PDA

View Full Version : Introduction

David Craft
September 5th, 2006, 10:19 PM
Hey whats up? Just found this place and it looks awsome. Thought I would introduce myself

Im David Craft and Im currently working with a few friends over the internet on a lil project of ours --> http://www.usspredator.com/ (sites not QUITE finished so bear with us lol)

It is basicly going to be a complete CG star trek series.

Well Im still new to 3d modeling but because of this project iv had to learn quickly. ;) But this seams like an awsome resourse. ^_^

well anyways hi and stuff.

~David

(BTW I was looking but what it the policy of "advertising" otehr projects like this? If I broke any rules im sorry. I was actualy going to start a separate thread JUST for it but thought better to ask first >_< )

morganzacd5p
September 5th, 2006, 10:35 PM
Welcome. Couldnt find any of your art on the site. Any chace of a view?

And from one series creator to another... GOOD LUCK!!!

David Craft
September 5th, 2006, 10:57 PM
Well the Actual predator model seen in the first page and then another shot on the top is an intrepid model from trekmeshes.ch

I edited the model slightly to just pair the naccels (and edited the motions as well) to make them go into a "x" formation)

a friend named Adam actualy took the shots and "glammered" them up in photoshop.

I was working on animation but I shifted myself now to teh crew (I basicly go where im needed. Im also an actor and a writer for the series lol)

Here is a shot of one of the characters. She SHOULD resemble Yuna from FFX a bit and theres a reason for that :p I did it using the Akio model in DAZ3d. Its my first attempt so Ill get better down the road.

http://img61.imageshack.us/img61/3248/render05wl7.jpg

Im also experimenting with Uniforms. I have been trying to create my own (and failing miserably). We are either going to use the latter DS9 ones or a similar version to the command style of STO. (no we are NOT going to use the one Admiral Janeway is wearing. None of us liek it at all. lol.)

Meh well anyways thanks for the reply ^_^. And what series are you working on?

~David

PS: Im my spelling is horible please forgive me... its like 2 am here... I REALY need to go to bed like NOW lol

evil_genius_180
September 5th, 2006, 11:03 PM
Welcome to 3DG. :D It's always good to have another modeler and creative brain here.

Your site looks cool and nothing I see violates the TOS. That stipulation refers to spamming, trying to sell products that have nothing to do with what we do here, not linking to projects. Your project relates very much to what we do here. ;)

The site looks good and your ship looks cool (even if it is based on the Voyager.) Please keep us informed on the progress of the site completion as I, for one, am very interested. :D

morganzacd5p
September 5th, 2006, 11:05 PM
A story Iv had sitting around since... 2000 I think. Its called ST: Phoenix. Its based off of the game ST invasion and EF2. Im still hammering out the ship design (http://www.scifi-meshes.com/forums/attachments/2d-wips/14245d1156738983-morganzacd5ps-phoenix-class-few-others-redux-phoenixver69a-dorsald.png) though with the help of Ed.

David Craft
September 5th, 2006, 11:14 PM
thx for the info evil_genius_180. And yes its based on Voyager but we PROMISE it wont be a godship :-p

And ST Phoenix... good name and sounds interesting ;) Best of Luck

Yah ST Predator is going to be an interestign series. We are going to stay true to what makes star trek STAR TREK. However there are going to be some completely new twists and there is a new enemy...
Theres also going to be some problems with the internal of the Federation itself...
We are still hamering out the exact plot but have a basis down.

We have about 4-5 ppl activly working on it and a few others doing things here and there. We wll (hopefully) be finding a few more to take some of the stress off the few of us doing ALOT.

I just cant wait to see how it all turns out ^_^

~David

evil_genius_180
September 5th, 2006, 11:22 PM
Sounds cool. One thing I like about your ship is the addition of the nacelles. I always thougth Voyager looked off balance, but those nacelles help to balance it more. As for it being after 2 in the a.m., you must be in the same time zone I am, EST adjusted for DST. :alien:

gmd3d
September 6th, 2006, 01:19 AM
Welcome David .. looks vera vara intresting. looking forwad to see some more :)

Cryptie
September 6th, 2006, 01:25 AM
He has his five spam posts now lets see if David comes back. ;)

David Craft
September 6th, 2006, 09:49 AM
Im still here ppl! *rolls eyes*

If all I wanted was 5 posts I wouldnt introduce myself like that lol

evil_genius_180
September 6th, 2006, 10:33 PM
It's true. I could tell David is here to stay from the beginning. Most 5-posters just do 2-5 word comments in 5 posts and then disappear into the sunset. Though I think Cryptie knows also, she's just messin' with you. :lol:

David Craft
September 10th, 2006, 08:02 PM
lol yar I see.

Anyways my partner in crime updated the site with some early pics and a pic of My model with my HORIBLE attempt at a uniform. Why did he have to use THAT pic.. WHY?!?! :-P

Ah well...

Been busy with work and school... full time work and full time school is teh pits. But ill be back to working on the project soon. More updates to follow soon ;)

~David

morganzacd5p
September 10th, 2006, 08:07 PM
Full time on both... I feel your pain.

Great concept for the bridge.

Alowyn
September 13th, 2006, 10:22 AM
Welcome to the forums, David...)
I'm new here myself, but hopefully we'll both be around and contributing for awhile to come.
I've just started with Poser and DazStudio as well and it looks like your doing a great job with Aiko.
Looking forward to seeing where the series goes.