PDA

View Full Version : Well, it's, um...different...

Kakaze
March 11th, 2004, 08:09 PM
What's with the new forums?

I'm liking the new colour scheme, but that background image is just...woah.

Not caring much for the new logo either, much prefer the old one.

Also, the forums don't seem to like 800x600, which is what I'm limited to right now until I get my computer back...is this intentional?

Doesn't seem like any of the icons are working either.

General Phoenix
March 11th, 2004, 08:16 PM
By icons, you mean the avatars, right?

You'll need to go into the User Control and reset your avatar - I've moved all of them into the selectable database, so you can find your old one and select it again.

I also do intend to remove the background, but the header image will have to stay until I find time to modify the old one to fit the color scheme. Probably later tonight... :)

Kakaze
March 11th, 2004, 09:53 PM
Not the avatars...emoticons and such. I had my avatar removed and never put one back up.

I see the background is gone...It looked better with the background. It's way too dark now. :sigh:

It works at 800x600 now, though. Yay!

General Phoenix
March 11th, 2004, 10:08 PM
And the emoticons are fixed, too. :D :) :rolleyes:

I want a background of some sort, but I'll take my time and try out a few different ones.

Sess
March 12th, 2004, 01:10 AM
Ughhhh.... :dark2: :bang: :blink: :puke:

But the new emoticons are cute!

Alex
March 12th, 2004, 01:54 AM
Personally, I think the background should be kept black and simple. Makes it a little easier to look at really.

skyhawk223
March 12th, 2004, 06:12 AM
There used to be icons next to the edit and reply in which you could look up the poster's information or send them a PM. Has that been moved somewhere?

skyhawk223
March 12th, 2004, 06:15 AM
Oh, and another thing. Make the forums with new posts stick out more. It was easy in the previous iteration because the icon turned green.

Kai
March 12th, 2004, 07:44 AM
not too bad.. but..
how about putting back the 'view all new posts' function? I miss that already!

Thomas P
March 12th, 2004, 08:02 AM
not too bad.. but..
how about putting back the 'view all new posts' function? I miss that already!

Ditto!

Sess
March 12th, 2004, 09:47 AM
Can't the background be tuned down to at least dark blue? It's really contrasty here, hurts my eyes.

skyhawk223
March 12th, 2004, 11:34 AM
The TOS webpage (www.3dgladiators.net/TOS), while still there, no longer functions as it should. The links all point back to the 3DG homepage. Can we take the opportunity to overhaul/update the TOS webpage? Thomas P, Masao, Scaramanga and I have developed several new meshes since the TOS site was last updated.

moovok
March 12th, 2004, 12:49 PM
I'm not exageratting, but it took me ages just to figure out how to find the Forums (clicking the button on the top).

The logo in the forums are actually for a 1060x's screen, the buttons hide the letters, but you've already stated about the logo being changed.

I like the darker background, but Sess may be right, maybe a lighter dark, darkish blue or something, something's different. Though then again, white may look good. But I like the nice new colours :)

moovok
March 12th, 2004, 12:50 PM
Sorry, had to say it. WOW, click a person's name and a menu comes up, WOW! And my profile, I want to join a group :(

moovok
March 12th, 2004, 12:56 PM
Sorry, third post on the same topic. My Avatar isn't there :( Plus, Smilies should be on the left, feels better that way :cool: And post icons above

You know, I get the feeling General Phoenix is gonna :dark2:

General Phoenix
March 12th, 2004, 03:49 PM
Hey, this is exactly what I need. I don't use all the same features that you guys do, so it's up to you to let me know what you want. :)

Some things, like the smilies being on the wrong side, you might just have to get used to until I find a way to change it. But the forum logo will be resized momentarily, and I'll look for the "All New Posts" function. It's probably just in a different place. I'll also work on the "New Post" icons (and other similar images) to make them more obvious.

As for the user info and PM menu, you have to click on a user's name to access that information. Until I find a way to change it, that is...

General Phoenix
March 12th, 2004, 03:58 PM
Moovok, do you mean that your avatar isn't in the list of avatars? (See my thread in the Announcements forum for details.) If not, feel free to re-upload it.

BTW, the forum logo is fixed. It barely fits at 800 x 600, but it should work.

Kakaze
March 12th, 2004, 04:03 PM
Sorry, had to say it. WOW, click a person's name and a menu comes up, WOW! And my profile, I want to join a group :(

Woah, I didn't even notice the menu! Me rikey rery much!

Ditto on the "all new posts" button. Please please bring it back.

General Phoenix
March 12th, 2004, 04:51 PM
The "All New Posts" link is now back, as a text link under the PM box.

Which reminds me, I need to tweak some text colors, too.

Sess
March 12th, 2004, 05:07 PM
Okay this is better - now tune down the font colour into a blueish instead of a white colour, and it'll be great.

I'm not kidding when I tell you that lower contrast makes your eyes less tired reading - I've been reading so much this year, in all sorts of different books, upon my word.

General Phoenix
March 12th, 2004, 07:10 PM

I've found a way to fix the avatars. It's time consuming, but it works. In the meantime, please don't upload or change any avatars until I'm done. I'll post another reply here as soon as I'm finished. :)

Thanks!

Kakaze
March 12th, 2004, 07:37 PM
We're getting there, slowly but surely.

General Phoenix
March 12th, 2004, 07:43 PM
Okay, I've fixed the avatars that were broken in the Members list. If there's anything else missing, I'm afraid you'll have to re-upload your image.

moovok
March 13th, 2004, 10:53 AM
Point 1) How do you upload your avatar? I had a quick look, might have missed it, but I couldn't see anything that said "UPLOAD"

Point 2) Still, on the main page, there's no major way to get into the forums (unless you figure it out and click the logo at the top). Can't we have a link to "FORUMS" or something, so we can actually get to the forums, and not click a link to a new post?

General Phoenix
March 14th, 2004, 11:38 AM
Okay, I've replaced the "HOME" button on the mainpage with a "FORUMS" button.

To upload an avatar, you need to go to the USER CONTROL, then click on EDIT AVATAR on the left-side menu. In that screen, at the bottom, is the Upload option, with a Browse button.

moovok
March 14th, 2004, 03:23 PM
Okay, I've replaced the "HOME" button on the mainpage with a "FORUMS" button.

Thanks. Sorry for being picky.

To upload an avatar, you need to go to the USER CONTROL, then click on EDIT AVATAR on the left-side menu. In that screen, at the bottom, is the Upload option, with a Browse button.

Done that, but it doesn't upload. Is there still some difficulties or am I being a pain? :D

Kai
March 14th, 2004, 08:33 PM
ok lol
I had my avatar here... it's gone now....

General Phoenix
March 16th, 2004, 08:59 PM
Okay, Moovok, you should be good to go now.

For some reason, the custom avatars were uploading to one directory, but the board was trying to view them from another directory. Wierd, wild stuff... :D

moovok
March 17th, 2004, 12:31 PM
Thanks. I now weebl, I now wobbl. I'm quite pleased :)

General Phoenix
March 17th, 2004, 01:44 PM
Yup, but you don't fall down - and that's what counts. :D

seanr
March 17th, 2004, 01:46 PM
It definately is different. Not bad, but it'll take some getting used to. ;)

BTW, you need to get that white gook off the edges of some of the smilies. :)