PDA

View Full Version : The Fan Fallout 3 Projects seeks Arts and Graphics Talent

Ghost
June 10th, 2004, 03:55 AM
* This add is placed with permission of General Phoenix *

Hello to the people of the 3D Gladiator forums,

Some of you probably might know about the Fallout games, a series of Computer Role Playing Games (plus one Tactical game) that take place on a Post Nuclear World after the third World War.

For those who do not (which is a shame, they are really good RPG games, and should be cheap now on Ebay), the Fallout games take place on a future Earth that was blasted into a nuclear wasteland by the former Super Powers that were competing with each other for the last resources on Earth.

However groups of humans, some on the surface, others in special bunkers called Vaults managed to survive the nuclear exchange and emerged decades later to rebuild whats left of the world.

However new dangers have appeared in this brave new world, and not all the remains of the past are gone yet

(heh, enough advertising)

A while ago, the official publisher Interplay promised us a part 3 in the series, but later cancelled the project, fired the developers and put their remaining resources in another project.

Much fans such as me were very disappointed by this decision and several petitions were started to make Interplay’s staff reconsider their decision. However it was to no avail, and now that the company is practically bankrup (they haven’t been able to pay their employers or their medical insurances for several months) its doubtful we will ever see a Fallout 3 anytime soon.

Well after several weeks I decided that if there is a Fallout 3 us fans might as well take the initiative, and started the Fan Fallout 3 project. (more info on the ‘No Mutants Allowed’ board, the largest Fallout Community)

I have already gathered a few people who are willing to work on this project but I still need more people to do a serious attempt, especially on the Graphics and Art department.

As I know from earlier visits to this board (when the Star Trek forum was still a part of it) that there are some very talented people that post here. Perhaps some of those would be interested in joining up.

I am especially looking for people with experience on 3Dmax but also people who can assist with making new designs and creatures and converting the first three Fallout games’s material to 3D.

You can contact me under mwiervan@hotmail.com Please mention ‘FFO3 Graphics & Art’ in the message’s title.

Hopefully I will hear from some of you soon.

Marten van Wier

moovok
June 14th, 2004, 12:57 PM
Sorry, never played Fallout 3, and no good at 3D Graphics :)