PDA

View Full Version : New FILE CENTER is Now Online!

General Phoenix
April 25th, 2004, 01:49 AM
http://www.3dgladiators.net/forums/3dgpimages/filecenter.jpg

If you click on the FILE CENTER button at the top of this page, you'll find yourself in the new and improved 3DG File Center. All the old files are still there, along with a few new ones. Wherever possible, I've placed the files in the names of their original authors, so don't be surprised if the database shows that you've uploaded files, even though you've never been there before. :)

In addition, registered forum users may now upload their own files - after the files are scanned for viruses, they will be made available for download - usually a matter of no more than a few hours. For the moment, the filesize is limited to 2 MB, but the limit will be raised in the next week or so (it requires a setting to be changed in the main server files, which I don't have direct access to.)

In the meantime, if you want to upload a file that is larger than 2 MB, feel free to e-mail it to me at generalphoenix@generalphoenix.com or catch me on ICQ (#84333573) and transfer it to me directly. I'll see that it gets uploaded ASAP. :)

Kakaze
April 25th, 2004, 04:08 PM
I try to click on stuff and it tells me I need to be registered. When I click on register it says "our records show you are registered as Kakaze" yet it still tells me I need to register.

tgg7979
April 25th, 2004, 06:18 PM
Same thing to me, but all u gotta do is login.

Kakaze
April 25th, 2004, 08:51 PM
I'm already logged in.

tgg7979
April 25th, 2004, 11:22 PM
U gotta login at the filecenter thing as well, ur not logged in by default there just becasue u are in the forums.

General Phoenix
April 26th, 2004, 09:56 PM
The gallery works the same way - they all use the same member database, but each of the three sections has a seperate cookie, which is why you have to login seperately. If I read up on it a bit, I might find a way to share the cookie, but until then it's just a minor annoyance.

Luckily, though, the Gallery and File Center don't automatically log you out, so it's just a one time thing.

Kakaze
February 13th, 2005, 01:10 PM
You felt compelled to post that in this thread, which is almost a year old, because?

idiot.