PDA

View Full Version : New Trek Film XII?

Merenzine Gold
November 15th, 2004, 09:48 PM
I saw online that a new star trek film is being conceived. sort of prequel to everything but the current series during the romulan wars. anyone heard anything about this? if its true or not especially?

Star Trek XI info link (http://filmforce.ign.com/startrek/articles/529/529522p1.html)

skyhawk223
November 16th, 2004, 05:28 AM
Interesting news. If done correctly, that could provide a lot of story for the Trek universe.

Kai
November 16th, 2004, 07:18 AM
nooooononononononononnooooooo
let it die
stop it
quick bomb paramount!!!!
stop them before they make even more crap!!!!

moovok
November 16th, 2004, 05:14 PM
Been on the cards ever since Nemesis. I doubt it'll happen, it's just one of those ideas. Like a series about Star Trek Academy, it won't get done and if it does, END OF TREK for me anyway

Kai
November 16th, 2004, 07:10 PM
yup and look at nemesis, insurrection, voyager and enterprise.
the last good trek was DS9 and First Contact....

it's time to let the franchise rest. Enterprise is on it's last legs......

Merenzine Gold
November 16th, 2004, 09:30 PM
hmmm. oh well... I actually like the new t.v. series 'Enterprise'. Sure there have been better sci-fi shows but I think its pretty good. The current plot line seems pretty interesting to me too. I also think that a movie regarding the Romulan Wars would be an interesting break. Something new.

Darrell Lawrence
November 17th, 2004, 01:47 AM
Last few eps of Enterprise have been rather good actually.

moovok
November 17th, 2004, 03:16 AM
Enterprise is growing to be good, but having everything prequel like is not right. And the last good film was Nemesis, I don't see why people hated it, I enjoyed it. Battles, Romulans, Cloaking Devices, tons of explosions, a death! I honestly would like to see a DS9 + Voyager (cause I'm a fan of Voyager) film or maybe a film set in the 24th / 25th Century, maybe go one Century further...

Merenzine Gold
November 20th, 2004, 04:28 PM
I liked Nemesis too. I am sure some will cry tears over this but it reminded me a lot of Star Trek II. Though that is not to say it was a copy, just the threat of Data dieing but not really 'dieing'. I personally have a feeling that they are going to ultimately tie data in with Enterprise storyline. Bringing Brent Spiner back in was just an obvious use of foreshadowing; especially with his 'cybernetics' line.

Darrell Lawrence
November 21st, 2004, 03:39 AM
I just noticed the thread title... shouldn't XI come before they even think of a XII? :D

Merenzine Gold
November 21st, 2004, 04:41 PM
lol... yeah I noticed that after I posted it but didn't want to seem to change it... though it changed it on my initial post's subject... just not the threads

Aeinc
December 15th, 2004, 07:51 PM
aw man they cant let it go ??