PDA

View Full Version : amazon and killeroo

Sean
June 9th, 2008, 10:52 PM
http://www.seanellery.com/gallery/albums/userpics/amazon_finch2.jpg

This is the "Amazon" picture that is on the Gnomon workshop "how to colour comics by steve firchow" DVD. I *acquired* the high res file and have had a go at the colours!

This picture is deceptively easy looking! - it's not! It has all sorts of fiddly bits and pieces and it took me 4 tries to get the face right (and I'm still not happy...) I'm pretty happy with the nice brassy look I got on her upper armour though!

My colours are definitely not as good as steve's! :P

pencils = david finch
inks = joe weems

http://www.seanellery.com/gallery/albums/userpics/killeroo~0.jpg

pencils and inks by wayne nichols

darren close (who commissioned the picture) sent me the high res file to have a play with. His instructions were to 'keep it earthy'... so here it is.

cheers
Sean

Darrell Lawrence
June 9th, 2008, 11:56 PM
1st pic: That brass does look pretty good. On her leggings, is that silver/chrome? Could use a bit o shine there if so.

2nd pic: Dude, that background explosion looks AWESOME!!!

gmd3d
June 10th, 2008, 01:23 AM
stunning work .. I agree with warrior on the leggings ...

evil_genius_180
June 10th, 2008, 09:47 AM
OK, I'm definitely a net nerd. I saw Amazon in the thread title and all I could think of was Amazon.com. :cylon:

And I agree with Warrior. Both pics are great but the leggings definitely need a touch of shine, like the sword has and that explosion in the 2nd image is the shiznit. :D

ulimann644
June 11th, 2008, 08:28 AM
"When you want to paint - you first have to learn to see..." - Boris Vallejo

Yes - You really can see. This is outstanding artwork; I like the revenge of the killerroo - great idea for a picture.

For my taste the leggings off the amazon is okay, ´cause maybe it´s an exotic alloy (
Metal-Plastic..? ) We don´t know... ;)

Jenneh
June 13th, 2008, 10:19 AM
Another impressive image. :)
Personally I think the first turned out great.
And Killeroo....bwahaha.