PDA

View Full Version : Origin of NX-01?

Darrell Lawrence
September 12th, 2004, 06:36 AM
Did the true origins of the "Enterprise" NX-01 exist long before anyone thought?

This screen grab was taken from the Star Trek VI DVD (and remember... the concepts take place way before the movie is made, so were these made in the late 80's-1990?)

http://www.firedragon.com/~cfleets/gallery/trek/concept_st6.jpg

Proximo
September 12th, 2004, 12:37 PM
Somehow it's less surprising the more I think about it.

moovok
September 12th, 2004, 03:10 PM
There's tons of conceptual art that they would have done on the films and then, when they needed something for the series, pull it out and use it. I, on occassion, have drawn something, decided against putting it in a story, and used it later.

It turned into first the Akira Class vessel, and then probably as the first Enterprise, being that it was designed for "Space Academy", maybe Berman and Braga saw it and thought "that would be cool, having that tie in somehow" :D

skyhawk223
September 13th, 2004, 06:15 AM
Very interesting. I've never seen that conceptual drawing before. It makes sense, though.

Darrell Lawrence
October 16th, 2004, 09:38 PM
sky, it's on the ST 6 DVD.

skyhawk223
October 18th, 2004, 09:25 AM
I'll have to go back and look. I rarely watch the extras included on DVDs.

Darrell Lawrence
October 18th, 2004, 02:49 PM
...the things you miss by not watching those... :D

dfalconet
October 18th, 2004, 05:08 PM
Skyhawk,
Sometimes they are better than the movie itself, sometimes they're just crap. But you never know until you watch them. You really need to try it..........Have fun and stay well............Darlene

skyhawk223
October 19th, 2004, 05:40 AM
I am of the belief that all the space on a disc should be devoted to the highest quality picture that can be obtained using the technology. Put bonus features on a second disc.