PDA

View Full Version : How does one Upload an image?

the3dgm
July 14th, 2006, 04:40 PM
Thanks to the fine folks at 3D Gladiators, namely nyrath, I was able to find a model that I'd been looking for , it seems like forever! Serenity!!!

After running the model through a conversion program I was able to get an acceptable render done in trueSpace 5 and wanted to share it here. However, your upload button is grayed out :wtf:

Are you not taking images anymore?

Darrin (the 3DGM)

evil_genius_180
July 14th, 2006, 07:33 PM
Moved to discussions. :D

You need 5 posts in the forums to upload or download either pics or meshes. You've got 3 now, so you need a couple more and you'll be good to go. If it's still grayed, post a few more times and then try uploading again. There is a slight glitch in the system.

:storm:

the3dgm
July 14th, 2006, 10:02 PM
OK, thanks for the information, this is four! I like this site so I'll just do it right and look for a fourm discussion to get involved in. Not a super modeler, or much of anything else for that matter, but I'll try to get involved as much as I can. Thanks again!!!

evil_genius_180
July 15th, 2006, 08:03 AM
That's what I'm here for. :D

As for being or not being a super modeler, we don't care. Everyone's all right in my book, because I'm not a super modeler either. So, feel free to join in on anything. Or you could even start a conversation of you own, if nothing that's there already appeals to you. :alien:

the3dgm
July 15th, 2006, 03:38 PM
LOL. . .well, you've never seen my modeling skills, or lack there of! :)

Hmmm. . .I suppose this would rate as number 5, but I'm off to the fourms to look for trouble now anyway!!!

Thanks for the kind welcome evil_genius_180!!! :biggrin:

evil_genius_180
July 15th, 2006, 08:27 PM
No problem. I can always use another so-so modeler to make me look good. :lol:

J/K Welcome. I hope you stick around and I'd like to see some of your work. Once you get your gallery image up, you should start a thread for it in the forums so people can give you feedback.

the3dgm
July 15th, 2006, 09:01 PM
Submitted the Serenity render, just awaiting approval. . .I hope, I hope. . .

This is the site that requires credits on the image. . .correct, I try to give credit where it's do (just usually don't put it on the image), but, that's fine with me!

You want to see my modeling skills, your a brave man!!!!!!!!!

evil_genius_180
July 16th, 2006, 10:11 AM
Yeah, hopefully Warrior will get online soon and approve that image so we can see it. I'm not sure where he's been lately. And, of course I want to see your modeling skills!! I know that the people here and at scifi-meshes have helped me improve mine, so you might as well try to get some advice too. They're a good and knowledgable (I probably spelled that wrong :tongue: ) bunch.

the3dgm
July 16th, 2006, 12:45 PM
Your right, you misspelled it! Here's a tip if you don't say anything they will think it's a typo!! That's always my excuse :^O

I've been a member at Sci-Fi Meshes for a long time, when they're not rebuilding or crashing or being attacked by criminals, space aliens, whomever. One of the reasons I was trying to build Serenity was they used to have a Firefly section, with nothing in it, now it's gone!

The good news is I've probably re-textured a good 15-16% of Serenity in Strata already, only a few hundred more items to do. . .

evil_genius_180
July 16th, 2006, 03:07 PM
My typos speak for themselves. :lol: I wanted people to know it's not a typo, I just can't spell.

The Dyslexic One
July 19th, 2006, 10:31 PM
My typos speak for themselves. :lol: I wanted people to know it's not a typo, I just can't spell.
That is what spell checkers are four, write? :laugh:

evil_genius_180
July 19th, 2006, 10:39 PM
That is what spell checkers are four, write? :laugh:

Sezactly. :lol: