Sess
February 10th, 2004, 07:45 AM
on the medieval market with Chris, Jens, and Mythos

http://fotoboek.fok.nl/userpics/66750_Satzvey.jpg
http://fotoboek.fok.nl/userpics/66750_Satzvey.jpg
Shame it's a bit blurry

Kakaze
February 10th, 2004, 02:05 PM
Bah, over in Europe you can actually have authentic mediaeval faires. But over here they look kind of awkward with a Wal-Mart in the background instead of a castle.

Sess
February 10th, 2004, 02:11 PM
That's because America HAS no history ;)

moovok
February 10th, 2004, 03:19 PM
America has history. Patriot! and Gangs of New York and... Coca Cola! :D

Awww... doesn't Sess and Chris look cute :)

Kai
February 10th, 2004, 08:16 PM
'we got tonnes of history, lying about the place, big old castles. They just get in the way.. we drive 'f***ing castle' and have to drive round it...
Cause Disney came over and built EuroDisney, and they built the Disney Castle there... (aside) they better build it a bit bigger, they actually got them here... and they're not made of plastic...'

Eddie Izzard - Dressed to Kill

Kakaze
February 10th, 2004, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by Sess
That's because America HAS no history ;)

Visit Savannah Georgia and tell me that.

Sess
February 12th, 2004, 02:09 AM
the grey thing I'm wearing is my (almost) completed chainmail, btw. not very obvious on the photo of course. :)

on the history-issue: one can say that america does have a history. At least they put a similar amount of wars in a shorter period of time - how is that for history? ;)

Sess
February 12th, 2004, 02:09 AM
damn...why did she not log out...stupid computer sharing :D

Fury_of_a_Seraph
February 12th, 2004, 04:05 AM
just because america is only about 200 years old doesnt mean we dont have history, it would just be in a thinner book.

General Phoenix
February 13th, 2004, 11:24 PM
You know, you guys should really just create a single user for the both of you - "Sess-MeSs" perhaps. :)

Then we could make a running game out of guessing which of you was posting each time.

sess-mess
February 14th, 2004, 08:09 AM
*waves*

moovok
February 14th, 2004, 11:06 AM
That's Sess, Chris would never wave... or is he throwing us off by waving. Hmmm....

Sanguinius
February 14th, 2004, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by Sess
the grey thing I'm wearing is my (almost) completed chainmail, btw. not very obvious on the photo of course. :)

on the history-issue: one can say that america does have a history. At least they put a similar amount of wars in a shorter period of time - how is that for history? ;)

Heh, cool, you into the chainmail thing? I was working on a vest of 6 in 1 made with 14 gauge galvanized steel... pretty heavy duty stuff, bent the handle of my snips about 90 degrees after cutting that stuff for awhile, I need to get some better hardware before I go back at it...

sess-mess
February 14th, 2004, 12:12 PM
i used pre-made, blackend stainless steel rings (about 7000 or 8000 of them): standard western/northern european 4-in-1 (not the italian 4-in-1).

it's really no more than a "muscle shirt", a wide hose with two "strings" attached.
there should be a thread about it here somewhere :)

Sanguinius
February 14th, 2004, 01:03 PM
Ahh, I see... that's a little bit faster than coiling and cutting the rings yourself ^_^

Cool to have though, chainmail is wicked... quite a fasion statement ;)

sess-mess
February 14th, 2004, 01:39 PM
I only wear it on medieval fairs of course - and after 8h legwork my back really aches and moans and wants to get rid ofthe mail ;)

I don't own a drill and thus coulldn't coil myself. But since I heard of some ugly accidents that can happen when the worm uncontrollablz winds itself off the matal bar it was coiled around, I didn't intend to coil myself ;). It' cheaper though, I hear. But also much more work. On a good day of a couple of hours of "knitting" I could do aprox. 750 rings. Dunno if that is much or little, don't have any good comparison. :)

Sanguinius
February 14th, 2004, 03:23 PM
Oh, I never did it with a drill... I used an L-shaped round metal bar with a hole in one end... fed the wire through and then started twisting by hand - it's a terrific way to toughen up your hands and fingers.

Fury_of_a_Seraph
February 14th, 2004, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by Sanguinius
it's a terrific way to toughen up your hands and fingers.

We all know what thats good for :D :roll:

Sanguinius
February 14th, 2004, 06:50 PM
Crushing grip, of course! I practice martial arts, as well as doing a lot of fairly hard stuff like construction - having powerful hands is great, and essential in tougher fields of work.