PDA

View Full Version : Best Star Trek Video Game?

ghoyle1
June 27th, 2007, 01:03 PM
The last Star Trek game I ever played was one of those where you shoot around a 9x9 grid and zap as many Klingons as you can. Since I have some time on my hands this summer, I've decided to try to find one to play. Naturally, this is a subjective matter, but I'd like some input nonetheless.

I'll be playing on a Windows XP machine. I don't usually play video games at all, so I'm looking for something with an easy learning curve. I like TOS best, but other eras would be OK as well. I see a lot of mods for different ships and missions out there, so I'd love to play a game that supports modding. (I'd love to learn to design a ship for modding, in fact).

Any recommendations? Thanks in advance!

Guy

Lee
June 29th, 2007, 10:09 PM
Well, I like Armada2 for the RTS, Tactital simulation would be Bridge commander, FPS the was a voyager Elite force, that was ok...

gmd3d
July 2nd, 2007, 10:42 AM
Bridge commander was my personal fav ..

evil_genius_180
July 12th, 2007, 12:23 AM
Who needs high tech? The Star Trek: The Next Generation RPG for the Sega Genesis is still one of the best. The SNES game is the same game but with one major difference. The Genesis version lets you save the game on the bridge computer station. In the SNES version, you have to go to a Starbase to save the game and I'd get destroyed while warping to the Starbase to save the game after completing a mission.

Other than that, any of the Starfleet Command games for the PC. They're fun and you can find cool mods for them online. :D