PDA

View Full Version : Who's Got The Maps?

Darrell Lawrence
August 12th, 2008, 04:00 AM
Who's got map images of the RP areas?

'Ra
August 12th, 2008, 09:25 AM
Shakaar I'm sure keep all his maps. I bet Katrina has some and I believe she has the original and revised treaties.

I found some of maps we used, but Shak's will be better quality then mine.:tongue2:

Darrell Lawrence
August 12th, 2008, 10:51 AM
Need 'em posted, or the location where I can find them for the Info page.

Katrina
August 13th, 2008, 08:37 AM
I think this (http://www.craigdannenberg.com/Bajor/mapnew.gif) is one of the ones we worked off in my ExA days, though there was a second one that had the Hydrans (with a 'corridor' of land Ulhass gave to the federation), the Cymothians, The Hypergates (Taka and Lollipop) etc. I'll have to look through my files to find it.

It was always a balancing act between the two. I had goals of eventually combining them into a central map, but it was always at the bottom of the to-do list under countless RP 'meetings' and treaty negotiations.

Looking back at my treaties, I can't help but laugh. I had one treaty file that I customized for every civ. Aram Naa (sp?) actually wrote the outline for the original, I fleshed it out into a workable treaty.

Matson
August 13th, 2008, 09:35 AM
I used to have a bunch of the old maps as part of the old SF Ops site, but everything was lost when Warp1 went down and my HD crashed within a week of each other.

--Jerry

'Ra
August 13th, 2008, 07:07 PM
I think this (http://www.craigdannenberg.com/Bajor/mapnew.gif) is one of the ones we worked off in my ExA days, though there was a second one that had the Hydrans (with a 'corridor' of land Ulhass gave to the federation), the Cymothians, The Hypergates (Taka and Lollipop) etc. I'll have to look through my files to find it.

This brings me back Katrina, I had forgot about the hypergates. Also reminds me to add Justin Stuart and Aram to our missing Nexusians section. Justin is the one who named the gate Lollipop. I'd love to see that map.

I'll try tommorrow to look thru my old web pages.

O.o You are so right about the treaties and meetings, we were so immersed in the Trek/Nexus universe, I'm amazed at all we accomplished.

Katrina
August 14th, 2008, 06:29 AM
This brings me back Katrina, I had forgot about the hypergates. Also reminds me to add Justin Stuart and Aram to our missing Nexusians section. Justin is the one who named the gate Lollipop. I'd love to see that map.

I'll try tommorrow to look thru my old web pages.

O.o You are so right about the treaties and meetings, we were so immersed in the Trek/Nexus universe, I'm amazed at all we accomplished.

I named the other Hypergate :laugh: Taka is Japanese for "Hawk" or Large Bird. I figured it more apropro for a 'speedy flight' enabling device.

Justin Stuart... now theres a name... He seemed to take great joy in living on Kat's 'Sh!t list' by doing all manner of interesting things with our less than friendly galactic neighbors.

Aramus
September 22nd, 2008, 08:53 AM
Wow, that map rocks! That sure brings back memories. The passion that folks showed for our WBS RP was intense. I still think it was the best RP experience I ever had. I'm still intensely proud to be a member of this group. It's...alll....so....beautiful! :cry:

Aram Na'aa
September 24th, 2008, 07:59 PM
I object to my "missing" status. I knew exactly where I was even if no one else did.

Aram Na'aa
September 24th, 2008, 08:11 PM
Justin Stuart...now theres a name... He seemed to take great joy in living on Kat's 'Sh!t list'...

Oh yes...indeed he did...

Aram Na'aa
September 24th, 2008, 08:19 PM
The map that Katrina linked to is the one I remember from ExA. Wasn't entirely sure how much use it got if any at all.

The written material I put together got wiped out years ago in the good 'ol days of Pentium II computing.

Freeman43
November 15th, 2008, 11:19 AM
i just have a question what maps are you talking about?

Darrell Lawrence
November 16th, 2008, 05:51 PM
Role Playing maps from an old RPG the members in this area used to participate in.

Freeman43
November 17th, 2008, 01:43 AM
ahhoo. this is the RP section? a little dead don't ya think or is there another place that i have not seen? B/C i like to Rp

evil_genius_180
November 17th, 2008, 10:00 AM
Warrior made this section of the forums recently so that the players of the old RPG could have a place to come and hang out. It might even be his intent to re-start the RPG, if enough people show interest (but I could be wrong about that.) So, it's dead but it's not completely gone, to answer your question. :)

Freeman43
November 17th, 2008, 03:34 PM
maybe he can give it shock therapy? hay if hes trying to get this thing back up, even though i am new i would still like to help with that

Fretslayer
November 17th, 2008, 04:07 PM
So it's only mostly dead?

He said 'Too Blave'.
;)

Darrell Lawrence
November 17th, 2008, 07:46 PM
No. It's not an RPG area. It's a gathering place for friends who USED to RPG in a different place. Read the entire "Nexus" forum area.

evil_genius_180
November 17th, 2008, 09:40 PM
So it's only mostly dead?

He said 'Too Blave'.
;)

With all dead there's really only one thing you can do; go through his pockets and look for loose change.

No. It's not an RPG area. It's a gathering place for friends who USED to RPG in a different place. Read the entire "Nexus" forum area.

That's what I thought but I wasn't totally sure what your intent was here because I never did the RPG thing and I mostly ignore this section of the forums. ;)