, 08:36 PM
D'oh! I read the spoilers. I have no will power!

And yes, I actually recognized the actor in The Matrix before I was told. Granted, I didn't recognize Stark as the agent, but I recognized the agent as Stark ;).

Arrghman
February 20th, 2003, 09:40 PM
I actually didn't believe it when I first heard it, so I went and watched the Matrix and just put my hand over half of the other agent's faces... yup ;)

McC
February 21st, 2003, 02:08 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Damnit. I came in here looking for just general reactions, attempting my utmost to avoid reading anything resembling a spoiler, and still I read a spoiler. Damnit!

Ahhh hell. Well, it still looks like it'll be a good ep. And even though Zhaan's death was spoiled for me (well before I even started watching Scape at all, no less), it still had the same impact it would have otherwise, so...we'll see.

Arrghman
February 21st, 2003, 06:10 PM
More please :eek:

Captain Zefram Mann
February 22nd, 2003, 08:41 AM
Bah! Why do I always fail to have a tape in the machine when the girl is tied up like Aeryn was at the beginning?

Anyway, great ep. John's crisis of concience was a good character moment. He coudn't bring himself to pull the trigger even though he knew they were already dead. Glad to see his obsession hasn't made him too insane... yet.

Guinan
February 22nd, 2003, 10:01 AM
NOOOOO John don't do it!!! Too late, he made pact with the devil, sealed with his own blood! :eek: Anyone else get chills when Scorpy made John taste his blood? We will see the outcome of such a pact later, I'm sure.

Great ep.! This is leading up to a big cliffhanger and we are going to have to wait two frelling years to see the end!!!!! :cry:

Mike
February 22nd, 2003, 10:23 AM
That was an emotionally powerful episode. I almost never 'react' to a TV, but this time I was screaming "don't do it!" with every other Farscape fan around the country.

This was a fantastic Aeryn episode, perhaps the best in the show's run. Claudia Black put every ounce of herself into this performance. Watching her fight her interrogators was a visceral experience, it was genuinely intense and moving. I don't think any of us can understand what a challenge it is to act like that while starring up at the ceiling and laying on a table.

I only hope that Aeryn and John meet up before the end. It's likely we'll never see a resolution and I don't want the cliffhanger to be unbarabe :(.

Mike
February 22nd, 2003, 10:29 AM
I do have a few unresolved question surrounding this episode. Exactly why does PsychoStark know all about "Katrazi" while she is helping to pass the dead over? I need some sort of reasoning for this, it's so 'off-track'.

McC
February 22nd, 2003, 01:02 PM
I didn't get a chance to post my comments last night, as I was...otherwise engaged immediately after the episode :D In any case, WOW. I don't think I've ever said "Oh god no" so many times in one episode before. The only one that might come as close is "Dog With Two Bones," since everything was crappy for John in that episode.

Mike: They explained it in the ep. When Siko/Stark is crossing people over, she can tap into previous beings she's crossed over (and possibly those that are already dead--I'm not sure about that one, though). So the first time, as she was crossing everyone over in preparation to be killed by Crichton before Crais came aboard, she simply happened across a Scarran (or perhaps there was more design to it than that?). John remembered that, so he went back and actually made her seek that Scarran out. Her...him...whatever :)

Arrghman
February 22nd, 2003, 01:12 PM
"Normal" Stark (if you can call him normal ;)) could do something similar too... he once told Zhaan that everytime he crossed someone over, part of that person became part of him.

So I just assumed that SikoStark had the same thing... s/he had once crossed over a Scarren, absorbed a little piece of him but s/he couldn't access it consciously... only when s/he was in the 'crossing people over' trance.

As a side note, I really liked seeing SikoStark again, I think she plays hir really well. I'm also enjoying using creative pronouns :D

McC
February 22nd, 2003, 01:14 PM
You and Peter David :D

Spiller
February 22nd, 2003, 01:46 PM
"i have to love the soul" which means that at some point that Sikozu/Stark person was in love with a scarren... :wtf:

McC
February 22nd, 2003, 02:22 PM
Not in love with, close friend to. Love doesn't mean you're romantically involved with someone. One generally loves their parents, but that doesn't mean they're in love with them.

moovok
February 22nd, 2003, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by Guinan
Great ep.! This is leading up to a big cliffhanger and we are going to have to wait two frelling years to see the end!!!!! :cry:

Two years? HUH?

Proximo
February 22nd, 2003, 04:08 PM
It was interesting, but it left me feeling a little bit empty. This is probably because I know that the end is drawing near... still, despite everything it shows, I just didn't feel drawn in to it the way I'm drawn in to most episodes.

Scorpy is a bastard ain't he? :D

Mike
February 22nd, 2003, 05:55 PM
Ryan, I found the answer to my question on the 2nd viewing. I should know better than to ask questions after the initial viewing. Farscape makes more sense once piece have been layed infront of you rather than one at a time.

Spiller
February 23rd, 2003, 06:38 AM
Originally posted by McC
Not in love with, close friend to. Love doesn't mean you're romantically involved with someone. One generally loves their parents, but that doesn't mean they're in love with them.

of course, i'm sorry :) it just seemed wacky that she would've loved a scarren, but i guess not all scarren's are evil... e.g. the scarren from "fractures". ok then... *walks away happily*

Vertigo1
February 23rd, 2003, 11:34 AM
Aside from Claudia's acting, I wasn't all that impressed with the episode. I guess I was expecting far too much from the episode, and we all know how high expectations are. :)

I give it a 7.

Vertigo1
February 23rd, 2003, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by moovok

Two years? HUH?

Check the spoiler forum for more detail on that.

Mike
February 23rd, 2003, 05:50 PM
Spoiler forum? I never installed a spoiler forum.

Krystal
February 24th, 2003, 04:38 PM
This was a cool episode, I specially enjoy Scorpy and John's interaction. How both of them reacts to things, specially in the other Moya when they were trying to make Sikozu-Stark remember about Katrazi. All the thing about Aeryn's imprisonment was interesting. It was a good episode, I enjoy it. I give it a 9.

Krystal :rose:

McC
February 28th, 2003, 12:27 AM
It's (sorta) Thursday, and that means the voting for last week's episode is complete! This week marked the beginning of the use of the new voting policy, and it seems to have gone off without a hitch. The results for this week's ep are below and can also be found at The Official 3DG FarScape Forums Episode Ratings Guide (http://www.mcc3d.com/farscape)!

"Prayer" maintained the trend in this half of season four of being a very solid episode overall, garnering a 8.30. Number of voters dropped down to 10, closer to the average. The Median and Mode ratings for this episode were 9. The seasonal average to this point has increased to 7.96. The average number of voters for the season remains at 11.

Straight Stats
Overall Avg. Rating: 8.30
Number of Voters: 10
Current Ranking: 7
Season Avg. Rating: 7.96
Season Avg. Voters: 11

Enjoy! :)

Artemis
February 28th, 2003, 10:18 AM
I forgot to vote. :(

Vertigo1
February 28th, 2003, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by Mike
Spoiler forum? I never installed a spoiler forum.

Try reading forum descriptions more often Mike. ;)

Moya's sensors have detected some news and spoilers ahead. Investigate them here!

Mike
March 1st, 2003, 11:44 AM
Oh, you're right. I just consider the forum a news forum, I've never had the opportunity to post spoilers there before. Farscape is a very tight show, there aren't many leaks like on Star Trek. It might have something to do with the isolation in Home Bush Australia.