PDA

View Full Version : TOS Windows

ghoyle1
December 20th, 2008, 02:36 PM
I've always assumed that the rectangular windows on board the TOS Connies are about 1 meter by .5, and the round portholes are 1 meter in diameter. However, looking at other artists' models and pictures, I'm not sure those dimensions are accurate. Does anybody have an opinion or reference about this?

TIA,

Guy Hoyle

mcmiller
December 20th, 2008, 03:34 PM
It's hard to tell. The scale on my old Franz Joseph blueprints show that they may be anywhere from a hair bigger than that... to as much as 50% bigger. But I wouldn't call that definitive by any stretch. Many of the blueprints' windows are drawn in with orthographic shape distortion and the scale legend is not fine enough to make a very accurate measurement.

evil_genius_180
December 20th, 2008, 07:26 PM
Yeah, it's really not that clear. I usually just wind up scaling mine based on what blueprints I'm using for the Constitution-class and then use the same base window on models that follow. I do know one thing, the round windows are the same diameter as the smaller dimension on the rectangular ones, except the 3 bigger windows in the saucer front.