PDA

View Full Version : leaving

Breea
June 5th, 2005, 06:17 PM
I want to thank all of you but after reading the forums here..I believe i am no way in the same class as all of you..nor will i ever be..I wish all of you the best in your dreams and hope you all reach whatever goals you may set.
Breea

General Phoenix
June 5th, 2005, 09:48 PM
No need to leave, Breea. This is truly one of the best online communities I've ever seen. We've got some great people here, and even if you don't do any kind of CGI work (I'm a writer myself - don't even own a 3D program) you can still be a valued part of the community. I became involved with this place years ago, when we were all posting at a different site, mainly because I just saw some beautiful work and wanted to know who was creating it. Ever since then, I've been fascinated with the patience and discipline required to do this kind of work, but it has also inspired me in my own areas of expertise. So many ideas for stories and screenplays have come from viewing the artwork made by 3DG members over the years. And no matter what kind of creative field you practice in - CGI art, writing, music, etc - it's always nice to be able to speak with other creative people, even if they don't do the same kind of work as you.

I, for one, never would have become the owner (or co-owner) of this site if it weren't for the relationships I forged posting here back in the "old days." As a matter of fact, I never would have even ATTEMPTED to write a screenplay if it wasn't for Darrell. And now, I'm addicted to writing scripts, even just for short films.

Stick around - try out one of the free programs the guys have mentioned and show us what you do with it. Or just join in the discussions - in short, stay in touch with us. You never know where things might lead.

Breea
June 5th, 2005, 11:51 PM
Thank you..I'll give it a try a little longer..I do art work but nothing like you guys...all of mine is done the old fashioned way...learned that way..had an excellent teacher and learned alot from him...Although if you ask warrior..mostly what i do now is writing.
Breea

General Phoenix
June 6th, 2005, 12:09 AM
Nothin' wrong with writing, my friend. :D

And feel free to post some pictures of your work - I'd love to see some non-CG stuff around here once in a while.

Breea
June 6th, 2005, 12:58 AM
Thanks Peter,
Will do if i can figure out how to do it..computer smart i'm not. You might remember my teacher....Norman Rockwell..LOL studied 2 years with him.
Breea

Breea
June 6th, 2005, 01:00 AM
rhanks again everybody..but bed does call..it's 4am here.

moovok
June 6th, 2005, 03:21 AM
I'm a writer, tried 3D I think my best attempt was a pyramid and that was only because it was a simple click and drag, nothing more. Heck, stay, what's the worst that can happen?

gmd3d
June 6th, 2005, 03:56 AM
Hey Breea I would love to see some pencil drawing. Like Thomas7g's characters drawings lets see some of them. If you like pencil work .. and I checked out your teachers web site wow have a look at the art work people

Thomas P
June 6th, 2005, 05:35 AM
Hey, we all started somewhere. I still consider (as others would too :) ) myself a beginner. I still post here and hang it out, so to speak, for others to comment on. It's a great learning tool. I would never have improved had it not been for the folks here that took the time to comment on my work and offer suggestions. Warrior, Fabio, Skyhawk and others are all very objective and supportive individuals that make this site, IMHO, so much better than others I've been to.

Stick around!

skyhawk223
June 6th, 2005, 06:54 AM
Yeah, no need to leave. We have a few great artists here who do traditional work. Cargile is one who comes to mind.

Red_ufo
June 7th, 2005, 07:27 AM
Breea – If you use pencil and paper to draw, try using a Graphics Tablet, from a UK point of view a Graphics Tablet that I recently seen in a shop in the UK was about £30, which roughly translates to about $54. I think still pretty good for the price, look about where you live for good deals, you even might find It a lot cheaper than the one that I found.

A Graphics Tablet can be used with any good Graphics Program like PhotoShop, Paint Shop Pro or even Microsoft Paint. If you use a computer for you student work, so any practical drawing skills you have learned using pencil and paper can easily be utilized with a Graphics Tablet….Cheers

BorgBoy7
June 22nd, 2005, 02:00 AM
They're right, community is about diversity. Talent comes in all shapes and sizes so don't sell yourself short just yet.
I've gone through this with other forums before and the same was always true. The simplest comments or critiques
could be the answer to a complicated problem. Hang in there for a while.

BorgBoy7
Resistance isn't always Futile