PDA

View Full Version : Fetal Attraction

moovok
February 24th, 2003, 12:58 PM
What did you think? I have a few questions:

1) How come Scorpy made a deal with John if Scorpy was getting his information from Harvey in the first place?

2) Is Sukozu a Scarran?

3) Is Chiana and D'Argo back together? I hope so!

I loved this episode!!!1

moovok
February 24th, 2003, 12:59 PM
BTW, BBC Viewers, tomorrow is Part 2.

Mike
February 24th, 2003, 01:58 PM
I should be able to see this tomorrow :D. Don't ask! ;)

moovok
February 24th, 2003, 02:03 PM
Thought I should put spoiler brackets, cause last time, some idiot read some and moaned about reading spoilers :p

Proximo
February 24th, 2003, 02:07 PM
Damn, missed it again. :evil:

Spiller
February 24th, 2003, 02:10 PM
1) Hmm, yeah, that was plain frelled, i think maybe harvey was bluffing, i dunno, he definately wants him to rescue scorpius.

2) I dunno, that was v. interesting! I wanna know more... also, remember in the unrealised realities episode, where Chrichton was a PK Captain, sikozu was some kind of spy...

3) That'd be nice, plus it gives D'argo something to do.

I liked this ep, i gave it an 8, i was kinda destracted, but it was a good show.

moovok
February 25th, 2003, 05:33 PM
I have to admit, the first part was okay, but the second part, that cliffhanger was better!

Mike
February 25th, 2003, 07:28 PM
This was a great episode, although it's a rather familiar 'rescue' episode. While the plot is familiar, the means by which it's executed is not.

The thing that struck me about this episode is that nobody is recognized. I assumed that if you were a Scaran mercenary, you'd be quite familiar with Scorpius and the Moya crew.

We learned some interesting things about Sikouzu, such as her ability to 'heat' things. And we now know that the Kalesh were conquered by Scarans and are now their lap dogs, revealing a possible conflict of interest with Sikouzu. Who knows where her loyalties now lie, she behaved rather suspiciously this time around. I'm speculating that since she took such a strong liking to the 'half-breed' Scorpius, she might be one herself. Her proximity to Scaran society would make that possible.

Noranti's character expanded considerably in this episode. She's developed a very "Zhaan" like sensibility. She felt remorse about causing pain and death. And she became more of a foreground player with this episode. They've really made her character work brilliantly. Unlike Enterprise, Farscape knows how to utilize every ounce of their characters.

And Aeryn, Claudia Black put on another heart-wrenching performance as she battled with her hopes and fears, trying to struggle with the reality of her situation, even when she's rescued and laying in a bed on Moya. This is by far the most powerful and genuine relationship to EVER grace TV. I say that because I'm all knowing! ;)

The resurrection of Harvey is a little baffling, and I couldn’t make out what he was saying. The echo effect, combined with the Dracula accent, made it all but impossible to understand. Ironically, he was more understandable when the coffin was closed ;).

moovok
February 26th, 2003, 10:30 AM
Basically, Harvey's been feeding Scorpy information about wormhole tech. That's what he said. Scorpy knows everything John knows.

Spiller
February 26th, 2003, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by moovok
Basically, Harvey's been feeding Scorpy information about wormhole tech. That's what he said. Scorpy knows everything John knows.

read the spoiler section below only if you've seen 'We're So Screwed Pt.2: Hot to Katratzi' :

ok, if you assume that's true, scorpy knows everything john knows, inc. wormholes then it must be true that scorpius isn't a Scarren spy, otherwise the Scarren's would now have wormhole tech, there'd be no need to deal with john. right?

moovok
February 26th, 2003, 03:14 PM
Actually, I think Harvey was lying, to make John go, because as I said in my spoiler bracket, if Scorpy really knew wormhole tech, why would he make a deal with John?

All, hopefully, will be revealed in the third part and the finalle. Is Harvey basically lying to John, to trap him?

Mike
February 27th, 2003, 08:41 PM
Well, you have to remember exactly what Harvey said. "Scorpy knows everything you know John!". Does John really know how to create wormholes or is he just feeling it? I know he wrote out the Wormhole coding, but he said his understanding faded away before he could actually implement it. It seems like the key to the wormhole is John himself.

McC
February 28th, 2003, 06:05 PM
Damn...that was fun :D My first reaction when I saw Sikozu do the heat thing was, "Oh my god, she's Scarran!" But then I realized, that's probably not true, since she can do the gravity shift and the limb reattach thing, so maybe she's a half-breed, as mentioned. I also liked the resurrection of Harvey! :D Harvey's such a fun character. I'm very much interested in seeing how that plays out.

And Aeryn's back! Yaaaaay! All things being equal, everything would be a-okay now, but of course, John's human sensibilities won't let him leave Scorpius behind, so mayhem will surely ensue. C'est la vie -- C'est la FarScape! :D

And did you see the preview for next week! :eek: Stark is back! Or is he? Weee!

Arrghman
February 28th, 2003, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by McC
Damn...that was fun :D

Fun?? Fun??!? I now officially hate all people who have writen for Farscape ever!

I gave it a 10 :D

Actually, I think I was pratically grinning from ear to ear when Harvey popped up ;) I *knew* that John shouldn't have let Scorpy go anywhere near his head when he was on Moya.

Sikozu I don't think is a half breed, only because... she doesn't look it. Perhaps genetically modified to some end though? My first instinct was to just call her a Scarren spy, but if that was the case she's have made it look like she was helping the crew while actually slowing them down... and she did quite the opposite.

Perhaps Scorpy had something to do with it?

Mike
February 28th, 2003, 06:44 PM
It's great fun watching people speculate on something I already know the answers to ;). Right fellow Brits? Ok, just pretend I'm British for the next few weeks ;).

It's such a relief to have Aeryn and John back together. Farscape has been very 'gloomy' this season and has probably impacted my overall enjoyment. Now I feel recharged now that everyone is a happy family again :D. Of course, this has to happen 2 episodes before the series finale.

Thomas P
February 28th, 2003, 07:11 PM
Hmmm.... Scorpy / John blood oath - some serious DNA, and whatever, transferred there... (important in that it was in the 'previously on Farscape').

Mike
February 28th, 2003, 07:23 PM
Ahhhhhhhhh, very very astute Thomas! I would never have put that together, but it's possible. Farscape tends to be unpredictable so if someone is figuring that out, I wonder if it will come to pass.

Guinan
March 1st, 2003, 10:47 AM
This was another GREAT episode. The writers here know how to make the fans happy! :D

As for Sikouzu, perhaps she is the offspring of a half-breed Scarren... THis might explain how she only posseses the scarren heat trick.

It was esp. nice that Aryen was back on Moya in the second installment, they could have drawn that out longer. I, like my other Americans (EXcluding Mike. of course) will have to wait to see how this unfolds to the final ep. :)

Vertigo1
March 1st, 2003, 11:19 AM
I give it a 10. This is by far the best episode of Season 4 to date.

Plus....HARVEY IS BAAAAACK! :D

Vertigo1
March 1st, 2003, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by moovok
Actually, I think Harvey was lying, to make John go, because as I said in my spoiler bracket, if Scorpy really knew wormhole tech, why would he make a deal with John?

All, hopefully, will be revealed in the third part and the finalle. Is Harvey basically lying to John, to trap him?

Exactly. I think its Scorpy's "fail-safe" kicking in again.

Mike
March 1st, 2003, 11:40 AM
What do you mean Guinan, look at my location! :D

Guinan
March 2nd, 2003, 07:28 AM
:rolleyes:

:laugh:

Mike
March 2nd, 2003, 09:36 PM
While you're here, I just thought I'd mention that I have several family members in Florida right now, two of them are going to Miami :D. My sister is in Orlando on Spring Break. I just told her that it's -9 here and she spent the day at Blizzard Beach, while I shoveled snow. Apparently, it's quite a remarkable experience to transition from the frigid white north to the sunny hot south in a matter of a few hours ;).

Guinan
March 3rd, 2003, 02:52 PM
hehehe
I took my daughter to the zoo yesterday.... It was a record breaking 94 degrees!!

Artemis
March 3rd, 2003, 03:20 PM
Great episode!
Definitely liked the Nosferatu scene at the end.
As for Sikouzu, I think we may find that her species and Scarrens are not as separate as we once thought. Or there is the genetic manipulation by the Scarrens, we know they don't mind experimenting on other species.
Having to go back and rescue Scorpy is a beautiful irony. It is no wonder John is becoming so mentally unstable. The torture the writers put him through... :ax: Poor John, and us.
And Rigel! How he has changed from a selfish, greedy little slug into a caring, forgiving dominar. farscape/rygel.gif

Mike
March 3rd, 2003, 03:21 PM
94 DEGREES!!!????!!!??? SHEISSE!!! It only got that hot maybe two or three times last SUMMER. Actually, our summer was about as hot as Orlando, but we had a few more breaks than they get.

Krystal
March 3rd, 2003, 03:38 PM
I enjoy this episode, so I give it a 10. Specially enjoy Noranti in this one and her scene when she feels sorry with Ryger. It was interesting to see Sikozu heat effect, and one have to wonder what this means. :rolleyes: I also enjoy John's doing some "seducing" with the nurse to get into the freighter and find Aeryn.
It was a great episode, fun, interesting, intriguing and with lots of great moments.

Krystal :)

moovok
March 3rd, 2003, 04:33 PM
I have to agree with Krystal. It's been quite a while to see John in his Peacekeeper mode. I love his accent that he usually puts on as well.

Since every Peacekeeper knows what John looks like, he rarely gets an opportunity to do it, but it was great to see Peacekeeper John back :)

Vertigo1
March 3rd, 2003, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by Artemis
And Rigel! How he has changed from a selfish, greedy little slug into a caring, forgiving dominar. farscape/rygel.gif

It must've been the candy. :D

Arrghman
March 4th, 2003, 05:19 AM
How illegal is this dren!??!? ;)

McC
March 7th, 2003, 06:25 PM
It's past Thursday, and that means the voting for last week's episode is complete! The results for this week's ep are below and can also be found at The Official 3DG FarScape Forums Episode Ratings Guide (http://www.mcc3d.com/farscape)!

"We're So Screwed, Part 1: Fetal Attraction" is officially the highest rated episode for the second half of season four, coming in only 0.18 points behind "Promises," the highest-rated episode on the forums to date. Number of voters remained at 10. The Median for this ep was 9.5 and the Mode was a perfect 10. The seasonal average to this point has increased to 8.03. The average number of voters for the season remains at 11.

Straight Stats
Overall Avg. Rating: 9.40
Number of Voters: 10
Current Ranking: 2
Season Avg. Rating: 8.03
Season Avg. Voters: 11

Enjoy! :)