PDA

View Full Version : Photoshop Elements 7

ArielSzataria
June 18th, 2009, 05:32 PM
In a handful of words......
Worst piece of crap Bloatware Ever

In more detail
Ok, I got this program thinking, hey, my old copy of Photoshop is a few years old, and I could use updated software. Can't afford the big one, so I will get the budget one. All the adverts said "Image editing" and I thought cool, so I got it.

I essentially wasted nearly 1/6th my total income this month on trash

The program is the worst piece of overbuilt bloatware with fancy graphics and useless features I have ever seen. It makes Windows Vista Ultimate 64 look like DOS. If something could easily be done with a single buton, they have it buried 5 menues deep and requiring 2-3 menues of options for you to work through. If something might concievably need maybe a full menu of options, it's even harder to get to, and you have to deal with half a dozen menues, before you can do anything useful. And before you can do ANYTHING, there is the home page

Thjat's right, this image editing software starts with a bleeping HOME PAGE. Not the image editing software, but a home page with a ton of flashy graphics and useless crud, and to get to anything you might want to use, you need to find it, then boot it up, then allow it internet access. Of course, this program, once you boot it up, is, very obviously, NOT MEANT to be image editing software, it is meant to be a glorified photo album system. So it is, essentially, if you can find a REALLY good deal, $95 for a badly-coded photo album maker. What a deal. And the Photo Album interface is a total kludge, hard to use and all variations on grey, so if you have problems with color separation in your monitors or, gods forbid, you are color blind, well, good luck seeing anything....

Now, it does have 2 pluses. You get 2 gigs of free image hosting online via photoshop.com, and the program seems stable. But yeah, for $95, I could buy nice web hosting for a decent site, get a free photo album viewer (If I wanted one, I don't, I have one from 1995 that is perfect and I have not seen the equal of since then in terms of functionality and simplicity)

If I thought I could get a refund, I would be sending this waste of space back to the seller right now. I feel like I soiled my computer by installing it.

gmd3d
June 19th, 2009, 03:23 AM
Ouch that sounds er "Bloated". a warning too all .

psycoderek
July 15th, 2009, 08:40 AM
OUch!!!!!! 95 bucks for nothing. That hurts. Gimp is free and seriff do a good deal that is not bad to work with and quite cheap. Try here

http://www.serif.com/webplus/webplus10.asp?MC=SERPPCWP1

You may find what you want at a fraction of the cost.

Don't worry, I have done this myself so I know how you feel.