PDA

View Full Version : WARNING: FILEFRONT BANKRUPT, SAVE WHAT YOU CAN!

BorgMan
March 25th, 2009, 02:37 PM
ZiffMedia, the company behind FileFront, is bankrupt. They are closing down all of their servers, and ftp access to those involved has been denied. If you have files you want on there, go now and save it. Details are sketchy, but as much as this is clear: March 30th will mark the end of FileFront. Save what you can...

Check out the original message here (http://farewell.filefront.com/).

If this message can be put up in a more vissible place, please do so :)

kageryu
April 3rd, 2009, 06:10 PM
Somehow this does not surprise me. All the good file-hosting sites have long ago perished, and now those that are left are slowly dying off. Soon we will be left with those few that force us to view a bajillionteen adds and popups to download a file.

evil_genius_180
April 3rd, 2009, 10:19 PM
It's sad but true. Kinda like the good free site hosting services. About all you can count on not folding these days is Geocities and they require you to have that crappy side bar with ads and pop-ups (all so you can have your 15MB of space with about a 200MB bandwidth.)

kageryu
April 4th, 2009, 12:02 PM
Even the free Driver sites have become commercial lapdogs, bombarding us with ads and popups (*cough*driverguide*cough*). Just last summer I finally found a site to host some flash movies on for free, that supported hotlinking - it seemed no sooner did I upload a movie then they dissappeared :(

evil_genius_180
April 4th, 2009, 02:28 PM
I had that happen with a free web server once. I spent days designing a site, got it all uploaded and then a few days later it was no more. No e-mail telling me why, nothing. I found out by searching that it went under.

BorgMan
April 4th, 2009, 03:53 PM
As a heads up, the original creators of Filefront have decided to buy it back. They made an announcement that this all has been unrelated to April 1st. They made the decision to buy it back and just send out the notice, to make sure everybody knows what's going on. Read the announcement here (http://welcome.filefront.com/) :)