PDA

View Full Version : CPU CHOICE

dv8_fx
June 22nd, 2008, 01:07 AM
Ahhh... found time to relax a bit.....

CPU.... am planning to get a new one. I'm a dodo with this . What would a good setup be....

I generally use Photoshop CS, Corel Draw and Illustrator for my imaging and design works. For 3d - Autocad2006, Hexagon, POSER and hoping to load my 3d MAX 7 and BRYCE as well as a couple more.

Price range is hard to say coz your prices are kinda different from here. My starting budget is RM3,500.00.... that's about US$1000.00 give or take a couple of hundreds depending on price difference.

I'm thinking of AMD . Packing in as much RAM as I can afford. I'd love to get a Raptor Drive. Still looking for one around here. For a start will 2 drives suffice? And any specific brand of motherboard.? There's a lot here and I'm having a headache.

And Graphics card... what goes well with AMD? I'm not into games and rather watch videos on a regular TV screen. Which reminds me.. the best FLAT Screen monitor so far that I can find here is SAMSUNG. Tho I'm not sure whether the brands you have are available here, any other?

What do you think?......