PDA

View Full Version : Comission requests?

AslanC
July 31st, 2005, 02:21 PM
Hi there,

I just wanted to check on the protocal here for comission requests (paid). If they are allowed to be made, if there is a format for making them, etc.

If I have strayed onto a taboo topic, please forgive.

skyhawk223
August 1st, 2005, 06:30 AM
Not sure I understand your question. You want to commission someone to do something for you?

AslanC
August 1st, 2005, 09:49 AM
Exactly, for pay.

Not sure if that is allowed to be done on these boards, so I am asking first if I can make that kind of offer or not.

moovok
August 1st, 2005, 03:10 PM
It has been done before, we had a request forum once where people would, but it was always for free. I got my USS Renegade done from XmESs and then Alex Thompson did the texturing for £10 on it, which wasn't bad :)

What would the image/idea be on?

AslanC
August 1st, 2005, 03:51 PM
Well I found a ship (a real pplastic model) designed by a guy and it inspired me for a Star ATrek ship for my RPG campaign. Since this is another man's intellectual property, I would not want to use it outright, and besides which there are changes I would like to make to it (some drastic, others cosmetic). So I see that as me being inspired by his being inspired by Star Trek sort of thing :)

10 pounds eh? I am willing to pay up to about $100 usd for a really good job :)

moovok
August 1st, 2005, 04:33 PM
Well, the main bulk of it was done by a good friend and for free, so I couldn't really argue. But now I'm friends with Alex, so maybe I should get my money back, hehe :) Though he earned it :)

Any drawings / doodles / a picture of it, so people have a rough idea, I'm sure people may snap it up if they know how big, detailed, etc.

Darrell Lawrence
August 1st, 2005, 04:38 PM
As owner, I say yes, offering commisioned work is a-ok.

General Phoenix
August 1st, 2005, 09:44 PM
Yup, it's fine to commission work. I'm actually thinking of having one of our resident modeller/animators do an animated logo for my DVD intros for Phoenix Studios. But that's going to be way off in the future - when we have flying cars, wear barcodes on our necks, and I have some extra cash to offer. :D

AslanC
August 1st, 2005, 11:18 PM
Thanks for the info and the knowledge gang.

Thanks for the green light Warrior. :)

I will compose my comission tomorrow then and see who bites :)