PDA

View Full Version : Christmas List

moovok
December 14th, 2003, 10:17 AM
What do you want from Santa this year? A new bike? A million pounds? (BE REALISTIC!)

Well, I want a guitar, not one of these plug into an amp and play guitars, I just want a normal wooden guitar to play. I also want a few good DVDs, I would love all the DVDs that I'm ever after, but being realistic of me, I'd prefer a few DVDs, some movies I've seen, a few that I haven't. I'd also like something about Ridley Scott, because I'm such a fan and collect anything of his. Not being greedy, I'll finish my list now.

Sess
December 14th, 2003, 10:42 AM
oh we're not celebrating any christmas around here, because it's my birthday on the 22nd...

I got an 8-pack of DVDs of my favourite Hornblower movies. probably I'll get some more movies and such.
Chris promised me a cool pistol like that in the late 18th century... a replica of cours,e one that doesn't shoot. plus some medieval things and such. anyway. lol.

General Phoenix
December 14th, 2003, 04:38 PM
I just want to have the day off - I've had to work every Christmas and New Year's Eve for the last 5 years.

Working retail sucks sometimes...

December 14th, 2003, 10:38 PM
hehe... i'm taking donations.:lol:

cpu (http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=19-103-379&catalog=343&depa=1)

mobo (http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=13-150-045&catalog=22&manufactory=BROWSE&depa=1)

ram (http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=20-150-564&catalog=147&manufactory=BROWSE&depa=1)

cpu cooler (http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=35-110-007&catalog=62&manufactory=BROWSE&depa=1)

VayVay
December 22nd, 2003, 02:36 PM
My new Xmas rig:

Abit IC7 Max3, Intel 875P
P4 3.0GHz C (800MHz FSB)
2x 256MB Mushkin Level II PC-3200 CL2 (2-2-2-5)
2x 80GB Seagate Barracuda V SATA (RAID 0)
GeForce FX 5700 Ultra (Wish I could afford a 5950 Ultra)

:):):) Merry XMAS :):):)

scaramanga
December 23rd, 2003, 03:47 AM
Wel I got me a 128MB usb stick, don't know if I'll get anything else, don't care really. I've got everything I need right here at home :)

Sess
December 23rd, 2003, 07:20 AM
Hmm. I got for my birthday the 8pack of dvds of hornblower. 3pack of Shtirlets (even mom thinks he's HOT HOT HOT *DROOL*) and matrix revolutions

I bought myself witch boots. Like uhm... black boots, on laces in front, with a very very sharp toe and a very high and very sharp heel :D
( like this: http://store.buychal.com/buyshoes/product/02031110_sm.jpg just with strings on the front)
I also came to the conclusion that my shoe size european is actually 37 in these... usually it's 38... weird. And apparently that's the american size 5? whatever... I thought it was like
"Oh my darling oh my darling oh my darling Clementine
(...)
Though her shoes were number nine"

did she have huge feet or what?

Chris B
December 23rd, 2003, 08:02 AM
what is a shtirlet? and what is hot about "him"?

i've just got the last presentes i needed, wrapped them as nicely as i could, so they are now waiting for their future posessors...

my first present arrived as well :)
3 review-copies of books from Charles River Media - yay!

they came in a box that was hidden in a large mail-bag btw - very santa claus ;) :blush:

Sess
December 23rd, 2003, 08:21 AM
Shtirletz is a guy... a russian spy in nazi germany
http://17.msk.ru/s06.htm
1st photo

Chris B
December 23rd, 2003, 08:32 AM
Øòèðëèö. I see. I tried to make a Shirtlet out of it..a small t-shirt of sorts...didn't really add up to anything senseful ;)

you've told about Øòèðëèö before. Can't say he's very attractive though, but that might well be the photo. he'S a bit old too, isn't it?

Chris B
December 23rd, 2003, 08:34 AM
taking a closer look at him, i must say he looks like Helmut Kohl, our fromer Bundeskanzler in his early ages! Eek!

Sess
December 23rd, 2003, 08:45 AM
LOL well the guy's very old now. but he was sort of attractive when he was younger - then again I thought our queen's husband, when still alive and young, was attractive too. Must be the nose.

Chris B
December 23rd, 2003, 12:01 PM
must be the nationality, Klaus was german :P

Sess
December 23rd, 2003, 03:25 PM
Yes... But Shtirletz is played by Tikhonov. And he's russian. Unless he's got some German ancestry. He doesn't even speak that much german in the series. It's really all very philosophical and psychological. And he's got a cute nose.
(no matter how f***** up this might sound, I kinda dig the uniform too.. Standartenfuhrer SS or something like that)

Anyway there's a couple of cool scenes in there:

(1)
- Do you have kidney aches?
+ No.
- That's too bad. If you had, this herb would have helped you.

(2)
Shtirletz comes in, talks about Kate, talks about some documents, leaves.
Voice: Stirletz on purpose changed the subject to (...) later on. Now, if anyone was to ask X what Shtirletz came for, X will answer: "to talk about (...)" and not tell anyone about Kate.

(I've made the experiment myself several times - it really is true)

(3)
Shtirlets is trying to smuggle Kate across the border, as if she was his wife. The police is looking into their documents, Shtirletz sees that Kate is very nervous and that the policeman sees this, the policeman also sees she's too young to be his wife, he secretly unfastens his manchette buttons, and then makes her close them. She's not nervous anymore because she's concentrating on something and the policeman figures that she must be his wife or she'd not be fastening his manchettes.

(4)
Stirletz, in a discussion with a priest who's been arrested, is bringing forward a very interesting hypothesis.

It's march 1945, it's very obvious the war is nearly over and germany's loosing.
He asks the priest to suppose: Suppose someone comes to the priest, and says, "I want to kill nazi X. I'm going to put a bomb in his house."
Of course, the priest considers nazi X also a very bad man, for torturing and killing many people. But. This nazi X happens to have a wife, and 3 children, daughters, 1 aged 2, i aged 5 and 1 aged 9

Does he let the guy go ahead with it? or does he report him?

interesting eh?

moovok
December 28th, 2003, 05:20 AM
Originally posted by moovok
Well, I want a guitar, not one of these plug into an amp and play guitars, I just want a normal wooden guitar to play. I also want a few good DVDs, I would love all the DVDs that I'm ever after, but being realistic of me, I'd prefer a few DVDs, some movies I've seen, a few that I haven't. I'd also like something about Ridley Scott, because I'm such a fan and collect anything of his. Not being greedy, I'll finish my list now.

Okay, what I really got for Christmas. I got a guitar, like I said, a normal accoustic guitar, with a stand, a bag, some pletrums (picks) and a guitar strap. I got tons of boxershorts, no socks though :( I got a cool chain around my neck, a DVD of Justin Timberlake, a book of Justin Timberlake, no other DVDs. A film cell of Lord of the Rings : Two Towers (though I would have loved a Ridley Scott movie, but hey, can't grumble). Raspberry flavour willy drops (LONG STORY), two snickers bars, a cuddly teddy bear, a new wallet, TONS of chocolate, a dancing hamster that sings a song from Ally McBeal, two books from Roswell High, a figure of C3P0 from Empire Strikes Back, a figure of the Alien Dog from Alien3, a 3D Jigsaw Puzzle, £10 note, a Sponge-Bob Square Pants Keychain, and I think that's it :)

So some things I got from my list, some I didn't, but hey! Can't grumble!

General Phoenix
December 28th, 2003, 09:01 PM
I got some cologne (nice, but it sends an off message if you think about it), a rather poorly-made scarf from my Aunt, and some software: Adobe Photoshop Elements 2.0, the "Call of Duty" game (excellent so far) and the latest PC add-on for "Medal of Honor."

And tomorrow I'm heading out to buy what I was hoping I'd get - a new motherboard and more RAM. :)