PDA

View Full Version : Downloads

Beaver
June 19th, 2006, 04:34 PM
Hey everyone,

I just got back into poser and I came over to the best place for ST poster stuff. So I dl-ed a couple things and when I came back for more it seems like they've all disappeared, it says there are none. Maybe it's a cookie error. Who knows?!?

Can anyone help?

Were the dls disabled and I missed the memo?

Thanks

evil_genius_180
June 19th, 2006, 09:14 PM
Are you talking about the dwonloads here? It could be a cookie error. Also, Warrior has the DLs set up where you have to be a member with 5 posts or more to see them. Now, I see you have 10 posts, but there's a glitch in the system right now and some people with less than 10 posts can't see them. You might want to try logging out and logging in again and see if you can access the downloads. :D

Because I'm there right now and they're up and running.

Beaver
June 20th, 2006, 03:31 AM
Thanks for the reply, it took me a few hours, but I managed to pull it off some how... :tos:

evil_genius_180
June 20th, 2006, 09:37 AM
Cool. As long as it's working for you. :D

Acadia
July 18th, 2006, 02:53 PM
I don't see any downloads when I click on "Downloads" either. I've emptied cookies and browser cache and I've even shut down my firewall (I'm behind a router).

pakled
July 18th, 2006, 06:47 PM
Sorry Acadia, I followed you over here, and have the same problem..;) now I hafta make another 9 posts?..sigh..;)

evil_genius_180
July 18th, 2006, 08:16 PM
9 posts? For most people it only takes 5 posts to download, but there's a glitch and a small percentage of members have to have 10 posts.

Acadia
July 18th, 2006, 08:57 PM
I still don't see any downloads. Just a page saying something about no images available, and showing who is logged in.

evil_genius_180
July 18th, 2006, 09:00 PM
Try logging out and logging in again. Make sure your cookies get cleared and restart your browser before you log back in. If that doesn't work, post a couple more times and, hopefully, you'll be there. :)

Acadia
July 18th, 2006, 09:29 PM
Maybe I'm doing something wrong? Is there more than one way to get to the downloads? I'm using the oval Downloads button at the top. I've tried from the main page and from the forums. All I ever get is a page that says there are no new images and shows who's logged in.

Acadia
July 18th, 2006, 09:33 PM
I tried again using Internet Explorer and turning my firewall off. I've cleared cookies and cache and restarted my browser, but still only see that same page telling me "no new images".

evil_genius_180
July 18th, 2006, 09:33 PM
No, that's the only way to get to the downloads. (except that long, shiny pole, but only moderators and admins have access to that :evil: ) Did you log out and back in and do that hokey-pokey of which I spoke?

Acadia
July 18th, 2006, 10:09 PM
Did you log out and back in and do that hokey-pokey of which I spoke?

Yes, and I still don't see any downloads, LOL

Maybe it's my user name and the site doesn't like it? :frown:

Acadia
July 18th, 2006, 10:14 PM
This is an online version of "Candid Camera", right? Someone is going to jump out any second and yell "GOTTCHA!!!!!" LOL

evil_genius_180
July 18th, 2006, 10:17 PM
I don't know. I came here a few months ago, got my 5 posts, and downloaded a file. I don't know what the issue is. You said you tried again using IE. *shudders* What browser do you normally use?

Acadia
July 18th, 2006, 10:27 PM
I don't know. I came here a few months ago, got my 5 posts, and downloaded a file. I don't know what the issue is. You said you tried again using IE. *shudders* What browser do you normally use?

I use Mozilla-Firefox version 1.5.0.4.

I've done a spyware scan. I've shut down my firewall. I've tried 2 different browsers (IE 6 and Mozilla-Firefox). I've logged out and back in several times. I've deleted browser cache and cookies (several times). I've rebooted. I've checked my computer clock for the time and date (both are correct), and I'm almost at 4 times the requirement and still can't see the downloads.

Can a site admin look into my problem?

evil_genius_180
July 18th, 2006, 10:33 PM
That's nutty. I use Firefox 1.5.0.4 also and I've never had an issue here. I think I had to get 10 posts over at colonialfleets (same system) but not as many as you have. Unfortunately, I'm just a moderator, otherwise I'd look into it myself. Lamentably, my powers do not extend past the forums. Hopefully one of the admins will log on soon and check it out.

Acadia
July 18th, 2006, 10:53 PM
That's nutty. I use Firefox 1.5.0.4 also and I've never had an issue here. I think I had to get 10 posts over at colonialfleets (same system) but not as many as you have. Unfortunately, I'm just a moderator, otherwise I'd look into it myself. Lamentably, my powers do not extend past the forums. Hopefully one of the admins will log on soon and check it out.

Yes, very frustrating.

Anyway, hopefully an admin can do something backstage, because I think I'm at 4 times the requirement and still can't see anything to download on that page.

Acadia
July 19th, 2006, 04:32 AM
*sigh*

I tried to sent a PM to Warrior but his PM box is over flowing and won't accept anymore. So I sent an email instead. Hopefully he can do something backstage to fix it. There must be some kind of glitch.

Someone at Renderosity suggested a cookie problem. But when I look I have cookies. I log out and the cookies here are deleted, and I go back to my browser options and delete cookies again anyway just to make sure.

I can get around the site no problem. Login and out no problem. It's just the download area that has been affected.

I'm very frustrated :(

evil_genius_180
July 19th, 2006, 09:35 AM
Can you see the pics in the gallery? And, can you post attachments? Because those both have the 5-post rule, also.

Acadia
July 19th, 2006, 10:11 AM
Yes, I see the pics in the gallery. When I click on the oval "Gallery" icon at the top, I go to a page and see 3 thumbnails for the 3 new images. Two are by you ("Sword of Fallen" and "Lightsabre Display") and the other is called "Out of Gas"

As for posting attachments, I don't know how to do that here, and if it involves linking to my own site, I can't do that here either without adjusting my htaccess file to give permission and I don't have time to do that just now as I have to shower and leave for the doctor.

evil_genius_180
July 19th, 2006, 10:18 AM
There's a little box at the bottom of this (and any forum) page that says Posting rules. It should read something like this:

You may post new threads
you may post replies
You may post attachments
You may edit your posts

The line about attachments is the important one. Either it will say may or may not.

Acadia
July 19th, 2006, 10:21 AM
In the posting rules it says:

you may post new threads
you may post replies
you may post attachments
You may edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is OFF

Acadia
July 19th, 2006, 10:22 AM
This is what I see when I click the oval download link at the top. I get sent to this page:

http://img115.imageshack.us/img115/5821/whatiseebd6.jpg

evil_genius_180
July 19th, 2006, 10:38 AM
You should've posted that this morning. I think I actually can help you. On the part I have circled on my attachment, you can see this:

logged in as evil_genius_180
log out

On yours, it doesn't have your membername, it just reads:

log out.

You need to go to that screen. Log out on that page by clicking on that. Then do the cookiee thing and log in again when it redirects you. That should clear up the problem. I know, because I too have had this issue once or twice.

Once you're logged back in, go to the downloads and, if it shows your membername, you should see the downloads. (hopefully)

Acadia
July 19th, 2006, 10:54 AM
I have done that more than a few times already, and now just again. Everytime I see "log out", I click it and try logging in again. Nothing is helping me.

When I log out using the "log out' that you see in the image, I get an error window saying that an "error occurred while attempting to log you out. Click here to log out". I click the word "here" and get another window that tells me the cookies have been cleared and to either return to the previous page I was viewing or go to the forums.

When I log out using the "log out" link at the top of this page below the oval gallery icon, I get a window that tells me that my cookies are cleared and to either return to the previous page I was viewing or go to the forums.

Anyway, I have to run and shower and leave for the doctor. I'll be back later to check for further help.

evil_genius_180
July 19th, 2006, 11:15 AM
This is freakin' nutty!! I too have things to do, but we'll try to figure this crap out later. :phaser:downloads

Kai
July 19th, 2006, 11:44 AM
when you log out.. do you then shut your browser down then reopen it? (just a thought)...

Acadia
July 19th, 2006, 02:58 PM
when you log out.. do you then shut your browser down then reopen it? (just a thought)...

Trying to figure this out I have been logging out using the "logout" link below the oval gallery icon. I then click "Downloads" and use that "logout" that is showing in the screenshot above.

I clear my cookies just in case they are left behind, and I clear my browser cache.

I have closed my browser and rebooted and came back.

I still can't see anything but what is in the image I posted.

Kai
July 19th, 2006, 03:00 PM
'k... what browser are you using?

Acadia
July 19th, 2006, 05:09 PM
Everything I've tried to do is posted in this thread.

I'm using Mozilla-Firefox 5.1.04. I've also tried IE 6.

I've turned may firewall off and sat behind my router.

I connected directly to my DSL and left my firewall up and gave the site permission in my firewall options.

I've logged out of the site in 2 different places (link below oval gallery icon. And in the spot showin in the screenshot above)

I've deleted cookies and cache a number of times.

I've closed my browser and reopened it.

I've rebooted a number of times.

I've turned off my ad blocker.

I've checked my computer clock to make sure the date and time are correct.

I'm sure I tried other things but off the top of my head I can't remember. My head is feeling kind of fuzzy from pain meds right now.

Apparently 2 other functions that require a minimum of 5 posts are the ability to view the gallery and post attachments in the forums. Both of which I can do.

My problem is solely with the downloads area. I have more than 30 posts and I still don't see anything other than what I see in that screenshot above.

Someone at Renderosity suggested I write to Warrior and ask him for help. I sent an email and haven't heard anything back from him at all and his PM box is filled so I can't send a PM here. I even left a post directed to him and he hasn't replied yet.

I'm about ready to give up :(

pakled
July 19th, 2006, 07:50 PM
hmm..Acadia, I'm in the same boat, but...
last night I could see the downloads (mainly Lightwave and 3dmax meshes), but tonight
bupkis, nada, nichevaw, rien, etc
I'm using Firefox.

Acadia
July 20th, 2006, 04:35 AM
OMG!!!!! Wheeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!! Finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can see them!!!!

I clicked on the download icon and got to the page and there were pictures!!!!!

Also where it showed only "log out" in the screenshot I posted, it now has "logged in: Acadia".

I'm not sure what happened to allow me to see them today but not before; whether it was something fixed behind the scenes or an ISP cache problem on the part of my ISP, but I'm thrilled!!!

*limps off happily to look around*

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

xantor
July 20th, 2006, 06:49 AM
It is not working for me now, either. :rolleyes:

xantor
July 20th, 2006, 07:04 AM
Now the downloads are working for me again, after leaving the site five or six times. :wtf:

Acadia
July 20th, 2006, 09:00 AM
It sounds like it is site related; a glitch of some kind. We can't all be having ISP cache issues (if that is what my problem was)

evil_genius_180
July 20th, 2006, 09:53 AM
Yes, there is a glitch in the downloads area. We've known about it for a while, but I haven't heard of anyone having this much problem. Usually, it works for new members with 5 posts, 10 at the most, but this is ridiculous. I mean, Acadia has almost 7 times the required posts.

joelglaine
July 20th, 2006, 02:15 PM
Since five posts, it has worked about 40% of the time, but only at the download page. Man--what an exercise to download a mesh! Oy! :rolleyes: I hope it get addressed soon.

Acadia
July 20th, 2006, 03:47 PM
Well, I only managed to get to the download area once, now I'm back to seeing the page that I show in the screenshot above.

root
July 20th, 2006, 05:11 PM
I am new here too - and this is a little confusing. . . But this seems to be a wonderful site. I Like the layout.

Acadia
July 20th, 2006, 05:35 PM
I am new here too - and this is a little confusing. . . But this seems to be a wonderful site. I Like the layout.

Just keep posting until when you click the oval download icon at the top of the page, you can see images at the page you arrive at. Once you can see images on that page, under "Catatories" you will find the downloads.

After 5 posts, do the following if you can't see the images when you click the download icon.

1. Click "Log Out" that is below the oval gallery icon.
2. Click the oval download icon and then click "Log Out" on that page.
3. Click a link in your bookmarks to leave the site
4. Clear the cookies for 3d gladiators from your browser
5. Return to the site and login.

Hopefully you will see the images in the download area. If not and you get a page that looks like the image I have posted earlier, that means you can't see the downloads. Keep posting and repeat steps 1 to 5.

It took me 33 posts in order to finally see the downloads. Not sure why it took so many. I can see them again after I did steps 1 to 5 above.

This is a really great site and the models are top quality. It's also one of the few sites where you can get Star Trek items, especially the uniforms. Plus as I discovered, the people are really nice :) I've added the forum to my forums bookmarks and will be a motor mouth here too provided there are threads that I can relate too. I'm not really into the whole sci-fi genre save for Star Trek (except Enterprise, I didn't like that one at all), but maybe I can spark some interest in the writing forum. I love to write... but I don't write sci-fi. My writing is more along the lines of Tolkien style or so I've been told. I hadn't even heard of him when someone told me that. I've now read the LoTR books and I can sort of see a similar style, but he's much more wordy than I am, hehe

evil_genius_180
July 20th, 2006, 09:30 PM
Dude, am I one of the select few who actually likes Enterprise? Granted, it did a lot of things that didn't mesh with TOS, but it was a lot of fun. I was actually sad to see it go. I wanted to see the Romulan Wars...

Acadia
July 21st, 2006, 12:03 AM
Dude, am I one of the select few who actually likes Enterprise?

I watched 2 or 3 episodes and just couldn't get into it. I think it was the guy who was playing the captain that I didn't much care for. It seemed like a miscast role.

Of course I didn't much care for "Deep Space Nine" either, but I did watch it when I remembered to tune in.

I liked TOS, TNG and Voyager.

joelglaine
July 21st, 2006, 03:56 AM
At first, I hated Captain Archer with a passion, but I loved the guy who played Tripp. As time went on and they actually remembered they were in the Star Trek universe, the stories got better. I warmed to Archer over time.

I still hate the theme song with an abidiing passion.

Of course when they did the whole Mirror/mirror universe episode, with full orchestral score, I choked on my pot-roast! LOL :biggrin:

Figures it started to kick butt story wise, so they killed it. :rolleyes:

Acadia
July 21st, 2006, 04:46 AM
You hit something there. I didn't get the feel of "Star Trek" when I watched it. It just seemed like a Sci Fi show with nothing special about it. So I tuned out and stayed out.

jwiest
July 21st, 2006, 10:44 AM
Thanks for that instruction list on how to do it Acadia. New here, so I've got a few more posts to go before I can try it, but it's good to have that for future reference. :)

I loved all the ST series'...I just couldn't watch most of the later ones 'cause at first I didn't have cable and got lousy reception on the channels that carried them and then later once I had kids the shows started right as we were trying to get them down for bed. Just didn't feel like watching the last 30-40 minutes of the show and trying to figure out what I'd missed. Someday when I hit the lotto I'll buy 'em all on DVD and have fun catching up.

evil_genius_180
July 21st, 2006, 11:07 AM
TOS rules!! It's by far the best, with the plastic models, cheap special effects and props that made appearances regularly on any planet. Then there were the costumes. :D You can put T'Pol in any skin-tight thing you want, but she never looked better than she did in In a Mirror, Darkly Part 2, where she had the blue TOS miniskirt on. Plus, the characters in TOS are timeless.

And, second in the running is TNG. That one was well-thought and had a lot of great episodes. Plus, they didn't turn it into the futuristic soap opera that the other series were. The stories were awesome, the characters were great and the special effects kicked ass.

DS9 and Enterprise tie for third, in my book. While some of the DS9 episodes were dumb, the characters were great. I liked the way Sisko was more of a "hands on" captain than Picard. You could say or do about anything to Picard and he'd still find a peaceful solution. But, if you crossed Sisko, your ass was toast. :D Plus, the Dominion Wars made up for any bad episodes (like the wedding one with Worf and Jadzia, that was stupid) and the episodes centering around Quark, Rom and Nog were always good for a laugh.

Enterprise was good, I liked the early days of Starfleet. I thought Scott Bakula did a great job playing Archer and Conner Trinneer did a great job playing Trip and John Billingsley was awesome as the doctor. Plus, Anthony Montgomery was cool as the helmsman (can't spell his character's name.) And Jolene Blalock and Linda Park are just hot and were good characters too. Dominic Keating as Reed took a little longer for me to warm up to than any of the other characters, but I don't know why. I liked the job Jolene did playing the Vulcan whose emotions were a little closer to the surface. Plus, they did some great things like explain why the Klingons looked like humans in TOS.

Voyager is the series I'm least familiar with. I only caught parts of it because where I lived then (and now) UPN is a cable station and I don't waste my money on cable. I had the fortune of living a Ft Bragg while Enterprise was on, and UPN is a local station there. Plus, Enterprise is in syndication now, somthing they haven't done with Voyager. I did see a lot of the episodes with the Borg and thought they turned the Borg into wussies. They had 20 cubes going after one ship that's a little larger than a Connie and couldn't take it out/assimilate it. Yet, they decimated 40 ships in TNG and a whole lot in FC. I did like what I got to see of Voyager, as far as the characters and stories, but I didn't get to see enough, so it's last in my book.

axeglad
January 27th, 2007, 08:13 PM
posting test im new =) and cant download

ddogstar
March 10th, 2007, 03:32 PM
New to all of this and looking for meshes and scripts (all legal only) to do a poser animation.

gmd3d
March 10th, 2007, 03:56 PM
cool looking forward to see the animations . and welcome ddogstar :)

Chupacabra555
December 29th, 2007, 06:46 AM
Well, I hate posting just to post, so here is post #1:laugh:

I'll search the forum to see if there is anything of consequence to add later :)

Darrell Lawrence
December 29th, 2007, 10:39 AM
Well, I hate posting just to post, so here is post #1:laugh:

I'll search the forum to see if there is anything of consequence to add later :) http://www.3dgladiators.net/forums/showthread.php?t=22387

robin123
January 12th, 2008, 01:27 AM
I do not see the link at all

Lee
January 13th, 2008, 06:37 AM
Please see Post above you...

jaguarry3
March 13th, 2008, 02:01 PM
Stilll drives me nuts

Darrell Lawrence
March 13th, 2008, 06:05 PM
Because you haven't reached "5" yet.

jaguarry3
March 13th, 2008, 09:28 PM
Do you need 5 or 10 posts to see downloads

Darrell Lawrence
March 13th, 2008, 09:38 PM
Like I said above: 5.

evil_genius_180
March 14th, 2008, 09:33 AM
I think that question was just an excuse to get his 5th post. :tongue2:

pakled
March 14th, 2008, 09:10 PM
land sakes; it's the thread that would not die...;)
I'll keep my eyes open...

Cryptie
March 16th, 2008, 10:06 PM
Whoa, this place has changed.

Yikes.

evil_genius_180
March 17th, 2008, 09:46 AM
land sakes; it's the thread that would not die...;)

Yeah, that happens. Old threads don't die here. They just sit and wait (sometimes many years) for someone new to come along and necro post. :tongue:

Darrell Lawrence
November 1st, 2012, 12:00 AM
Yeah, that happens. Old threads don't die here. They just sit and wait (sometimes many years) for someone new to come along and necro post. :tongue:...like this.

:lol:

herby3d
October 12th, 2013, 09:35 AM
Do you need 5 or 10 posts to see downloads

ok!!