PDA

View Full Version : Modeler(s) wanted for new Star trek fan series

fof-films
March 30th, 2006, 10:06 PM
Hey all, I am working on a new star trek fan series and I am not a modeler, do layout and animations, but have zero skills when it comes to modeling, so I am putting out the call.

I am looking for starships and interiors, the series is called Star Trek Badlands and is set in 2399 (about 15 years after Nemesis)

It follows an elite Delta Unit that works outside of normal starfleet purview, defending the Federation against the deadliest of threats.

I have most of the character design work done (lots of ready made stuff) and some work, but could use some collboration.

I am not sure what I can offer in the way of compensation, but I am willing to try and work something out.

Anyone interested in more info can email me or PM me here, cool, thanks for your time!

Darrell Lawrence
March 30th, 2006, 10:27 PM
Set in the future like that, I take it you're looking for more advanced ships than the Sovereign Class?

fof-films
March 30th, 2006, 10:56 PM
I would like to stay in a similair vein to the Soverign, I think that's a design that would last a few decades (in trek world) - I mean in theory, the final "TNG" episode "All Good Things" flashed forward to roughly the same year, so even if it was only an alternate future, the Galaxy class (with third nacelle) was still around, so...

I am using the USS Magellan mesh that rivers3D designed for the main ship, but it is an experimental ship and not off the line, so federation designs based off current classes (plus using lots of current stuff) as well as new designs for Romulan, Klingon, Cardassian, Gorn, Tholian, Dominion and such. Plus maybe some new ships for new races, depending on how far someone is willing to go.

Thanks so much.

Darrell Lawrence
March 30th, 2006, 11:02 PM
Gimme an idea of what "established" ship classes you might need, and I'll see what I already have.

fof-films
March 30th, 2006, 11:11 PM
I've grabbed most the stuff that's currently available over at http://www.trekmeshes.ch/

so, currently I am at a loss for what we need, mostly looking for some new Klingon design for the "pilot" episode.

Plus a few fed ships, thinking of the Steamrunner, Akira, Soverign and Intredpid style right now.

Thanks.