PDA

View Full Version : Making the Move

Trek
April 4th, 2003, 04:10 AM
Several websites (Including AICN, E! Online and Dark Horizons) have reported over the last couple of days that SPIKE will be joining the cast of Angel next season!!!

moovok
April 4th, 2003, 02:28 PM
That'll be cool and kinda strange. Angel & Spike.

Then again I haven't seen Season 7 (or the end of Season 6) so I'm not sure how Spike has changed, and what's happened to Angel.

BTW, I don't want to know either :)

Rustedborg
April 7th, 2003, 08:37 AM
As I understand it, Spike (Marsters) has begun talks with the producers to come as a guest star next season on Angel. (If rumors are correct, it's pretty much a done deal.)

As far as I know it won't be a permanent gig ... just a guest starring role like he did in the first season.

Likewise, several other Buffy cast members have begun similar talks with producers ... Giles (likely), Willow (unlikely because of film conflicts in her schedule) and Anya (possibly, but not sure).

thomas7g
April 7th, 2003, 01:55 PM
Well... I'm sure Willow will like to come on as soon as her schedule lets up. Her boyfriend is on the show afterall. :)

Artemis
April 8th, 2003, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by thomas7g
Well... I'm sure Willow will like to come on as soon as her schedule lets up. Her boyfriend is on the show afterall. :)
Actually her husband, they were married sometime this past year.

Hito
April 8th, 2003, 11:13 AM
Primary:
Angel
Principle Wood.
Wes
Willow
Connor

Frequent Guests:
Loren
Giles
Spike
Gunn

moovok
April 9th, 2003, 04:58 AM
Actually, Anthony Head has suggested he would love to appear on Angel. Though negociations for a fifth season are still in the air.

The only two that are interested in doing it are James Marsden (Spike) and Anthony Head (Giles).

Dark Overlord
April 16th, 2003, 05:09 PM
I wish they would dump Connor.

the chip on his shoulder got old after several weeks running.

Dennis
April 22nd, 2003, 07:51 PM
Spike on "Angel" is not such a good idea. They have the choice of hobbling Marsters' character in order not to make Boreanaz/Angel look lame, or writing to Marsters' strengths -- in which case he blows Boreanaz off the screen on his own series.

Of course, from the POV of ratings that's not necessarily a bad thing -- people have just about forgotten that when "Star Trek" ran on NBC all that most tv writers in the fan magazines and the vast majority of fans of the thing wanted to talk about was Mr. Spock. Captain who? ;):D

Dark Overlord
April 26th, 2003, 05:59 PM
If anything Spike would be more deserving of a spin off, not hobbled as a guest.