PDA

View Full Version : neat VB3 stuff

thomas7g
March 12th, 2004, 01:44 PM
i thought I might say something about some of the new features.

There is a new WYSIWIG editor you can select in your userCP's options. This allows you to just select a word in the middle of a paragraph and click a bold button. Or you can click italic. And instead of getting [tags] you will see the result. Just like MS Word.

Sometimes the font size will start out small. Don't worry, it will look normal sized when you start typing. :D

Also for PMs etc you can now select the user's name. That will produce a pop up menu which will give you some options. Clicking on an avatar sends you to the user's profile page.

thomas7g
March 12th, 2004, 01:46 PM
One thing that is currently missing, and I'm sure it will be fixed soon is the new posts link. That was moved in the program update. And it will require GP to type in the code.

but until he does it:
http://www.3dgladiators.net/forums/search.php?do=getnew
that will give you the day's daily posts.

:D

scaramanga
March 27th, 2004, 05:17 AM
Gowd I wished I could find out where to find other themes, the blue on black one is kinda painfull for my eyes :s

moovok
March 27th, 2004, 10:29 AM
I know a place called Section31.com, they allow users to select different views. Is that a possibility with this?

General Phoenix
March 27th, 2004, 10:58 PM
Perhaps in the near future, we will enable different styles, but there are bandwidth issues to consider. (Remember, with every style comes a completely different set of images, etc.) If I'm going to burn bandwidth, I want to use it for something a bit more vital, like the mesh database or the gallery.

I may, however, create a slightly lighter style that uses the current graphics set, just changing the colors of the tables and backgrounds.

moovok
April 4th, 2004, 05:00 AM
Would be nice to have a lighter version of the forum, different colours and stuff...