PDA

View Full Version : Alternate Realities DVD Collection

Darrell Lawrence
June 5th, 2008, 03:36 PM
http://www.tvshowsondvd.net/graphics/news3/StarTrek_AltRealities_e.jpg

http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Star-Trek-Alternate-Realities/9766

From TVShowsOnDVD:

The other day we had the scoop on early cover art, pricing and basic info about bonus items for CBS/Paramount's Star Trek: Alternate Realities DVD box set, coming out on September 16th with 20 episodes collected from all five Trek shows. One of the bonus items isn't on-disc; it's an in-box offer (available for a limited time) of a mail-in offer for a free "Geordi La Forge" figure, probably (we theorized, but it's not yet confirmed by the studio) based on his appearance as Captain of the Challenger in the Voyager episode "Timeless". As it turns out, that episode IS indeed going to be included in this compilation.

We know that it's included thanks to our old friend Anthony Pascale, who yesterday was able to post the complete list of episodes for Star Trek: Alternate Realities at the TrekMovie.com website. Here's what you'll find on board:

* Disc 1:
o Mirror Universe:
+ Mirror, Mirror (The Original Series)
+ Crossover (Deep Space Nine)
+ Through The Looking Glass (Deep Space Nine)
+ Shattered Mirror (Deep Space Nine)

* Disc 2:
o Mirror Universe:
+ In A Mirror Darkly,Part 1 (Enterprise)
+ In A Mirror Darkly, Part 2 (Enterprise)
o Parallel Dimensions:
+ The Alternative Factor (The Original Series)
+ Parallels (The Next Generation)

* Disc 3:
o Twisted Realities:
+ The Enemy Within (The Original Series)
+ Turnabout Intruder (The Original Series)
+ Frame of Mind (The Next Generation)
+ Shattered (Voyager)

* Disc 4:
o Alternate Lives:
+ Yesterday's Enterprise (The Next Generation)
+ The Inner Light (The Next Generation)
+ The Visitor (Deep Space Nine)
+ Before And After (Voyager)

* Disc 5:
o Alternate Lives:
+ Timeless (Voyager)
+ Course: Oblivion (Voyager)
+ E2 (Enterprise)
+ Twilight (Enterprise)

Our thanks to Anthony for that info, and thanks also to reader William Raymer for the heads-up that it was available there. With the Alternate Realities theme broken into sub-themes of "Mirror Universe," "Parallel Dimensions," "Twisted Realities" and "Alternate Lives", it seems like they really have covered most of the bases!

Still, did they HAVE to include "Turnabout Intruder" in this? Yeeesh! However, as a 3rd-Season episode (in fact, the final episode aired) of the original series, its inclusion may hold the answer to one question some fans have asked. We've gotten a few e-mails wondering if the "TOS" episodes found on this set will possibly be the "remastered" versions of the show. We doubt that any third-season remastered episodes would be found first on this collection, before getting their own season set release. Don't you agree?

Darrell Lawrence
June 5th, 2008, 04:05 PM
I wonder why Beyond the Stars isn't included... or whatever that ep's name was when Sisko was "Bennie".

evil_genius_180
June 5th, 2008, 07:49 PM
I wonder why they bother with these collections. I already have most of those on DVD in my season collections. And I'm not going to buy it just to get the friggin' exclusive figure. ;)

Darrell Lawrence
June 5th, 2008, 08:20 PM
I've always wanted to get ref pics for "Bennies" drawing of "DS9" from the ep I mentioned.

evil_genius_180
June 5th, 2008, 11:15 PM
Ah, now I know which episode you're talking about. It's been a while since I've watched my DS9 collection, so I wasn't making the connection before. It's called Far Beyond the Stars.

I guess orb experiences don't count as alternate realities since they're not really happening.