PDA

View Full Version : UK fans say goodbye to Farscape

Mike
March 9th, 2003, 09:09 PM
In less than 24 hours, UK fans of Farscape will see the very last episode of Farscape, appropriately titled "Bad Timing".

I think this is a great place to recall the beginning of our journey with Farscape. The UK fans are up first, how did you guys discover and fall in love with Farsacape and what are your feelings now?

Proximo
March 10th, 2003, 04:16 AM
Trepidation. Fear. Longing. Anger. That's about it. I can't remember quite how I discovered teh series. i think I caught an episode on Sky and then... well one episode and I was hooked I guess. :D It goes to show how brilliant the writing on Farscape really is... and they killed it. Rargh. Just like Futurama...

Vertigo1
March 10th, 2003, 11:44 AM
When the show started its first run, I didn't even give it a chance. I thought it was stupid as hell, judging it by the trailers and the quick tid-bit I watched from "Mind the Baby" with Chiana stuck in the fluid. I only started watching it when I was bored one night. The show had started from the very beginning, but my first episode was "DNA/Mad Scientist". That was the one episode that got me hooked...and it only took that one! :D

Spiller
March 10th, 2003, 11:51 AM
Yes... there is no punishment painful enough for those frellnicks at Scif-fi....

as for when i first met farscape, i really can't remember, it was way back in season one. "exodus from genesis" or "back and back and back to the future"... not from the begining unfortunately... :(

moovok
March 10th, 2003, 12:13 PM
I started straight away. I had been a fan of Star Trek, due to my family loving it, and Voyager was my favorite. Farscape came on and I thought, "well, I'll watch it", and that's how it usually happens.

Buffy I did the same. Watched the first one and loved it. So, Farscape I watched it and it was soo different from every single Scifi I knew. It was new, it had "aliens" rather than people in prosthetics, and I didn't even go "well, its supposed to be an alien", I somehow believed they were all aliens (baring John of course).

It was a great concept, and I watched it throughout. I wish I didn't have to finish, and I sorta hate the SciFi channel for it, but then again, it was a good cliffhanger, maybe that's the best thing to end it on, a "To Be Continued" sign.

Vertigo1
March 11th, 2003, 02:41 PM
Ironically, thats how Farscape was gonna end until they got picked up for season 2. (Claudia & Ben said so in the commentary for Family Ties.)