PDA

View Full Version : "Constellation" Ratings

McC
February 18th, 2003, 05:19 PM
Full details here:

http://www.watchfarscape.com/news/article.php?newsid=245

Ratings were generally pretty low, but it was Valentine's Day, so that sorta makes sense. What's interesting is that FarScape's re-run rating is actually much higher than normal, suggesting to me (and the site) that people tuned in to watch after finishing their V-Day celebrations. 'Scape is also still holding its own against Tracker, which is good news, seeing as how Tracker is the "new series" that sci-fi is presumably putting legitimate advertising work into, whereas Scape is the cancelled series getting only minimal advertisement (I'm just guessing at that -- I don't turn sci-fi on except to watch Scape).

Mike
February 18th, 2003, 05:39 PM
I've actually never seen Tracker advertised. Farscape is advertised nearly as much as Stargate, thanks mostly to their Friday night coupling. Actually, I would say Farscape has been advertised more evenly on the 2nd half of the season then they did on the first half. It was clear that Stargate was their focus last year. But Farscape's advertising is mostly relegate to 'next on Farscape'.

Arrghman
February 18th, 2003, 05:41 PM
I've seen Tracker ads, but not in the past week or two... I wouldn't expect them to trump it up that much, though, because it'll only have a limited run. After all, the only reason SFC bought the rights for it was filler until Tremors was done... come this summer it'll be gone.

Vertigo1
February 18th, 2003, 08:09 PM
I've seen alot of Tracker ads. They mostly air later in the week close to the times when SG-1/Farscape adverts air.

Arrghman
February 18th, 2003, 09:14 PM
As a side note, as someone noted at the SaveFarscape forums.... the ratings for Farscape recently have been.....

1.3 1.0 1.3 1.0 1.3 1.0!

Mike
February 19th, 2003, 07:19 PM
Curious!