PDA

View Full Version : Board traffic

Enlightenment
February 28th, 2004, 12:48 PM
Is it just me or has traffic here dropped off drastically since the URL for the main forums page was changed? We had a bit of a revival going for a few weeks but now this place is like a morgue.

moovok
February 28th, 2004, 12:51 PM
I've noticed less people again, but then again, it's like peaks and bounds. More people join, you see the huge difference. Then, once you're used to those people, you think nothing's happening.

But I've noticed that people have gone again.

General Phoenix
February 28th, 2004, 07:06 PM
I don't think that's the issue. If anything, we should have more people stopping in now that first-time visitors see more than just ONE forum at the homepage. :)

Forum traffic is very fickle, so as long as we don't go a whole day with no new posts at all, I'm not going to panic.

Well, not about that, anyway. :D

Sess
February 29th, 2004, 04:25 AM
In the case of 3d gladiators, forum traffic seems to be absent...

Sad thing, exsilium gone, agoraphobia, and a few dozen more boards that I used to be on, they all pass

I must be bringing bad luck ;)

moovok
February 29th, 2004, 03:58 PM
If agoraphobia has gone, can't we start it back up, here. Okay, don't give it too much space, but then it'll get people back on here again (sortof) the people from agora, it's a plus than a minus.

Sess
March 3rd, 2004, 04:16 PM
Moovok, you really never had a discussion with Splat or any of his clique, did you...

Proximo
March 3rd, 2004, 05:12 PM
Actualy, Splat wasa minority on Agora by the time I gave up on the place. It was a sort of polarised, nasty version of the place I used to know... so... :) C'est la guerre.

Sess
March 4th, 2004, 06:31 PM
Well it's not just Splat, it's also the people who were with him, and most important, the changes he brought on in Agora, which went from a fun and happy and silly place to something completely screwed up.

The Sev Board at http://forum.sevspace.com/sevilianboard/ has something of the good atmosphere, though I really think the community Agora once had was better than what the Sevilian board now has.

If you ask me, it all started with that War forum...

Vertigo1
March 6th, 2004, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by General Phoenix
I don't think that's the issue. If anything, we should have more people stopping in now that first-time visitors see more than just ONE forum at the homepage. :)

Forum traffic is very fickle, so as long as we don't go a whole day with no new posts at all, I'm not going to panic.

Well, not about that, anyway. :D

Having a heart attack yet? ;)

Merenzine Gold
November 15th, 2004, 09:34 PM
peekaboo ^^ though I doubt anyone remembers me... sad to see agora go just the same... used to be fun... same with the chatroom

Darrell Lawrence
November 15th, 2004, 11:24 PM
I remember ya... welcome back ;)