PDA

View Full Version : what kind of planet it this ?

Aeinc
May 31st, 2003, 10:37 PM
Ahh finally got inspired to make the best of myself here something i did had in mind. :drunk:

http://www.alteregoinc.com/JRC/PICS/m.jpg

seanr
June 2nd, 2003, 09:08 AM
Excellent, looks sort of like an ice-covered moon.

phish
June 3rd, 2003, 06:25 AM
Looks like a slightly terraformed Mars, maybe in the first stages...

MorganJ
June 3rd, 2003, 08:14 AM
I agree with both phish & sean. A Dilithium Moon, perhaps?

p.s. Cargile
June 3rd, 2003, 10:24 PM
Ok, ok, what's the texture map? I'm was guessing the moon, but after fooling with my own Mars in Moray with the moon texture, either its not the moon, or I don't have my texture map orientated to match yours. After looking at some pics of the moon I've convinced myself that's not it.

Chris B
June 4th, 2003, 01:06 AM
i would guess it is one of the other moons of our solar system. that ice covered mars moon for example. io?

Proximo
June 4th, 2003, 02:45 AM
Io is a volcanic moon of jupiter. You're probably thinking of ganymede or europa... which are also both junian moons.

Lucas
June 4th, 2003, 06:10 AM
yeah, I would guess one of Jupiter's moons. most likely Europa. it looks like you can see the cracks in the surface. Nice map.

By the way it's Jovian moons, not Junian.

Chris B
June 4th, 2003, 02:34 PM
yeah, europa. i knew one was a lavaball, just not which...

Enlightenment
June 4th, 2003, 03:07 PM
It's not Europa. Europa is covered in scour lines (http://www.mmedia.is/~bjj/map_thumbn/europa_map.jpg).

It appears to be Ganymede after some recoloration and image editing.

Aeinc
June 4th, 2003, 05:12 PM
some of you were right on the money... I use the mars and Pluto maps and mix it up.... kinda make looked like a mars coming to life at early stages... really i was going for A Dilithium Moon or a terraformed Mars

p.s. Cargile
June 4th, 2003, 08:48 PM
I wasn't aware of any hi-res Pluto maps that showed crater features.

Enlightenment
June 4th, 2003, 09:55 PM
Both of the high-res 'Pluto' maps show some degree of cratering. The 'Pluto' map he's using is a recolored Ganymede map and shows Ganymede's features. The JPL/Dave Seal map also shows some cratering.

Naturally the only real Pluto images show no craters as the resolution is extremely low.