PDA

View Full Version : Heath Ledger... Dead

Darrell Lawrence
January 22nd, 2008, 03:38 PM
Heath Ledger, the actor cast to play the Joker in the new Batmovie, was found dead.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080122/ap_on_en_mo/obit_ledger

evil_genius_180
January 22nd, 2008, 09:35 PM
Yeah, that's sad. They just finished shooting The Dark Knight recently. He was the same age as me and seemed to have a lot going for him, so I'm wondering if it was really a suicide.

Kai
January 23rd, 2008, 01:27 AM
there's speculation about his trouble sleeping and that he may have been being treated for pneumonia and the meds he was taking interacted and killed him :(

Darrell Lawrence
January 23rd, 2008, 08:18 AM
Kai, that's similar to what I was thinking yesterday when I heard: Sleeping pills and prescription drugs mixing.

I just don't see suicide in this at all.

evil_genius_180
January 23rd, 2008, 11:11 AM
Yeah, I'm thinking it had to do with the meds he was on also. I just don't see why he'd purposefully commit suicide. He had so much going for him. They'll have an idea in about 10 days, though, according to the noon news. They probably have to wait that long for the blood work to be processed.

Darrell Lawrence
January 24th, 2008, 03:27 PM
I still don't get this... why call Mary Kate, of all people, instead of 911 to start with?

At 2:45 p.m., the massage therapist showed up for Ledger's appointment, knocked on his door and got no answer. She later noticed Ledger was unconscious and called actress Mary-Kate Olsen, whose number was programmed into Ledger's cell phone, to seek advice, police said.

Olsen said she would send over her private security. In the ensuing moments, the massage therapist realized that Ledger might be dead, called Olsen again, and then called 911. Paramedics and Olsen's security people arrived minutes later.

ddogstar
January 24th, 2008, 06:50 PM
Saw a disturbing videoclip of him from a drudgeeport link. Too, thought he was a good actor.

FWHS DESIGNS
February 10th, 2008, 08:29 AM
I think his best movie was a Knights Tale. I hope that when The Dark Knight is released, they have something as a tribute to him. He had so much potential and it is a shame he died.

roni190
September 22nd, 2008, 03:11 PM
Not to bump a dead thread but I gotta say He was BRILLANT as the Joker.
Stole the movie every time he was on screen.