PDA

View Full Version : Editing and DVD Burning with Ulead software...

General Phoenix
March 23rd, 2003, 03:26 PM
For the last few months, my father and I have been converting home videos to DVD for friends of ours. We're using Ulead VideoStudio 6.0 to capture and edit video from miniDV tape, then adding chapters, menus, etc. and burning to disc with Ulead DVD Workshop.

So far, all results have been excellent, until we tried capturing from a different source (in one case, S-Video from a DTV receiver - in the other, standard cable TV). In these instances, the clip previewed in Videostudio and DVD Workshop just fine - but the finished DVD played back with extremely distracting video noise and choppiness, especially during scenes with a lot of motion.

Since the first attempts at TV capture had been done as AVI, then converted to MPG upon burning the disc, we tried capturing directly to MPEG-2. Again, the resulting file played back beautifully in both programs, but again, the finished disc had the same damned errors.

I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced the same problem, or might have a suggestion for a different program to try?

Kakaze
March 23rd, 2003, 03:29 PM
Is your DV cam progressive or interlaced?

Anything from a normal video camera will be interlaced and that might be what's causing your problem.