PDA

View Full Version : Question for today

dfalconet
September 4th, 2004, 06:01 PM
Do they know you are running around loose?

moovok
September 5th, 2004, 12:50 PM
No, the Government doesn't realise how much of a threat I am to national security just yet, and you shouldn't tell them either :)

dfalconet
September 5th, 2004, 02:31 PM
Trust me (he he). I won't tell because we are ALL a threat. We may find out about THEM!

skyhawk223
September 5th, 2004, 05:30 PM
Yes, I know you are running around loose. :)

dfalconet
September 5th, 2004, 05:39 PM
Yes, I know you are running around loose. :)

Apparentlly you are too. Please tell us about it......................Darlene

thomas7g
September 5th, 2004, 08:05 PM
Actually...I'm sitting around loose, not running. :D

-Tom
:D

moovok
September 6th, 2004, 04:20 AM

-Tom

:nonono: I don't know Tom. You just lower the tone of this place. You've just got a one-track mind :P

hehe

Darrell Lawrence
September 6th, 2004, 08:57 AM
Tom, you're not anything loose. I chained you to your PC years ago, remember? :p

*shakes the shackles*

dfalconet
September 6th, 2004, 10:22 AM

-Tom
Maybe you should start running, it sounds like they're coming after you. Let me know if you find a good hiding place.................Darlene

dfalconet
September 6th, 2004, 02:15 PM
Well I'm running around loose now that someone woke me up... I'm grumpy when I get woken up. :dark2:
I feel thoroughly thumped in the head!! Sorry to wake you. (not really). Glad to see you here. Set your alarm and come back soon with other words of wisdom.......................Darlene

skyhawk223
September 7th, 2004, 06:14 AM
Words of wisdom in this place? Nah. We are all too busy rendering, (or at least we should be)...

dfalconet
September 7th, 2004, 12:22 PM
Artistic skill is great, but it's not everything. It's the variety that makes life interesting.

Wouldn't it be boring if EVERYONE was an artist? You would not have anything to contrast with it and there wouldn't be any pleasant surprises waiting around the corner.

................Darlene (climbing down from soapbox)

moovok
September 7th, 2004, 03:46 PM
Actually, it would be nice to be an artist, I'd love to have that talent, instead I write. That's my canvas :)

moovok
September 8th, 2004, 04:36 AM
I was so tempted to shamelessly plug my book, but decided against it.

Well, since he did it:

PAPERBACK WRITER - available from most online bookshops today (including Amazon)
by Mike Rouse-Deane

dfalconet
September 8th, 2004, 11:20 AM
:bonk:

I just typed up a nice big post and lost it all. Crud.

Okay, the long and the short of it:

I agree Darlene; there's nothing that can be all things to all people. I've been writing since I was old enough to pick up a pen (though the legibility of my work vastly improved once I discovered computers), and reading long before that. I wouldn't want it any other way. Just being able to influence someone, with words or imagery or music or whatever, is a wonderful gift.

I also shamelessly plugged the link in my sig, but I don't have the heart to retype the witty remarks I made, so I'll just say: go there, you'll dig it. ;)
I'm glad you are so shameless! I visited you site and had a good time browsing around there. However, I'm :heartbrok that I didn't get to read your "witty remarks".

dfalconet
September 8th, 2004, 11:35 AM
:thumbup: I was so tempted to shamelessly plug my book, but decided against it.

Well, since he did it:

PAPERBACK WRITER - available from most online bookshops today (including Amazon)
by Mike Rouse-Deane
:shock: Wow! Two shameless people in a row.....Am I blessed or what?

Found your book at Amazon and ordered it. It won't be delivered until the end of the month. I was intrigued by the description and look foreward to reading it. There was another book there called "Paperback Writer" but it was more of an instruction book and of course was written by someone else. It was good you mentioned your name.........................Darlene

moovok
September 8th, 2004, 03:55 PM
Wicked, at least one person from this place bought my book from a shameless plug :)

I know there's another book called Paperback Writer. Some people just can't steal my titles it ain't fair, hence I wrote my name, to make sure you got it correct :)

If we ever meet Darlene, I shall sign it for you :)

Plus, visit my moovok.co.uk website and I've just added a RADIO interview I did for the BBC :)

dfalconet
September 8th, 2004, 05:21 PM
Moovoc

What are you doing up at this time of night? Go home. I just left you a message on your very own website.

Pleasant dreams and don't let the bed bugs bite................Darlene

moovok
September 9th, 2004, 01:48 PM
I'm usually awake writing or on the net listening to music scores

Ryoken3D
September 9th, 2004, 08:19 PM
Late nights is where it's at, I'm 10 time more creative if I am awake till 5am, than I am if I wake up at 5am :D

Yep.. they know I'm loose.. I pass a few cops every days on my bike, they never take notice.. Hiding in plain sight..

Ryoken

dfalconet
September 9th, 2004, 10:19 PM
The best way to hide...........Then you can still see your friends........................Darlene

Ryoken3D
September 9th, 2004, 10:39 PM
None of them around here, staying in contact with friends is what MSN Messenger is for...

Ryoken

skyhawk223
September 10th, 2004, 06:24 AM
"This post has been brought to you by Microsoft." :)

dfalconet
September 10th, 2004, 06:33 AM
"This post has been brought to you by Microsoft." :)
Is it really? What's all that about?

skyhawk223
September 10th, 2004, 02:26 PM
I should have said this thread instead of this post. See Ryoken's post.

Ryoken3D
September 10th, 2004, 03:51 PM
Where do you want to go today ? .. No, not there, we don't deal with Sun... No not there, Linux is Evil.. Ooo look an ActiveX Control, lets install it ...

Ryoken

dfalconet
October 8th, 2004, 09:36 AM
NEW QUESTION FOR THE DAY

What you most like to do on a rainy day?

moovok
October 8th, 2004, 11:30 AM
A rainy day, may sound stupid, but I walk. I love the rain, thunder and lightening is my favorite. Just the effect. Somedays, if I'm not in a great mood, I'll stay at home and write, surf, watch DVD movies, but other days, just specific days, I wish for rain and enjoy walking in them, feels nice to have the rain on your skin, beating down... :)

I want it to rain now :D

dfalconet
October 8th, 2004, 02:20 PM
I can remember doing that when I still lived in Oregon. Especially when we would have a warm rain.

It's not the same in this god-forsaken desert. When it does rain (which is much too seldom) it is usually an almost freezing downpour causing flooding problems. On rare occassions we do have a nice non-threatening rain. Then the child comes out again and I can get lost just watching the drops hitting a puddle or listening to their sounds. Ah well...Thank you, Mike..............Darlene

moovok
October 9th, 2004, 02:40 AM
I just answer questions :) Born to do it, hehe :) Though our rain is normally wet and cold :D

Darrell Lawrence
October 9th, 2004, 09:35 AM
NEW QUESTION FOR THE DAY

Sit outside (after rolling up my windows), listen to the storm (thunder and rain hitting roofs), watch the lightning *and* watch as people scramble for cover :D

General Phoenix
October 9th, 2004, 11:04 PM
Actually, I love to drive in the rain. I can't explain it - you'd think it would be more stressful, what with the already-stupid drivers here in Texas who become even worse during the rain, but it always seems to relax me.

I also sleep much better when it's raining - I doubt that combining the two would be a good idea, though. :)

moovok
October 10th, 2004, 04:11 AM
I also sleep much better when it's raining - I doubt that combining the two would be a good idea, though. :)

Rain changes the contents of the air, therefore allowing you a better sleeping pattern therefore allowing you to sleep easier :)

General Phoenix
October 10th, 2004, 10:22 AM
I preferred to think it was magic - thanks for shattering my illusion... ;)

moovok
October 10th, 2004, 03:17 PM
I preferred to think it was magic - thanks for shattering my illusion... ;)

Doesn't effect everyone, so okay I've shattered your illusion, but it also makes you "special" :D

skyhawk223
October 12th, 2004, 05:29 AM
I like to fire up the old 3d app and model something.

dfalconet
October 12th, 2004, 08:49 AM
Is that while you sit in front of a fan trying to get your pants dry? :D

skyhawk223
October 13th, 2004, 05:35 AM
No, that's at work. If I'm at home, I just change clothes. Home is where I do my computer model stuff.

Sean Kennedy
October 13th, 2004, 07:11 PM
NEW QUESTION FOR THE DAY

CGI of course...:smirky: either that or drawing....

Turn on some George Winston and James Taylor CD's and work on art till my wrist hurts.....

I guest drawing would be my favorite though.... :malelovie
http://www.seansgallery.com/cgi-bin/menu.cgi?menu=23
http://www.seansgallery.com/cgi-bin/menu.cgi?menu=16

dfalconet
October 13th, 2004, 09:30 PM
At least some variety :laugh:

Sean Kennedy
October 14th, 2004, 12:40 PM
At least some variety :laugh:

Yeah.... a variety of scantily clad fanatsy women. :cool:

dfalconet
October 14th, 2004, 02:31 PM
Ah, yes, fantasy. Of course scantily clad women are not my cup of tea. Did you ever try a dressed man with out exagerated muscles, etc in a fantasy setting? But that's my fantasy. No-one does anything like that any more. :(

Your images are very good BTW at least the ones I have seen. You do good work!

Sean Kennedy
October 14th, 2004, 03:35 PM
Did you ever try a dressed man with out exagerated muscles, etc in a fantasy setting? No-one does anything like that any more. :(

Try boris and julie.com
http://www.imaginistix.com/
muscular men and women....

Your images are very good BTW at least the ones I have seen. You do good work!

Thanks! :thumbup:

dfalconet
October 14th, 2004, 04:17 PM
Thanks for the link. Some beautiful stuff there. Still too many muscles though. ;)

Sean Kennedy
October 14th, 2004, 08:51 PM
OK how about this?

http://www.michaelwhelan.com/

or this?

http://www.optidigit.com/stevens/

or this?

http://www.spiderwebart.com/default.asp

dfalconet
October 14th, 2004, 11:07 PM
Wow! That was a lot to look at. Thanks for the links...................Darlene

skyhawk223
October 15th, 2004, 05:37 AM
Ah yes. Boris and Julie. They pretty much define that whole segment. They do great work.

Sean Kennedy
October 15th, 2004, 11:54 AM
Wow! That was a lot to look at. Thanks for the links...................Darlene

No problem. I really like thes guy's works.
Stahlberg is on the cutting edge of human CG animation now

Michael Whelan is one of the best illustrative painters of our time

Hildebrandt has gone off on a tangent... He and his brother did all the classic 60's, 70's and 80's Tolkien art.

dfalconet
November 5th, 2004, 09:10 AM
NEW QUESTION!

Are you a morning person or a night person? Please explain.

I'm a morning person mostly. If something doesn't get done before noon, it's not too likely to get done at all. I'm pretty much brain dead by afternoon, but do tend to revive a little by night time.

dfalconet
November 5th, 2004, 09:54 AM
Sean,
I just found a website you might enjoy. Beautiful work by a female vietnamese artist.

www.soanala.com Hope you enjoy it........................Darlene

Sean Kennedy
November 5th, 2004, 10:11 AM
NEW QUESTION!

Are you a morning person or a night person? Please explain.

I'm a morning person mostly. If something doesn't get done before noon, it's not too likely to get done at all. I'm pretty much brain dead by afternoon, but do tend to revive a little by night time.

Night person forced to be a day person...... I have a job that requires me to be up early, but I'd much rather sleep in....I do my best work in the late afternoon an evenings....

moovok
November 5th, 2004, 10:33 AM
You can tell Darlene's back when you have 3 new messages in three different threads, hehe :)

I'm a mid-afternoon person. I enjoy getting up later in the day, around about 10am, and don't go to bed around about 2am. But most of my ideas come at 4am, so I rarely get much sleep :)

Sean Kennedy
November 5th, 2004, 10:36 AM
Sean,
I just found a website you might enjoy. Beautiful work by a female vietnamese artist.

www.soanala.com Hope you enjoy it........................Darlene

Very cool stuff! Thank you!

Darrell Lawrence
November 7th, 2004, 05:56 PM
I'm a night person *trying* to get back to being a day person.

I starve myself of sleep to try and crash at night these days, but end up like a hotdog on a roller cooker...

dfalconet
November 13th, 2004, 11:31 PM
A NEW QUESTION :what:

If you had a day free of obligations, the weather was perfect, and you had whatever resouces you needed (money, transportation, etc.), what would you do with the day?

skyhawk223
November 15th, 2004, 06:31 AM
Go flying.

Darrell Lawrence
November 15th, 2004, 04:31 PM
If I had the resources...

Buy an NFL team, buy a Hollywood Studio, go to Taco Bell or McDonalds... ;)

dfalconet
December 5th, 2004, 08:18 PM
You may have noticed there is no post about December Holidays yet. The question is: Is it worthwhile to continue with the holiday posts or have they passed their time of of interest? I will continue to post them if there is sufficient interest. Need input!!.....................Darlene

moovok
December 6th, 2004, 03:08 PM
Please don't. :) I rarely look at them, sorry :(

Darrell Lawrence
December 6th, 2004, 03:16 PM
Well.. I happen to look at them even if I don't reply to each days events.

I'd say keep them in their own threads though.

General Phoenix
December 6th, 2004, 09:50 PM
Absolutely - post them!

I've been visiting the place when I can, but I have been pretty busy the last few weeks, since it's the Holy Season of Retail. I've racked up plenty of overtime hours the past two checks. :)

Keep 'em coming!