PDA

View Full Version : We're So Screwed, Part 2: Hot to Katratzi

moovok
February 25th, 2003, 03:38 PM
Caution: For American Viewers who might not want to spoil this episode, I extremely urge you to look away now.

OMG! Stark is back! And the cliffhanger at the end, please tell me this is NOT THE END OF 'SCAPE. Okay, Season 4 came off to a slow start, adding new characters, but I have to agree, its back to classic 'scape. The humour, the endings. Damn Scorpy, I knew there was something up, and I'm glad. I thought he was getting soft, but turning nasty again?

And haven't you noticed, it seems that even when they plan it really good, things ALWAYS go wrong.

Mike
February 25th, 2003, 04:09 PM
I looked away! :D

Anyway, I won't have to wait more than 36 hours to see this episode :D.

moovok
February 25th, 2003, 05:38 PM
http://www.moovok.co.uk/10420-196.jpg

What a place to end it though?

Spiller
February 26th, 2003, 12:34 PM
only two eps left to go, and i still have no clue how they'll end it... *hoping for the best*

sikozu's revelation was very interesting!! Bioloid, resistance, god damn it, that looks interesting, hope they develop it more in the next two...

scorpius... oh i dunno, the writers ahve tricked us too many times to allow me to actually believe he is a spy, i don't think he is though, but maybe i just trust him too much... :p

what someone said somewhere else: "Well it does explain how he knew the passcodes to the Scarren spy division in the last episode..." hmm :\

moovok
February 26th, 2003, 03:11 PM
Passcodes? Did I miss an episode or something? I can't remember Scorpy doing anything with passcodes.

Mike
February 26th, 2003, 04:39 PM
Definitely one of Farscape's best episodes, right up there with "Lambs to the Slaughter". Everything finally lines up in this episode and SOOO much happens. It's not really what happens, but what we learn that makes the episode so pivotal. This is the episode I've been waiting for all season. This really doesn't feel like the end of the series, but the end of a season.

Sikozu's biloid eye-trick was an amazing and shocking effect. Farscape often gives us things that take a second or two to fully grasp, they are so unexpected and rarely 'framed' with dramatic build up. Scorpy's Scaran spy-revelation was also treated in a similar nonchalant fashion. These are big revelations but hardly touted as such. It's really effective actually.

I already knew Stark was going to return so that wasn't unexpected. But the actor's new locks don't quite fit in with my image of Stark. I guess I'll just have to get use to it. The actor must have grown it out for some reason. In any case, Stark's torture of Scorpius elicited an unexpected response from me. I felt bad for Scropius, and quite angry with Stark. But then Stark very vividly reminds us of the torture he went threw at the hands of Scorpius and we finally remember who Scorpius REALLY is. It did a fantastic job of a setting up the BEST CLIFF-HANGER IN FARSCAPE HISTORY!

moovok
February 27th, 2003, 12:24 PM
I just hope the next part leaves it on not so much a story-arc pary cliffhanger, but some type, so we have to wait till the LAST EVER EPISODE to know what really happens to Scape, good OR usually Bad.

Spiller
February 27th, 2003, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by moovok
Passcodes? Did I miss an episode or something? I can't remember Scorpy doing anything with passcodes.

in Pt.1: Fetal Attraction Scorpy goes over to speak to the captain of the freighter, he says something, and gives this code (in Scarren, so i can't quote it), the captain of the freighter says something like "i don't want anything to do with spies." i.e. whatever scorpy said was something to indicate his mission was to do with spies.

Mike
February 27th, 2003, 08:33 PM
The passcode business was kinda odd in that I didn't really understand what he was doing until "Hot to Katrazi", where he reveals he's a spy. And then I put it together and realized he had actually revealed it in "Fetal Attraction" during the passcode encounter. Farscape, apparently even in the British broadcast, is difficult to hear clearly. I think it has a lot to do with the damn "limiters" used to even-out contrasting sounds. I can attenuate my 5.1 Dolby Digital system so I can break down the channels and emphasize the dialogue and de-emphasize the overcompensated ambiant sound. However, since my system isn't hooked up to the Satellite, I can't really hear the episode very well until I record it and get it up to my system. I shan't discuss how these episodes came into my posession, but I was able to hear it correctly on my first viewing since it never actually came through my satellite setup ;).

Arrghman
February 28th, 2003, 08:41 PM
We can pretend I'm British for a week too Mike ;)

There really isn't much I can say besides that I REALLY liked it... and I need time to digest the whole thing!

Oh, but I don't believe Scorpy is a Scarren spy. I think maybe the Scarren emperor think that, but...

Mike
March 1st, 2003, 11:37 AM
I think it's clear that despite the apparent betrayal, Scorpy was trying to protect John in some fashion. We shall see what 'breathing deeply' has to do with Scorpy's plan. Scorpy did strike a deal with minister Akna to hand over Crichton, which is why Akna was keen to hand over Scorpius per Crichton's request. So it appears that Scorpius is fulfilling his end of the bargain.

And look at my location, I am from the UK! ;)

Arrghman
March 2nd, 2003, 09:57 PM
Mmmm, I've been going over this ep in my head a lot, and I'm now absoutely sure that Scorpy is not a Scarren spy, certanly not for the past 10 cycles. If he is, I'm going to be seriously annoyed ;)

Spiller
March 3rd, 2003, 08:58 AM
yes, remember all that stuff about his past, would be a shame if it was all lies.

Mike
March 3rd, 2003, 03:38 PM
Now what has made you so certain Arrghy?

Arrghman
March 3rd, 2003, 06:14 PM
A few things... most importantly, the Scarren's interest in Crichton, who didn't know that John had anything to do with wormholes for a while. In season 2, John encountered two Scarrens... "Fooled" and "Dichotemy"... who were after him only because they knew that Scorpius was after him. One of them even said, "Scorpius seems obsessed with him... we want to know why."

Now, if Scorpy was a Scarren spy all along... why would they bother sending other spies to find out what Scorpy was doing when Scorpy could have just told them?

Not to mention his reactions to Scarrens, like in "Shrink" when he refuted the Scarren BattleBot.

Mike
March 3rd, 2003, 06:54 PM
Ahhh, that does clinch it doesn't it! Your impeccable memory has proven useful once again :D.

moovok
March 4th, 2003, 04:12 AM
How dfo you know he meant 10 cycles previous. Scorpy might have done the deal recently, therefore, it would mean 10 cycles from now.

Therefore, in Season 2, Scorpy might not have been working for the Scarrans, but Season 4, he could be :)

Though I know the answer, I'm not really gonna say which way it is :p

Arrghman
March 4th, 2003, 05:18 AM
I do believe the line was "...I've served you for the past 10 cycles, why would I lie to you now?"

Feh, I wish I could watch 4x21... :(

moovok
March 4th, 2003, 10:10 AM
I'm sure he said "I said I'd serve you for 10 cycles, why would I lie to you now?" but again, I can't be too sure.

McC
March 7th, 2003, 06:20 PM
Wow. :yikes:

That. Episode. ROCKED. Holy crap! Just, damn. Wow.

Mike
March 7th, 2003, 07:04 PM
Yess, it was wasn't it?! :D

Thomas P
March 7th, 2003, 07:57 PM
Yes..Yes..Yes..! Loved the bomb bit with Aeryn :D

Vertigo1
March 7th, 2003, 10:55 PM
I loved the bit with Chiana kneeing that Scarran. :D That even made my mother snicker. :p

Guinan
March 8th, 2003, 08:52 AM
My favorite bit was John and Aryen dancing in the elevator. All that was missing was the elevator music. ;)

WOW! John should have killed Scorpy when he had the chance......
and Sikozu is a bilioid?? :eek:

moovok
March 8th, 2003, 03:45 PM
Can't believe its the last episode in two days for the UK though :(

This was definately one of the best ever episodes in 'Scape, imo. Baring the ending of Season 2, the chip being removed.

Artemis
March 10th, 2003, 09:52 AM
I loved John and Aeryn's interactions in this episode. My favorite line was when John was called crazy and Aeryn said "Yes he is, isn't fun.", I may not have that word for word but hopefully close.
Great episode, unfortunately I believe we are in for a huge cliffhanger.

Guinan
March 10th, 2003, 10:37 AM
I believe she said, "Yes he is. Isn't it fun?" :D

McC
March 10th, 2003, 11:14 AM
I surprised no one mentioned the fact that Aeryn was giving John a blow job in the flowers :D I thought that was hilarious. And then their innuendo remarks when they confronted the Emperor Scarran. :laugh:

Vertigo1
March 10th, 2003, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by Guinan
and Sikozu is a bilioid?? :eek:

She's not a biloid. She did that eye-trick to prove she wasn't one.

McC
March 10th, 2003, 12:08 PM
Ohh, is that what that was? I thought they were confirming to one another that they were bioloids. :wtf:

Spiller
March 10th, 2003, 12:11 PM
i thought that also... plus i'm sure she said "how many other members of the bioloid resistance are there here?"

Arrghman
March 10th, 2003, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by McC
I surprised no one mentioned the fact that Aeryn was giving John a blow job in the flowers :D I thought that was hilarious. And then their innuendo remarks when they confronted the Emperor Scarran. :laugh:

"I got arrested once..."

:D

Guinan
March 10th, 2003, 04:03 PM
I thought they were just having sex, Aryen zips up too.

As for Sikozu, I'm in agreement with McC. I'm sure I heard her mention the Biloid resistance.. This also explains her look of shock when John blasts the Aryen Biloid....

Artemis
March 10th, 2003, 04:30 PM
I also thought Sikozu confirmed she is a bioloid and Aeryn was definely zipping up when she stood up. Aeryn seemed to be enjoying herself during the whole episode.
My "it" disappeared from my quote above. :confused:

Vertigo1
March 12th, 2003, 09:14 PM
How can she be a biloid and do the crap in the trailer for this week's ep? She asked him about the biloid resistance, and did the eye thing to confirm that she was who she said she was.

McC
March 13th, 2003, 04:23 PM
It's Thursday, and that means the voting for last week's episode is complete! The results for this week's ep are below and can also be found at The Official 3DG FarScape Forums Episode Ratings Guide (http://www.mcc3d.com/farscape)!

"We're So Screwed, Part 2: Hot to Katratzi" is officially the highest rated episode ever for season four, beating out "Promises," by 0.09. Nine people voted on this ep. The Median and Mode ratings for this ep were perfect 10s. The seasonal average to this point has increased to 8.12. The average number of voters for the season remains at 11.

Straight Stats
Overall Avg. Rating: 9.67
Number of Voters: 9
Current Ranking: 1
Season Avg. Rating: 8.12
Season Avg. Voters: 11

Enjoy! :)

Lumikko
March 14th, 2003, 12:58 AM
Hey, I haven't gone to bed yet, so it's still Thursday in my book, and I want my vote to count, damn it! :D

That was a terrific episode! One of the best. I was very surprised my "9" was a low vote - I didn't expect that many "10"s.