PDA

View Full Version : Enterprise Redesign ?? possible

gmd3d
October 26th, 2006, 09:53 AM
Saw this picture on an other site .. Thoughts ?? bty there are picture of a star fleet shuttle ..... Model Made by GabrielCKoerner ........(until proved wrong) :arrow: :jestor:

Follow this link http://trekweb.com/stbbs/showThread.php?bid=FldwoPP0qETo2&tid=4532d7a0a921f&cid=4532d7a0ae044&viewby=&sort=&order=

morganzacd5p
October 26th, 2006, 11:40 AM
Holly Hell!!! Now thats an Enterprise. Got to see what this guy does with the 1701-A

gmd3d
October 26th, 2006, 12:07 PM
Look interesting to say the least ..... there are areas I like and others i just don't

evil_genius_180
October 26th, 2006, 09:51 PM
Yeah, there are a lot of these floating around, but this is the most elaborate I've seen. As you said, T, there are things I like and things I don't. As some of you know, I have a warm place in my heart for TOS, it's mostly what I model. But, I've thought of maybe doing one of these myself.

One quick question, though. Where are the credits on this image? I find it hard to believe an artist would put something like this up with no credits.

gmd3d
October 26th, 2006, 11:59 PM
he had no credits on the pic at all .....in fact there no name on any of the pic s when you follow the link ?

morganzacd5p
October 27th, 2006, 12:02 AM
Maybe the links not where it originated.

Ooooo... a mystery :biggrin:

gmd3d
October 27th, 2006, 12:04 AM
I hate mysteries they give me a belly ache .... :) kirk TOS

gmd3d
October 27th, 2006, 12:20 AM
there is one saying that he created it .... GabrielCKoerner

gmd3d
October 27th, 2006, 12:26 AM
After looking in to this mystery a bit more . the Artist I believe is Mr Gabriel C Koerner ..... until I am proved wrong I will go with that ....:)

Mystery solved belly ache averted until proved wrong :) :)

morganzacd5p
October 27th, 2006, 12:31 PM
Ah Ha... But it couldn’t be Mr. Koerner. He was still on the train to New Your with Ms Peacock. :farmerjoh (closest thing I could find to looking like Sherlock)

Wonder if this guy has done any other varients?

evil_genius_180
October 27th, 2006, 12:47 PM
Yeah, it mystifies me someone would put an image on the net with no credits and/or no watermarks. There are people who come to forums, don't join so they can't be tracked, and steal artwork to pass off as their own. Hell, it happened to Warrior with his Viper chart. At least you found his name. I didn't look at all of the pics because that site takes too freakin' long to load on my internet connection and I was doing other things.

gmd3d
October 27th, 2006, 02:13 PM
Ah Ha... But it couldn’t be Mr. Koerner. He was still on the train to New Your with Ms Peacock. :farmerjoh (closest thing I could find to looking like Sherlock)

Wonder if this guy has done any other varients?

What ??? you mean I might have my Belly ache return .. :shock: :shock: :cylon:

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Dawg
October 27th, 2006, 02:18 PM
I like it from the standpoint it's a "meaner" looking Enterprise than the white-painted ship from the series. It's got more edge.

That doesn't mean I like it any better than the original look.

And not being an artist (I'm a writer) lets me evaluate it on looks alone.

;)

I am
Dawg
:warrior:

gmd3d
October 27th, 2006, 02:22 PM
Yeah, it mystifies me someone would put an image on the net with no credits and/or no watermarks. There are people who come to forums, don't join so they can't be tracked, and steal artwork to pass off as their own. Hell, it happened to Warrior with his Viper chart. At least you found his name. I didn't look at all of the pics because that site takes too freakin' long to load on my internet connection and I was doing other things.

Your right there ... I will try to post thumbnail views here tomorrow so you can see the different view

gmd3d
October 27th, 2006, 02:27 PM
I like it from the standpoint it's a "meaner" looking Enterprise than the white-painted ship from the series. It's got more edge.

That doesn't mean I like it any better than the original look.

And not being an artist (I'm a writer) lets me evaluate it on looks alone.

;)

I am
Dawg
:warrior:

Hey Dawg hows it going .....
the ship has the virtue of been a complete new take on the Trek universe :biggrin:
I would like to change a number of things...
for me it has lost some of its grace but the elegance is still there ...
he did a nice job on it,.. I like half that talent .... but EG180 is another id like half the talent off .. But I am getting there ....

gmd3d
October 27th, 2006, 02:50 PM
here are some more pictures .. following thread will have the shuttle craft .. which I like . apart from the view ports ....

gmd3d
October 27th, 2006, 02:52 PM
ta da val la .. shuttle crafts ..

morganzacd5p
October 27th, 2006, 03:01 PM
See... what I like about these is that they give the old series a darker, more real feel to it.

verath
October 27th, 2006, 11:28 PM
Interesting design philosophy. It has the feel of an advanced technology prototype.

evil_genius_180
October 28th, 2006, 01:23 AM
yeah, that's definitely the best (redesigned) Enterprise I've ever seen, but the original is still my favorite. Now all the crew needs is a BDU-style duty uniform, to match the militaristic look of the ship and shuttle.

Nurbz
October 28th, 2006, 01:30 AM
Yep, that's the work of Gabe Koerner (From Trekkies and Trekkies II fame). The kid is all grown up and is in the VFX biz. He has done some work on BSG and other projects.

http://www.gabekoerner.com

His retake on the 1701 is interesting, to say the least. I like some elements of the design and I am not too sure I like other aspects of his production, but they are growing on me.

Damned original thinking, though.

If you take a closer look at the windows, as a reference of scale, that's one big ship. The area below the bridge must be 3 to 4 decks deep.

All-in-all, it's rather unique.

richmerk
June 2nd, 2007, 01:50 AM
Very interesting work. I'm totally jealous. :)

The models aren't very 'Trekkish' though. Star Trek ships have always been very streamlined. These are what the Enterprise would look like if it was in the Star Wars universe. :)

morganzacd5p
June 2nd, 2007, 07:56 PM
Very interesting work. I'm totally jealous. :)

The models aren't very 'Trekkish' though. Star Trek ships have always been very streamlined. These are what the Enterprise would look like if it was in the Star Wars universe. :)

Which is whats been keeping it from looking as real as possible. Think of it as a compairison between the designs of Vipers from original Battlestar, and New

KnightRider
August 7th, 2007, 04:28 PM
Although I'm only an amateour, I can only say one thing: this is what I call a beautiful design.