PDA

View Full Version : Serenity - making the rounds

Thomas P
June 27th, 2005, 09:12 AM
Anyone have a chance (I know the odds are slim) to get into a Serenity test screening? Here in Memphis they had one last Thursday and a couple of folks were on the radio talking about it.

If you were a fan of the series, they said, you are going to absolutley love the film. For those who have not seen the TV series, again they said, you'll get it and likely have a real good time.

moovok
June 27th, 2005, 12:23 PM
Never seen the series, but I'd like to see the film, see what it's about :)

haslinger
June 29th, 2005, 12:41 PM
I was a bit disappointed in the reviews. I've heard mixed things, thankfully no spoilers. I hear from a friend, who borrowed my copies, that haveing seen the series greatly improved his take on the movie.

Elminster_ZK
September 13th, 2005, 04:45 AM
I've never heard of this. What's Serenity ?

skyhawk223
September 13th, 2005, 08:38 AM
It's a movie based on the short lived "Firefly"sci-fi series. Someone please correct me but it was only on one or two seasons prior to cancellation. The Sci-Fi Channel is now showing reruns Fridays at 7pm.

Elminster_ZK
September 13th, 2005, 11:08 AM
Cool. Friday's at 7, got to remember that. ;)

clownsmighteatme
September 14th, 2005, 09:40 PM
The movie opens this weekend I believe.

TrekCross
September 18th, 2005, 08:10 AM
It was only a One Season show

Darrell Lawrence
December 28th, 2005, 01:22 PM
Anyone up for doing a full review of the DVD for the movie? If so, start a new thread ;)

xian1977
February 24th, 2006, 12:46 PM
Pure and simple if you loved the series the movie will blow you away

xian1977
February 24th, 2006, 12:47 PM
and watching it on Sci-fi channel is nice but buying the dvd pack is really worth it since thier are eps that never aired that really add to the character devlopment

Dan
March 8th, 2006, 11:35 AM
Late to the party, but I had the opportunity to see the second round of screenings back in May. Buddy and I drove out to Vegas after work on a thursday, caught the movie around 10pm, drove back, at work the next morning.
Worth. Every. Minute of endless desert, bumper to bumper traffic and endless black desert on the round trip. Worth slogging through the next day of work. Worth it all.

Movie was a 90 minute seminar on how to shoot a film on the cheap and get every penny on the screen, how to establish 9 (NINE!) characters as seperate and distinct personalities onscreen and give them each something to do (some more than others), AND establish a novel and interesting adversary AND establish a unique scifi universe.

That said, Serenity and Firefly are very different animals. Loved them both for different reason.

Anybody seen that there's a Firefly universe fan-film in production? Dunno if that's a pop-culture achievement or something more cring-worthy...

Dan