PDA

View Full Version : Can psychics really see the past/future?

waltz1982
September 29th, 2004, 03:42 PM
I'm sure everyone has seen the signs for "$5 Psychic Readings" in their town or while traveling elsewhere. What I wanted to discuss here were your thoughts on using psychics for more than just personal entertainment, more specifically in police and detective work.

There's been documented cases in the past where police haven't been able to solve a crime, at which point they turn to a psychic for help.
What I find the most interesting is when the psychics they hire actually solve the case.

What are your thoughts on this? What about using psychics to help solve some of the current investigations (such as the Peterson or Hacking
trials?)

I'm not an expert myself on the topic, but I've been learning a bit more from a new show on Court TV called Psychic Detectives. It's on Wednesday's at 9:30pm in case you want to watch it too.

skyhawk223
September 30th, 2004, 09:51 AM
I think that these people are very good at detecting details and being able to pull information from things that others overlook.

dfalconet
September 30th, 2004, 10:33 AM
I agree totally. Some people can read very subtle things that get stored away in their minds. Most times even they may not be aware they are doing this. So even to them, it may appear supernatural forces are at work. They probably have some knack of letting their minds float free with the information they have stored, and come to a more accurate interpretation of what happened than "trained" observers who are taught what the "should" expect.

Bottom line: I don't believe in "Psychics".

Darrell Lawrence
September 30th, 2004, 12:40 PM
What was that famous guys name... Edward Case or something like that?

skyhawk223
October 1st, 2004, 05:31 AM
No. Pee Wee Herman.

Kakaze
October 2nd, 2004, 10:29 AM
Edgar Cayce?

Darrell Lawrence
October 2nd, 2004, 12:15 PM
That's the guy, Kakaze. Thanks.

Merenzine Gold
November 15th, 2004, 10:03 PM
I believe in psychics, just not the $5 dollar variety. For instance, I've seen to much evidence for remote viewing to discount it as 'not possible'. That's not sayings its a fact but saying it is a fact that it isn't is also a falisy IMHO.

moovok
November 16th, 2004, 05:16 PM
I'm not sure. I think the people at fairs don't know what they're on about, they take little details, able to pick up things, like Derren Brown, he can pick up things just by your mannerisms, attitude, even the way you talk, and from that he knows what you're like, roughly down to the smallest detail, if he probes you enough.

Tell the future, hmmm....

Darrell Lawrence
November 17th, 2004, 01:45 AM
My fav psychic observation, and they have to ask to be sure they are on the correct track:

*peering into their chrystal ball, they look up at you* "A woman is your mother, correct?"

Red_ufo
November 17th, 2004, 02:15 PM
Those who speak don’t know, those who know don’t speek.

Simple the ones with the loudest voice are the ones that take the credit, while the quiet ones are the ones who make changes that happen.

It is the same with Psychic’s the world over, most are charlatans and couldn’t see the future, even if it was up in neon….cheers

p.s. Cargile
December 31st, 2004, 11:46 PM
I'll say this: The Mind is to Quantum Mechaincs as Electrons are to the Magnetic Field. This is only to show a relationship between Reality and what we Perceive as Reality.