PDA

View Full Version : Tremors

Mike
April 10th, 2003, 08:59 AM
So, are you watching? Yes, I am. I mentioned in a seperate thread that Sci-Fi fridays is something that I need to end my week with, especially in stressful times. So I most definately am watching, and watching with glee. Tremors has turned out at about what I expected, but more entertaining than I expected. I happen to be a fan of the original movie, I must have seen it a dozen times when I was a young teen. So the series has been great fun for me.

McC
April 10th, 2003, 09:09 AM
As I am actively boycotting SFC, I am decidely not watching it.

Artemis
April 10th, 2003, 09:27 AM
Not interested in watching Tremors. I've gone back to watching John Doe if I'm not busy.

moovok
April 10th, 2003, 12:17 PM
Again, not American.

Artemis
April 10th, 2003, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by moovok
Again, not American.
You may not be able to watch Farscape reruns but at least you don't have to watch personal freedoms subtly wisked away in things like the Partriot Act and all the hard won environmental safeguards thrown out with the 'white house 5 o'clock friday follies'.
Forgive my afternoon rant but it made me feel better.

Vertigo1
April 10th, 2003, 04:14 PM
I watched the first two episodes just to give it a fair shot, and was disappointed immensely. Yeah, the couple of wisecracks by Burt were funny, but the rest....bleh. I'm sticking to SG-1 and the Farscape re-runs from now on.

Mike
April 10th, 2003, 08:28 PM
Sadly, Tremors had much higher ratings than even Stargate ;). I doubt that's sustainable. Stargate doesn't interest me so I skip it nowadays.

Thomas P
April 10th, 2003, 09:23 PM
No... Not watching SFC at all as there is nothing on it worth while for me. Sadly, the only SciFi I see them doing is some rumored movies that would be worth while. I noted that they are going to do The Forever War which would be very interesting to see done. I'd watch these movies but the series stuff including Termors are not what I call Sci-Fi.

Artemis
April 11th, 2003, 12:34 PM
Supposedly they are developing Ursula K. LeGuin's EarthSea series and The Left Hand of Darkness. It's more fantasy than scifi but maybe that means they will do them. :rolleyes:

Mike
April 11th, 2003, 08:34 PM
I just watched Sci-Fi Friday, with the exception of "Cleopatra 2525" :rolleyes:. Still good fun for me! ;)

Arrghman
April 13th, 2003, 12:53 PM
Tremors just holds no interest for me... so nope, not watching it.

I'm not actually boycotting SFC, but right now they just don't have any programming that I'm interested in watching...

Vertigo1
April 13th, 2003, 03:50 PM
Well, I'm boycotting them as soon as SG-1 is through. By that time, I'll have most of the DVDs anyways so it won't matter if the re-runs are on or not.

Guinan
April 13th, 2003, 05:37 PM
I"m not watching Sci FI either.

I'm not boycotting them, I just don't see anything on there I want to watch. :(

Captain Zefram Mann
April 14th, 2003, 02:52 PM
I'm watching it for now, and I see a lot of potential, but it's starting to suffer from the same affliction as Enterprise. Maybe one interesting character, a whole bunch of annoying ones, and all the great potential not being fulfilled.

I'll take a wait and see attitude, but the only thing besides Micheal Gross's over the top character keeping me interested is the hispanic chick in a wet t-shirt (which was half the episode last week, BOOYAH!).

Foo
April 15th, 2003, 02:06 PM
Tremor's series????

you gotta be kidding..

I only just saw Tremors 3 the movie, which premiered on Sky last week, and must admit that was funny, 'specially the Ass Blasters.

Can't wait to get this in the UK.

Krystal
April 17th, 2003, 01:55 PM
No, I'm not seeing it. I have to say that for me personally is not what I want to see. I like the movies but somehow I don't imagine a series about that. I'm not boycotting Scifi, but right now they don't have nothing I like in Fridays except Dead Zone. Are this still Friday? I have missed it. Right now I enjoying more their movies. And as for friday's now is Movie day for me. It definitely will change in June when Stargate SG1 come back. :)