PDA

View Full Version : Proper author credits

xcalpro
October 10th, 2006, 06:13 PM
I came a cross an image in the Gallery that used some of my TOS models. I don't have a problem with people using the models as long as proper credit is given. The image that I am referring to states that credit is available at Renderosity.com, which is not true. I created the TOS bridge set that is used in the image and it is not available on Renderosity.com. At least not with my permission. The only place this model set is available is directly from my site at www.xcalpro.com

I would appreciate it if the author would correct this oversite, since in the readme file distributed with the models, it clearly states that proper credit should be given if my models are used for public display.

I also don't think its appropriate to say "Credits at Renderosity.com". That's just plain wrong and inconsiderate. If your going to use someone elses work, then you should credit them properly.

evil_genius_180
October 10th, 2006, 08:48 PM
Which gallery image? Post a link to it or use the img code to show the gallery image here so proper steps can be taken.

xcalpro
October 11th, 2006, 04:52 AM
I was hoping I wouldn't have to point a finger and let the author make the correction, but I don't think that person is currently active anymore. The image I was referring to is http://www.3dgladiators.net/gallery/details.php?image_id=111&

evil_genius_180
October 11th, 2006, 09:46 PM
Yeah, I don't think that person is over here much anymore, if at all. I can't personally do anything about it, but I'll try to contact the site admins and see if we can get that taken care of. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.