PDA

View Full Version : Farscape OST

Spiller
April 2nd, 2003, 01:16 PM
does anyone have it?
if so... what do you think? and should i get it? hmmmm?

somehow i managed to come into contact with "aeryn's funeral theme" by Guy Cross and Elizabeth Campbell... call me dense but i just noticed the words were the Agnus Dei section of the requiem... :uhdrop:

Mike
April 2nd, 2003, 01:36 PM
OST?

Kakaze
April 2nd, 2003, 02:05 PM
Original sound track.

Artemis
April 2nd, 2003, 03:30 PM
I have it and love it. It doesn't contain Aeryn's funeral theme though, that came after the release. I'm hoping they will release another volume that has music from the later seasons.

Spiller
April 3rd, 2003, 12:57 PM
I think i'd buy one from the later seasons, i hope they release one.
in the mean time... i just may buy the first ost... hmm. indecision...

moovok
April 3rd, 2003, 01:18 PM
I've got the first one. As with Artemis, I hope they release a later season one. Aeryn's death was great music!

Vertigo1
April 3rd, 2003, 02:16 PM
I've yet to see it on the shelves. I've been to every music store in town and they don't carry it. :mad:

Atleast I was finally able to aquire a copy of vol 2.3 the other day. Best Buy has moved them to their very own section now. :)

moovok
April 4th, 2003, 02:25 PM
I got it from the internet : http://www.play.com :D

Mike
April 8th, 2003, 03:21 PM
OH, Yes. I also have the OST. I can't say it's easy listening music, but some of it is quite fascinating and original. I've really only listened to the whole soundtrack twice, I can't really stomach synth music. I believe Farscape's music works much better on the episode than off of it. And quite honestly, Farscape's music often turned into bad sonic wallpaper after the first season. Sometimes it really works, most of the time it just doesn't. I'd really like to see an orchestral score despite the fact that it really isn't 'alien' enough for Farscape.

My latest soundtrack purchase is "Childre of Dune", one of my favorite scores to come along in years. Bryan Singer is a real find and I'm so glad he's working on Star Trek now. If they ever were to make another movie, I'd easily prefer him to Jerry Goldsmith.

Vertigo1
April 8th, 2003, 04:27 PM
Yeah, Goldsmith sucks compared to everyone else now and days. Hans Zimmer blew him away with the Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron score. (listen to the tracks "Run Free" and "Homeland Main Theme" if you don't believe me)

Mike
April 8th, 2003, 04:31 PM
Jerry Goldsmith should have retired, he has really gone down hill in recent years.