PDA

View Full Version : Contest Suggestions

gmd3d
June 26th, 2009, 01:03 AM
Hi all.

I want to drum up some ideas for a new contest .. So if you have any ideas post them here and I will create a poll for the top idea. the runner up idea
can then be used for future contests.

Fretslayer
June 26th, 2009, 07:23 AM
Hmmm...

Modeling:
Spaceship cockpit or interior
Mech
Large space cannon weapons
Hand held weapon (rifle or pistol)
Car (muscle, concept, original)
Moonbase / Outpost

Best Texture, or scene composition.

How about a scene that has to built with items found at only this site?
There are some great meshes here that I've not seen in a scene - it could be cool.

Of course - there is also animations. :)

Just bouncin' ideas.
Hope some other people do too.
:D

gmd3d
June 26th, 2009, 08:01 AM
all good stuff :)
I like the outpost idea

ArielSzataria
June 26th, 2009, 01:55 PM
How about a war scene. Tribbles versus Pokemon? Most annoyingly cute wins? :D

Or, a true test of skill, making a teen pop star (Pick one) look intelligent and talented. But that is probably impossible, so no one would win. :tongue2:

That's the best I could do lol, Fretslayer posted all my ideas before I could lol.

Fretslayer
June 27th, 2009, 12:24 AM
How about something with particles?

Tenement
June 27th, 2009, 01:28 AM
It's the 40th anniversary of the moon landing in July so why not an open category celebrating our little lunar brother. 2D art work, 3D art work, an animation or a related mesh of some kind.

gmd3d
June 27th, 2009, 01:51 PM
It's the 40th anniversary of the moon landing in July so why not an open category celebrating our little lunar brother. 2D art work, 3D art work, an animation or a related mesh of some kind.

Nice idea ..

Lee
June 27th, 2009, 05:01 PM
how about a lunar outpost... complete with lander...

Fretslayer
June 27th, 2009, 05:52 PM
Yah, that lunar lander thing sounds pretty cool.

Just out of curiosity, do any of you guys happen to remember an old magazine by the name of 'Omni'? They used to have some of the most incredible scifi artwork in that mag.

Lee
June 28th, 2009, 11:04 AM
Yeah, I remember it... my sister owns a used book store so I still get some from time to time...

Fretslayer
June 28th, 2009, 11:55 AM
If the contest is an image related one, how about recreating a shot from Omni?
Not that it has to be the exact same thing, but inspired by a piece of art from it.
I credit that magazine for my love of scifi related art.
It's a shame it was turned into a self parody the last year or two of it's run.
Somebody should do 'Omni 2.0'.

ghoyle1
July 1st, 2009, 09:11 PM
What about a new take on an old topic: rocketships! An update on the old days of Buck Rogers, Flash Gordon, and all those old space opera pulps without losing the qualities that made us love them in the past.

gmd3d
July 2nd, 2009, 01:41 AM
yeah that's a good idea also .. I am a but busy at he moment once thing in real life settle back I will post an contest based on the ideas put forward

Fretslayer
July 2nd, 2009, 07:41 AM
Ah, the only contests I seem to win are '...I'll drink you under the table!'
:laugh:

psycoderek
July 15th, 2009, 11:01 AM
How about a front cover design for a scifi related comic book? You must remember those great Marvel designs of yester year. 2000 ad was a good one too.

gmd3d
July 15th, 2009, 11:05 AM
How about a front cover design for a scifi related comic book? You must remember those great Marvel designs of yester year. 2000 ad was a good one too.

hey that's a great Idea .. I add it to the list

Fretslayer
July 29th, 2009, 04:12 PM
How about a contest to decide what contest to hold?

LOL!
:D

gmd3d
December 13th, 2009, 03:51 AM
I am going to restarting this contest. but we will make it for a new year 2010.. if its successful perhaps a monthly contest will follow...

the first one can be as suggested a Lunar Outpost idea with no limitations as to the era or the subject.

you can base it around a TV show or movie books ore your own imagination ..

you have the Christmas period to think about it . the last day for submitting your work will be the end of January 2010.. :santa::santa:

if you wish to take part post in this thread and I will add your name to the list.

this is open to all members new and old. :biggrin::biggrin:

Fretslayer
December 15th, 2009, 06:29 AM
Count me in.
I'll try not to let my fascination with Starblazer ships show this time. LOL!!!