PDA

View Full Version : District 9

Thomas P
May 20th, 2009, 11:30 AM
http://www.apple.com/trailers/sony_pictures/district9/index.html

A Peter Jackson presentation - coming in August. To be honest, I read an article on it and thought - eh... Then, of course, I decided to watch the trailer - I'm warming to it.

mcmiller
May 20th, 2009, 12:46 PM
How is this going to be different than the themes that were already played out with the V & Alien Nation series?

Fretslayer
May 20th, 2009, 05:56 PM
How is this going to be different than the themes that were already played out with the V & Alien Nation series?

Hobbits?

evil_genius_180
May 21st, 2009, 01:39 AM
^ That's pretty friggin' hilarious. :D

I think I did see a preview for this a while back. It did make me think of Alien Nation. I'll probably give it a whirl when it comes out on DVD.

Thomas P
May 21st, 2009, 07:56 AM
I have not been able to find out much more (though have not tried very hard :D). It does 'look' a tad like an Alien Nation but I read it is some type of 'mock'-umentary treatment. Maybe a Cloverfield type movie as well in that there is to be a bunch of viral stuff on the web that ties into the movie.

www.d-9.com

I just get the feeling it's a twist on the alien invasion story. Poor aliens, no idea how they got here, don't 'know' how their stuff works, we take them in but 'protect them'... like Alien Nation. However, the trailer seems to point out that something is going on that no one is paying attention to. I think it will be different. With Jackson involved I don't see a remake or take off of AN to be honest.

evil_genius_180
May 21st, 2009, 11:43 AM
Right... it *won't* be a remake with the guy involved who remade King Kong. :lol:

Seriously, it sounds interesting. I like things like that.

Thomas P
May 21st, 2009, 11:46 AM
Ya know, I knew someone would bring that up :laugh:

Fretslayer
May 21st, 2009, 11:58 AM
I was going to point out he was the guy who made 'Bad Taste' but I didn't expect anybody to know what that film even was. LOL!

Although it has one of the greatest 'freaks walking down the street with a bloody axe' shots ever filmed.:eek:

LcqscKtxSB8