PDA

View Full Version : Star Trek: Legacy

victor1st
November 21st, 2006, 09:47 PM
Anyone in here heard of this new PC game from bethesda Softworks/MadDoc? High poly ships and all that :)

Heres a stack of screenies so folks can have a look. http://www.startrek-gamers.com/legacyscreen.htm

evil_genius_180
November 21st, 2006, 10:07 PM
Oooooh, look at all the ship models. :evil:

Those are some hot screenies, thanks for the link. :D

P.S. if anyone has any references on the ship pictured here, please let me know. I'd be very interested on any screencaps, pics, preferably blueprints, whatever you've got.

etwtewtew
November 22nd, 2006, 05:39 AM
Seems to have all the same proportions as the classic connie, with daedalus style nacelle caps, ENT style bussards, nurnies, saucer edge, and warp coils, a short neck, and of course flat nacelle struts, other than that, a straight hybrid of the daedalus and constitution, although the deflector is a wild card, since it's not visible at all. Seems like enough visual reference to model from, if that's the sort of thing you wanted to do with it :wink:

Edit: Kind of reminds me a little of a flatter version of this: Dennis Bailey's Phoenix (http://scifi3d.theforce.net/details.asp?intGenreID=9&intCatID=51&key=410)

evil_genius_180
November 22nd, 2006, 11:03 AM
I think I saw someone building that exact ship from Legacy once. I might check SFM and see if anyone over there was doing it. And what the hell is a nurnie?

etwtewtew
November 22nd, 2006, 01:07 PM
And what the hell is a nurnie?

It's like a greeble (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greeble) only more nurnie (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nurnie) like :biggrin: I'm not really sure if there's a difference :biggrin:

victor1st
November 22nd, 2006, 01:47 PM
The link is actually my site :)

If you dig around youll be able to hear some podcast interviews with the developer...MadDoc, they also made the million selling Star Trek: Armada II

The game itself has about 80 ships in it from the ENT era up to and inclusing the DS9 era and the films. Ohhh...and theres the clincher.

ALL FIVE captains have voice roles in the game, William Shatner (kirk), Avery Brooks (sisko), Kate Mulgrew (janeway), Patrick Stewart (picard) and Scot Bakula (archer)...this is the first time in the history of the entire franchise that one project has had all 5 captains in at the same time.

evil_genius_180
November 22nd, 2006, 08:45 PM
Definitely sounds like an awesome game. I'm glad you brought this to our attention and you've obtained an impressive screenie collection. Do you know if the game will include the Ambassador-class? She's one of my favorites, along with the Constellation-class.

morganzacd5p
November 22nd, 2006, 09:56 PM
NX, Constellation, Constitution Refit, Excell, Galaxy, Akira, Intrepid, Defiant, And the Sovie. Now these are the ones listed on the sites official ships page. But Im seeing others in the screen shots.

Iv got a TMP Akazi, Miranda, NX Miranda, Ambassador (hears EVG180 Cheer), Akula, Nebula, something that looks like a Klingon version of the SG Prometheus, and...

You know what, HERE!!!... Get them yourself :)

http://startrek.bethsoft.com/art/legacy_pcscreens.html
http://startrek.bethsoft.com/games/legacy-ships.html

OOOOOOHHH... Ill take three of these.
http://startrek.bethsoft.com/images/art/legacyxboxscreens/lexbox_18B.jpg

evil_genius_180
November 22nd, 2006, 10:43 PM
Now I just gotta get a new PC (yeah, right) and wait for this game to come out.

victor1st
November 23rd, 2006, 08:27 AM
To be honest i wouldnt go to the bethesda site for updates, they are known to be slow.

So far this is the full list of ships which STG knows appears in the game...

Federation

Discovery
Minuteman
NX-01
Poseidon
Strider
Yorktown
Akula
Apollo
Centaur
Constellation
Constitution
Constitution Refit
Excelsior
Excelsior Refit
Miranda
Miranda Refit
Oberth
Proxima
Proxima Refit
Akira
Ambassador
Defiant
Galaxy
Intrepid
Nebula
Norway
Nova
Sovereign
Steamrunner

Klingon

K-30
Predator
Raptor
Stinger
B’rel
D-3
D-7
Death Boot
Death Rite
K’tinga
Ravenous
Stalker
K-18
K-32
K’vort
Negh’var
Raptor Refit
Vor’cha

Romulan

Battlehawk
Bird-of-Prey
Hunter
Skyhawk
Swarm
Swift Wing
BoP (Rom)
Gryphon
K’tinga
Praetor
Stormbird
Vengeance
Whitewing
Winged Def.
D’deridex
Harpy
Raptor
Talon

Borg

Cube
Diamond
Obelisk
Pyramid
Rectangle
Sphere
Cube
Diamond
Obelisk
Pyramid
Rectangle
Sphere 2
Cube 3
Diamond 3
Obelisk 3
Pyramid 3
Rectangle 3
Sphere 3
Tactical Cube

As for the excelsior...it depends on which one you mean...the first excelsior that was in The Search for Spock and then was commanded by Sulu or the refit Excelsior "Lakota" class that appears in TNG/DS9? I think both of them appear and i know one of them is definately a playable ship.

Ingame rander of the Excelsior...from Bethesda
http://www.startrek-gamers.com/images/legacyrenders/st_excelsior_render.jpg

Ingame screenshot of the Excelsior...
http://www.startrek-gamers.com/images/legacynew1/lepc_06B.jpg

victor1st
November 23rd, 2006, 08:30 AM
Ohhhh and this is my personal favourite, this is how the warbird looks rendered ingame...

http://www.startrek-gamers.com/images/legacyrenders/st_warbird_render.jpg

martok2112
December 26th, 2006, 05:49 PM
If you get any version of Star Trek Legacy, I would get the Xbox 360 version, as the PC version is CHOCK full of bugs. Reviews for the PC version (and conversations I've had with fellow gamers) have been piss poor for it. The 360 version fared better, and that's the one I've got.

Martok2112

skyhawk223
January 6th, 2007, 04:59 PM
I have the Xbox 360 version. It's pretty good with some elements of ST:Bridge Commander worked in. The contorls are a little tricky at first, but you get the hang of it.

morganzacd5p
January 6th, 2007, 07:55 PM
I still have been trying to set up a 3 on 1. Feds VS Tac Cube... BATTLE!!!

Lee
January 7th, 2007, 07:07 AM
wow.. that looks real...i gotta get this game...

evil_genius_180
January 7th, 2007, 11:36 AM
I still have been trying to set up a 3 on 1.

That sounds naughty. :evil:

Lee
January 8th, 2007, 01:10 AM
:redface: :wtf: :nonono: YOUR NOT RIGHT!!! :lol:

evil_genius_180
January 8th, 2007, 01:44 AM
I've known that a lot longer than you have, bro. :alien:

I kept that comment in check the first time I read that, but after I read it again, my crude sense of humor got the better of me. :bash:

morganzacd5p
January 8th, 2007, 01:44 PM
OH... Thanks. You have just ruined this game for me. I hope your proud of yourself.

evil_genius_180
January 8th, 2007, 09:24 PM
I hope your proud of yourself.

Yeah, pretty much. :evil:

Khronnos
January 9th, 2007, 04:14 PM
I don't own an Xbox 360. So I will most likely go ahead and buy it for the PC. I had no clue that there were different designs unseen before. My brother and I have toyed with the idea of running a local star trek rpg based in the Enterprise era, or shortly thereafter. I think some variations on the NX class could be very nice.

Khronnos
January 9th, 2007, 04:19 PM
Ok ok....Now I have to go buy it tomorrow!!

I used to play the old fasa star trek rpg. I owned all but 2 of the miniature ships. I just went to the Legacy homepage and looked at some of the screenshots. I saw two distinct ships that were from the Fasa designs...Im very excited one was a romulan ship. The Romulan Winged Defender. I always thought that ship design was very nice.

wow...I'm all giddy inside...heh

-Khronnos

erico
January 20th, 2007, 03:04 PM
Looks great but I don't have a 360, so I'll be waiting for a less buggy release of the PC version to come out. Those in-game renders really are incredible.

Nx-0809
May 13th, 2008, 04:59 PM
Go to http://legacy.filefront.com/!!
a site for mod legacy!
more starship,more race......

KenWood
August 19th, 2008, 10:26 PM
Darn - and I have to wait until I can afford a newer computer to get it (no XBox, Ps3, etc)... I'll just reload up SFC II or III and replay those for the time being...:cry:

evil_genius_180
August 19th, 2008, 10:45 PM
I hear you on that one. But I've almost got enough saved up to afford a system that should be able to handle some newer games. (the newest game I have right now that will run on my PC is from 2002)

ulimann644
August 21st, 2008, 09:59 AM
Looks great but I don't have a 360, so I'll be waiting for a less buggy release of the PC version to come out. Those in-game renders really are incredible.

Darn - and I have to wait until I can afford a newer computer to get it (no XBox, Ps3, etc)... I'll just reload up SFC II or III and replay those for the time being...:cry:

I hear you on that one. But I've almost got enough saved up to afford a system that should be able to handle some newer games. (the newest game I have right now that will run on my PC is from 2002)

I´ve testet the pc-version by a good friend and I say: "Yes - it looks really good, but beware of the gameplay!!!" It would become very boring after the first hour and I would rate it with only 61%. Hard-Core Trekkies can add 10% ;) for the models. I recommend to test it first before you buy it...

evil_genius_180
August 21st, 2008, 09:48 PM
Thanks for the pass-along advice but I rarely take other peoples' word for it that a game is good or bad. I find my tastes vary and games that get rave reviews don't rate very high on my list while ones that don't do so well can sometimes be my favorites. Then there are some rare occasions where I agree 100% with reviews.

Having said that, this game isn't exactly high on my "to buy" list anyway. I find Star Trek games to be hit or miss on being good enough for me to own (mostly miss.) Plus, as I said, my most recent PC game is from 2002, so I have some catching up to do on the 6 years of great games since then (and even some from before that demand my attention. ;))

ulimann644
August 22nd, 2008, 02:35 AM
Thanks for the pass-along advice but I rarely take other peoples' word for it that a game is good or bad. I find my tastes vary and games that get rave reviews don't rate very high on my list while ones that don't do so well can sometimes be my favorites. Then there are some rare occasions where I agree 100% with reviews.

Having said that, this game isn't exactly high on my "to buy" list anyway. I find Star Trek games to be hit or miss on being good enough for me to own (mostly miss.) Plus, as I said, my most recent PC game is from 2002, so I have some catching up to do on the 6 years of great games since then (and even some from before that demand my attention. ;))

Absolutly possible that other people have more fun with it - that´s the reason why I recommend a test before buying it. ;)

The only Trek-Game that I have is ELITE-FORCE 2 and I still like it more as the most newer games. But my absolut ALL-TIME-HITS are still the "Battle Isle" Games inclusive "Incubation+Add On"

evil_genius_180
August 22nd, 2008, 09:27 AM
I still like the 25th Anniversary game for the Nintendo and the Star Trek TNG RPG for the Sega Genesis. :)

As far as computer games go, I like more of the strategy/simulation games like the Starfleet Command series. Starfleet Academy was always a good game also. I used to have Bridge Commander and I liked it but I never liked it as well as Starfleet Academy. I don't think there are too many more that I've played and really liked.