PDA

View Full Version : Enterprise Warp Drive Glow in LW8

Tiburon1186
May 8th, 2006, 02:38 PM
Anyone know how to apply the glow effects for the warp drive of the enterprise E and the impulse engines? I have been looking through the lighting options in Lightwave 8 but can't find any glow feature. And if I use corona, It gives EVERYTHING a corona. Can anyone help?

gmd3d
May 8th, 2006, 02:57 PM
IS it the standered glow effect you l;ooking for ???

the only one I can think on is when you go to the control bar on either the right or left (user pref)
and you have. "File" ,,,"Edit".." Window" well go into "window" and Then to "Image processing". and you will then finded #"PROCESSING" it there.. if you looking for the glow of animating Sorry can't help /..

Tiburon1186
May 8th, 2006, 03:04 PM
Thanks, that cleared up how to activate glow effects that were already on models (Really helpful, thanks), but now I need to know how to ADD them to the models as well.

gmd3d
May 9th, 2006, 12:29 AM
Go to your Surface Editor in modeler or layout and under the Advanced tab you can set the glow properties..for the surface you decide to add it to .. under the basic tab you can set Luminosity.. but if you want
to have the model keep what ever setting you set .. use the Modeler and save it there ...

but there are more experiance LW users here that can help you far more than I ...

evil_genius_180
May 9th, 2006, 12:55 AM
Beyond Reality is for displaying artwork. I'm moving this to discussions. No biggie, I know you're new. So, discuss away. :D

Tiburon1186
May 9th, 2006, 02:41 AM
I figured it out... Thanks neways.