PDA

View Full Version : Why oh Why OH WHY?

moovok
November 28th, 2003, 03:36 PM
We do monthly "Best Artist of the Month" things, but do we ever do "Best Artist of the YEAR?"

Just thinking, since it's near the end of 2003 (NOT LONG LEFT TILL XMAS PEEPS!!!)

Not sure if we do, thought I'd suggest it.

General Phoenix
November 29th, 2003, 08:21 PM
Actually, I'd been discussing this with someone a while back. I'm thinking of doing it as a calendar, though. The thirteen best images of the year would be selected, then put to a vote to see which is the cover, and what the order of the rest would be.

The calendar would be sent free to the thirteen winners, and the Cover Artist would also get a seperate prize.

moovok
November 30th, 2003, 10:27 AM
Clearly, the months would be the month's they won. It would be stupid having the October's winner being on the calendar as April :) I think anyway.

General Phoenix
December 1st, 2003, 12:29 AM
Well, it wouldn't be limited to AoM winners - I'd rather take the best images from the year as a whole, provided we can still find active links that old.

Alex
December 2nd, 2003, 12:27 PM
Yes, limiting it to AotM winners wouldn't be toooo favourable- after all there are so many returning champions round here, I think it would be probably something like five or six artists to the calendar.