PDA

View Full Version : new prop company?

sgreco1970
November 11th, 2007, 06:31 AM
I thought Master Replicas was the only one with rights to star trek, after the way paramount/viacom treated Majel about Roddenberry.com.

www.xscapesprops.com (http://www.xscapesprops.com)

who are they? I see no mention of rights and trademarks etc

Lee
November 11th, 2007, 09:27 AM
Don't know...

evil_genius_180
November 11th, 2007, 11:03 AM
Iwho are they?

Someone who is likely about to be sued by Fox, Disney, CBS/Paramount and LucasFilm for copyright infringement.

Fretslayer
December 5th, 2007, 08:57 PM
Looking at that site... I felt like some sort of junkie.
I looked at the stuff and wanted some of it...even though I knew it was wrong.
LOL!
:bounce:

Darrell Lawrence
December 5th, 2007, 09:06 PM
...hmmm Would a buyer from something like that be legally held accountable if no disclaimer was made about buying infringed stuff?

Fretslayer
December 5th, 2007, 09:21 PM
I'm no legal expert (even though I've been through more than one legal battle) however I would guess that 'no' the buyer would not be in 'trouble'.

However knowing the way the laws in America have been perverted in the last 30 years, I'd say that Viacom could have the buyer arrested for purchasing stolen goods, fined $250,000 - hit with a prison sentence and then sent to a secret prison...did I say secret prison? I meant 'Happy Fun Time Camp' finally they'll be tort...er.... I mean given lollypops and rainbow smiles. LOL!

Keep in mind that if you make a Birthday cake, decorate it with Mickey Mouse and GIVE it to your child you face a $250,000 fine and imprisonment. After seeing 'This Film is Not Yet Rated' Hollyweird scares me now. LOL