PDA

View Full Version : cg superman/chris reeve?

October 10th, 2004, 10:51 PM
i think i saw it here because i could have sworn it won image of the month a while back... who was it here that did the super-awesome cg image of christopher reeve as superman? i looked around and couldn't find it here. please tell me i'm not going crazy...

anyhow, the reason i asked is that the image (i think it's the same image) is being used on the main page at the drudge report (http://www.drudgereport.com/) - not that i really read any of that crap or anything. ;)

as i've had people use my images before without asking, i was just curious about whether the artist knew or not.

cheers,
#dude

Darrell Lawrence
October 11th, 2004, 01:50 AM
I'll see if I can locate it....

You do know Chris just passed away, right?

Darrell Lawrence
October 11th, 2004, 02:06 AM
This one?

Artist: Daniel Murray ("Arcangel Gabriel")

http://www.3dgladiators.net/aom/02033d/winner.jpg

jmartin
October 11th, 2004, 06:08 AM
jesus #dude, that image was being used as a tribute to a great bloke that has just died .... and your getting your knickers in a twist that it might be being used without the artists knowledge ?????

I'm sorry folks but I find that being anal in the extreme ... hell Warrior used it himself in another thread... shall we lynch him too ? Bloody hell mate I'd be flattered if an image of mine was used in circumstances like this, not pissed off that they didn't spend a week tracking me down to ask me first...

Sorry again, admins/mods but this just really got my goat....

moovok
October 11th, 2004, 03:28 PM
Just calm down though :)

October 11th, 2004, 07:13 PM
hey now, i wasn't getting anything in a twist. it wasn't a tribute, just a "hey, look at us! we broke the story first!" kinda thing. the tone of the drudge headline struck me as a bit cold - "Report: Christopher Reeve is Dead." they seemed to care more about the fact that john kerry had talked about him in the presidential debate on friday than saying anything meaningful about the guy. and because i hadn't even heard anything official about reeve anywhere else until today i was even wondering if it could have been a sick hoax.

anyhow, that is the image i was talking about. like i said, i wasn't positive about the news until i'd heard it today from a more legitimate source. it's very sad news indeed, and i apologize if anyone was offended by the way i brought it up here.

Darrell Lawrence
October 11th, 2004, 10:24 PM
No offense taken, by me at least :)

I did e-mail them to ask them to place credit with the image (like news sites do with photographers and their photos).

Next thing I knew, they removed the image and had only the headline.

Just looking at the headlines on that site, it appears to be a political site more than anything else, so it figures they'd put the political slant on the Reeve passing news...

Sean Kennedy
October 13th, 2004, 07:14 PM
Where were you when you first heard the phrase "You will believe a man can fly...."? He will be sorely missed. :(